Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,125 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? (4494 Views)

Unclad Twerker Now In Studying For A-Levels / The Best Kept Secret In Studying In U.s.a On Scholarships, Student Visa Tips. / Why Not Consider Studying In Sweden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Ndeedee: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
I was recently asked by my University in Poland to help them source for students in Nigeria. (Real students wey wan study O). So I will use this forum to ask interested parties to indicate their interest through commenting below. If there will be at least 15-25 interested candidates then I will talk to the guys here and we will see how we can make this work.

Available courses in English

Undergraduate Programmes(6 semesters of 3 academic years...except logistics which is 7 semesters comprising 3.5 academic years)
Information Technology, Aviation Management, International Management, Finance and Accounting - NEW, Financial Management - NEW, Logistics - NEW, Physiotherapy - NEW, Hospitality Management.

Undergraduate study tuition: 1500 Euros. But payment of 2150 Euros in advance is required which will include 1,500 Euros for first semester tuition, 150 Euros for admissions and 500 Euros as excess payment which will be carried on as excess payment to second semester so you would only have to pay 1,000 Euros for the next semester of the first academic year, while the full payment of 1,500 per semester will be required for every semester from the 2nd academic yr of studies.

Graduate Programmes(4 semesters of 2 academic yrs)
Information Technology, International Management, Logistics in Transport - NEW, Hospitality Management

Graduate study tuition: 1750 Euros. But payment of 2650 Euros in advance is required which will include 1,750 Euros for first semester tuition, 150 Euros for admissions and 750 Euros as excess payment which will be carried on as excess payment to second semester so you would only have to pay 1,000 Euros for the next semester of the first academic year, while the full payment of 1,750 per semester will be required for every semester of the 2nd academic yr of studies.

The above payment does not include accommodation and living costs!(Those can be arranged by the University for you which you would have to pay for with a budget of 200 Euros per month).
The University offers internships to it's students for a minimum of 3 months.
The University also offers Scholarships to the best international students!

Please indicate your interest or post questions of concern if interested and I will try to answer them below. . . . . Let's see how many we can get by December 31st.

Some common questions that you might have are...

Q: Can I apply for scholarship?
-x All international students may come with scholarships from home or apply for scholarships within bilateral agreements which your home countries have on direct cooperation offered through Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange (www.buwiwm.edu.pl)...of which Nigeria has none.
-x Scholarships for students from European Union are offered within the framework of the Socrates/Erasmus program (www.socrates.org.pl).
----> University scholarships are available for academic excellence. If your GPA is solid, you can get scholarships in the form of a percentage off your tuition or a nominal fee paid per month for the 5 months in a semester .

Q: How much money do I need for living in Poland?
Apart from your tuition....
From my calculations this is the break down of a typical monthly expense...
Accommodation: University dormitory: 400-600pln . Shared flat: depending on how many you are..> 600pln
Transportation: 60pln for a monthly bus pass(for any connection) I normally advise friends to look for accomodation close to the school so that you can walk to school and back in less than 10-20 mins.
Feeding: Depends on your eating habits and what you like to eat. If you are the type that can cook at home which is the cheapest means of survival, then based on supermarket prices you should be comfortable with anything from 180 - 300pln per month.

NB: 1 Euro = 4.23 PLN

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by breezyben(m): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
I am interested in a graduate study program in M.sc Finance or M.sc Economics,I have a B.sc in Economics and statistics,a 2nd class lower..contabt me via my email 4nw breezyben82@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Ndeedee: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
breezyben: I am interested in a graduate study program in M.sc Finance or M.sc Economics,I have a B.sc in Economics and statistics,a 2nd class lower..contabt me via my email 4nw breezyben82@gmail.com

The University here doesn't have any program as M.Sc Economics or M.Sc Finance. But they have International Management, Logistics in Transport - NEW, Hospitality Management which are all under the Economics department.
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Empress2014(f): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2014
No scholarship opportunity?
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am interested in Phd political science
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Am interested in aviation management course
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Ndeedee: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
enatasha:
I am interested in Phd political science

Sorry I don't know of any institutions that offer that discipline.
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Ndeedee: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Empress2014:
No scholarship opportunity?

Well it depends on what we Nigerians know as scholarship... The kind of scholarship that is offered which I know of depends on your GPA. If your GPA is of a certain limit/range, you are entitled to some percentage off of your tuition or a small amount of money to help in your upkeep.(per month for the semester)
Note. The money can be like half of the cost of your accommodation expense. Which is still something I believe.
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Ndeedee: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
niyi20:
Am interested in aviation management course

Okay. Aviation Management (under Economics department). You have been added to the count.
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Icebay: 6:20am On Mar 13, 2020
Am interested in business management undergraduate
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Icebay: 6:22am On Mar 13, 2020
Am interested in business management undergraduate my number 08104098174
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Shaka230: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2020
Please I am very much interested, DM me at Emmanuelpet21@gmail.com. or phone 08122839697
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by OmaOke: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2021
Hi, please what's the name of the University? Is the offer still available?
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by Qweasdzxc: 12:02am On Sep 25, 2021
I'M interested. How can i contact you?
Re: Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? by siant: 9:54am On Sep 25, 2021
Their head no correct. We tell them say we no get schools here in our country? Shey they no get people for their country wey wan go school ni?
Awon ole, they are looking for our money. Later they go dey talk say we be poor country

Broken nation. Shior

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria...... Jonathan's story / OMG 10 Most Useless Expensive Things In The World / How To Improve The Nigerian Education System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.