Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. (15962 Views)

The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria / Fupre Oral Interview List Is Out / Fupre Post Ume Is Out At Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
I still can't find enough words to describe the injustice meted out to some Aspirants of FUPRE (Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State), in the recently concluded post utme exercise.

After stumbling upon the school on the internet, I did some internet search on this institution and discovered they prided themselves on being the first Petroleum Resource institution in Africa, and sixth in the world. I then concluded they were indeed prestigious, especially after my sister recommended them for my confused mind (I was ponderous at this moment on which university to fill on that JAMB form). Indeed I had University of Abuja foremost on my mind, before I had to rule it out, due to the unpredictable security issues in the north.

After writing JAMB, and getting through it well enough, despite the callous decision of the supervisors to switch off the computers with plenty minutes to go, I then proceeded to buy the Post UTME exam form.

Fast-forward to August 6, the day of the exam.
I arrived at the venue of the exam, not seeing any reason for failure or any meltdown of any sorts.

After queuing under the sun for six hours, (even under the rain) we finally got entrance into the exam venue.
Sincerely, when I got the question papers, my many months of ferocious reading seemed an overkill, as the exam was relatively easier than anything presented in the past questions. So, I did it happily under the stipulated 1 hour, happy to finally put the excessive stress and strain on me to rest.

Two weeks later, we were notified on the school's portal, about the availability of the results, but we had to pay Three thousand Naira to check the result.
I paid the required amount ( This money was later cancelled after some pressure from the SUG, but those who paid already are yet to be refunded) , but had to wait a few days before I could access the result.

Some few days later, on a cloudy afternoon, I logged in to check the result. What I saw shocked me to near heart attack. "post utme score: 8 0ut of 50" kept staring back at me from my phone screen. I thought I was going to collapse, and kept drinking cups of water, stupefied.

Still dazed, I headed online to see what others scored, only to see several complaints of similar scores, some 0 (zero), 5, 8 ,11 and several other funny scores. (marked over 50)
More depressing were the accompanying comments; "I am lifeless", "I feel like dying", "I am dead", "I am done with school"

I still don't get how I could get 16% out of a very easy exam compared to JAMB.
I sent mails to the school, seeking an inquest into the unhealthy situation or even to have my papers remarked, only to get NO reply.

Before filling out FUPRE as my choice of institution, I had to bring myself out of severe depression to undertake JAMB ( I lost my schooling in Ghana previously, due to some unfortunate financial circumstances). I toiled to read while motivating myself not to give up. I had no doubt in my mind I was going go excel.

It's September already, and the school is already at an advanced stage in the admission processes, with many already been given admissions. There has not been a single statement from the VC or the Management, addressing the Enforced failure.

I feel, we were taken for a ride and only monetarily exploited, since they have refused to address troops of disgruntled candidates who have so far stormed the school.

If the school is sure it's in the clear on this saga, why has it refused to yield to demands of remarking by the candidates, as any credible institution would?

It's a shame JAMB has to leave its students at the mercy of exploitative organizations like FUPRE, posing as credible tertiary institutions of learning.
Any school would even be curious, to know why students who comfortably passed JAMB, scoring at least 50% will then proceed to score 10% and even less in an inferior exam, but not FUPRE anyways.

I am slumping into depression again, as I can't bear being at home another due to FUPRE's gross injustice.

I don't speak for myself alone, but for the multitude of candidates who have been robbed of hope, and who may never summon up the energy to stay afloat to fight another day.

From an aggrieved FUPRE aspirant seeking justice.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
tags: fynestboi , seun , mukina2, mynd44

Please I need help to get this to front page or else this efforts of mine is a waste.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Yungwhy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sorry, buh wats your JAMB score??

1 Like

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ayswagga5: 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
chaiii
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
Yungwhy: Sorry, buh wats your JAMB score??
why did you ask?
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Nastydroid(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Maybe the school have limited space
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nastydroid: Maybe the school have limited space
they could have just upped the cut of mark if that was the case.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
mods, please help do the needful by bringing this to front page...
This is a very sensitive issue that needs attention.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Soclose007(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mod pls FP pls ...in fact fupre has lost focus
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rather than asking them to remark the exam, call for your script and do a thorough comparison with their supposed marking guide. That's a more practicable approach.

Secondly, petition all the relevant authorities I.e JAMB,Federal ministry of Education and the Education minister (separately),Delta state ministry of education and the delta state commissioner for education (separately),National universities commission and human rights group like JDPC, CLO, human rights watch etc. Don't relent and hold forth till you come to a logical conclusion.

Finally, link/hook up with other candidates with the same predicament and create as much awareness as you can, make all the noise you can,occupy FUPRE if possible,protest peacefully and hold out for as long as you can till your demands are met.

I wish you all the best and I'd keep us posted as events go.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2014
Not fair this thread isn't gaining utmost attention, just because it's not one of the more popular schools in Nigeria.... If this was about OAU or UNILAG........

5 Likes

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Soclose007(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2014
Bro,.. Tnx alot.. I ws scored 13 out of 50, i also felt like fadin off into thin air.. I even went to d school to make an APPEAL for a remark,
OOOhhh!! The Admission officer denied us proper audienc,even d clerks refused us frm seeing d VC.
Infact,bro i shared tears dat day,
(FUPRE is sub-standard).
Som officers told my frnds n i secretly dat d machine mal-funtioned and d fault is on d ICT center.but d people ICT wud not admitt to it because dey dont want query hangin on dem..
Mhen.. Guy I say I #CRY wen dey told me. I felt like I was paying for a crime we never commited.
After 7hrs of mental fostration n oppression, my frnd n I left pains.
In all dis I sed to maself,
''I WOULD NOT LET AN EXAM RESULT DECIDE MY FATE''

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Soclose007(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Betapapa: Rather than asking them to remark the exam, call for your script and do a thorough comparison with their supposed marking guide. That's a more practicable approach.

Secondly, petition all the relevant authorities I.e JAMB,Federal ministry of Education and the Education minister (separately),Delta state ministry of education and the delta state commissioner for education (separately),National universities commission and human rights group like JDPC, CLO, human rights watch etc. Don't relent and hold forth till you come to a logical conclusion.

Finally, link/hook up with other candidates with the same predicament and create as much awareness as you can, make all the noise you can,occupy FUPRE if possible,protest peacefully and hold out for as long as you can till your demands are met.

I wish you all the best and I'd keep us posted as events go.
thank you very much i will do exactly just as u said
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
All this has taught or rather reinforced my belief on one thing;

School is overrated, and is not a true measure of intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Soclose007: thank you very much i will do exactly just as u said
Please, if you in contact with any afflicted aspirant, tell them to drop their comments here.

It could help towards eventually getting enough attention.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Dikalee(m): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
I felt like dieing after seeing 10 out of 50 which can never be my score
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hmm. Odikwa very serious.

Tag- Mynd44, Obinoscopy et al. This thread needs to grace front page. embarassed
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by crazyawesome911(m): 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
No mod should move this thread Τ̅Ơ front page or nairaland will be sued. I'm a student of the school, and when I mean those students who Failed the post utme excercise did, they did. My school is one of the toughest schools in nigeria Τ̅Ơ study,(though with little popularity).

The school was founded in 2007, and there has never been a problem of unjust admission. Those that scored up Τ̅Ơ 20, 30 this year, are they with two heads?. Example: a boy named eze amara wrote our post utme two years ago and scored 16, he was denied admission. He wrote last year, scored 20, he was denied. He wrote this year and score 35 and he has been granted admission. In summary, He buckled up and learnt from his mistake too.

If Ɣ☺ΰ're so sure of your self, take the school Τ̅Ơ court so lecturers from different school can remark it. And if it turns out u failed?...

Mods, don't move this thread Τ̅Ơ Fp Τ̅Ơ avoid untrue rumours spreading and a school's reputation ruined.

3 Likes

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by crazyawesome911(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
You went Τ̅Ơ Facebook and shared this link, telling them Τ̅Ơ come and comment so it'll seem like its anonymous people. I pity you.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by amakufrancis(m): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
We were 5 friends that applied for university of petroleum, come see scores 8,8,10,13 and i scored 23 ova 50... Was given chemical engineering tho............

1 Like

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
crazyawesome911: You went Τ̅Ơ Facebook and shared this link, telling them Τ̅Ơ come and comment so it'll seem like its anonymous people. I pity you.
No bro,
I only took this to FB because that's where the affected people are, they aren't so much on Nairaland.
The school isn't so popular. If I don't share it there and gain supporters, this thread becomes automatically irrelevant.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Soclose007(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
crazyawesome911: You went Τ̅Ơ Facebook and shared this link, telling them Τ̅Ơ come and comment so it'll seem like its anonymous people. I pity you.
are u alright upstair?? wen did visit ur doctor last??

2 Likes

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
crazyawesome911: No mod should move this thread Τ̅Ơ front page or nairaland will be sued. I'm a student of the school, and when I mean those students who Failed the post utme excercise did, they did. My school is one of the toughest schools in nigeria Τ̅Ơ study,(though with little popularity).

The school was founded in 2007, and there has never been a problem of unjust admission. Those that scored up Τ̅Ơ 20, 30 this year, are they with two heads?. Example: a boy named eze amara wrote our post utme two years ago and scored 16, he was denied admission. He wrote last year, scored 20, he was denied. He wrote this year and score 35 and he has been granted admission. In summary, He buckled up and learnt from his mistake too.

If Ɣ☺ΰ're so sure of your self, take the school Τ̅Ơ court so lecturers from different school can remark it. And if it turns out u failed?...

Mods, don't move this thread Τ̅Ơ Fp Τ̅Ơ avoid untrue rumours spreading and a school's reputation ruined.
What nonsense are you talking?
Don't tell me you're too shallow to believe anyone would score 5/50 in such ridiculously easy exam.

Let me tell you, some people like me, are quite confident of their abilities.
I don't fail exams I read for

The reason things like this happen is because of people like you; shallow thinkers, always quick to dismiss things they have no evidence for.

I have been around quite a bit, written many exams, and I know when I am writing a hellishly difficult exam. Was this so hellishly difficult one couldn't even score averagely?

Bottom-line: Shut up about what you know not!

And lastly, shut up about reputation!
The biblical satan was once an angel

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Soclose007: are u alright upstair?? wen did visit ur doctor last??
Friend ignore that humanoid.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by otokx(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Its been proven that some if not majority of the students in private Nigerian universities were those that could not make it into the public universities on merit.

Those that go to Ghana are even worse so that you got 16% is not news.

The only thing that is a bit of kleg is the non refund of that amount charged for seeing your results.

1 Like

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by geophyscist: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
Elxandre:
why did you ask?
Elxandre maybe these is your first time of writing postume in federal establishment in nigeria.federal schools in nigeria records high student applicant and the mechanism they usually use to reduce the no is by negative marking(all question carries different mark,ranging from 2,3,4,5and even 6).i have experience such in two different federal university.so they didn't cheat you.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Soclose007(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
i am not surprise @ u cox ur monicker had already said it all.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
otokx: Its been proven that some if not majority of the students in private Nigerian universities were those that could not make it into the public universities on merit.

Those that go to Ghana are even worse so that you got 16% is not news.

The only thing that is a bit of kleg is the non refund of that amount charged for seeing your results.
LOL cheesy

I actually found your comment funny cheesy

You are so smart, you jump into conclusions without facts.
You are very smart friend. cheesy

Because I chose to study in Ghana, that means I failed JAMB. Hahaha .

Now kindly exit this thread.
I keep saying this, people like you who can't think out of a matchbox, are the reason these rulers get away with injustice.

1 Like

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
geophyscist: Elxandre maybe these is your first time of writing postume in federal establishment in nigeria.federal schools in nigeria records high student applicant and the mechanism they usually use to reduce the no is by negative marking(all question carries different mark,ranging from 2,3,4,5and even 6).i have experience such in two different federal university.so they didn't cheat you.
That is not the case here!
I mean who doesn't know when he writes an easy exam?
People who barely passed jamb, scored 70% upwards. Now tell me how people who passed jamb could manage a paltry 16% downwards.

PS: I am never a sore loser. When I know it is my fault, I quit honorably. (but this is FUPRE's wrongdoing)
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by geophyscist: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Elxandre:
That is not the case here!
I mean who doesn't know when he writes an easy exam?
People who barely passed jamb, scored 70% upwards. Now tell me how people who passed jamb could manage a paltry 16% downwards.

PS: I am never a sore loser. When I know it is my fault, I quit honorably. (but this is FUPRE's wrongdoing)
these is your first time of experiencing such,so i expected you to act like these.the first time i wrote such exam was 2011,infact after the exam i marked my self by checking the answer from reliable source and infact i failed only 5 out of 50 question(90/100) but when the result came out i got 67/100.i want you to ask yourself how come the odd score.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by crazyawesome911(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ah, I don't even know why I came here. You guys are Sore Losers. Visit this thread in 5years time (who knows if ull even be matured then, or still writing post umes) and know how stupid past precious was. Losers! Exam "Failers" !.# Unfollows thread.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
geophyscist: these is your first time of experiencing such,so i expected you to act like these.the first time i wrote such exam was 2011,infact after the exam i marked my self by checking the answer from reliable source and infact i failed only 5 out of 50 question(90/100) but when the result came out i got 67/100.i want you to ask yourself how come the odd score.
You still scored 67% not 15%.

I can also state that I couldn't do just 8 out of the 60 questions presented, so I understand what I am saying.
In fact in previous years, people hardly pass this exam well, but to tell you how easy it was, more than a few people scored ridiculously high.

Did you know someone was scored 0 (zero)

How come there were no complaints from people who failed last year and in previous years?

I understand the fact that you don't understand the situation here, but people affected clearly do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? / Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.