Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,566 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? (742 Views)

Suleman To El-Rufai: “You Are Dead Already, Ask For Date Of Your Burial" (video) / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by chibwike(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
just wanna know
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by emmyskies(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
If we wrong Him, we have sinned against. He will definetly forgive us if we ask for His mercy and genuinely repent:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)

Mind you, you must really be sorry for the wrong you did and repent with a clean heart. Trust GOD, we cant deceive Him. He knows the heart
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by chibwike(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
emmyskies: If we wrong Him, we have sinned against. He will definetly forgive us if we ask for His mercy and genuinely repent:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)

Mind you, you must really be sorry for the wrong you did and repent with a clean heart. Trust GOD, we cant deceive Him. He knows the heart
thanks bro. God bless you

1 Like

Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by frank317: 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Its jst plain crazy... U ask the 'air' for forgiveness, u tell ur self u have been forgiven. You go and commit the same offense again, you repeat the process all over again.
Sometimes I think christian are plain mAd

1 Like

Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by emmyskies(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
chibwike: thanks bro. God bless you

All thanks be unto God LORD of hosts. God bless you too
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by emmyskies(m): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
frank317: Its jst plain crazy... U ask the 'air' for forgiveness, u tell ur self u have been forgiven. You go and commit the same offense again, you repeat the process all over again.

It seems we're mad but on the last day, you will know where our 'madness' will lead us to
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by zyzxx(m): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
frank317: Its jst plain crazy... U ask the 'air' for forgiveness, u tell ur self u have been forgiven. You go and commit the same offense again, you repeat the process all over again.
I love u frank and I knw dat d mercy of God will never leave u...

I knw u are looking for answers and wen times come God will surely review all to you..
To the question I will just answer it wit my experience.
There was a time Some people call me to work for them am a computer Engrn so I check their system and they promise to call me back. But that same week I commited sin ask for forgiveness and again repeat the sin again I struggle for about a month wit d sin but what I notice was dat everything was block for me. Even b4 I eat I will need to collect money from my junr bro.
But d week I left dat sin totally and ask for genuine repentance all d people started calling back even I knw it not a coincidence because of d excuse they give me for not calling me since and they all call same week and it goes on like dat... . If God loves u... he correct us straight so dat we won't go for and lost. some people still sin and remain bless but am telling u it very dangerous.
God bless u.

1 Like

Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by onetrack(m): 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
So let me try to understand with an example:

A man rap.es and kills a pros.titute. She did not have time to repent and she died a sinner. She goes to hell. The man is never caught by police and he lives the rest of his live normally. As death approaches, he begs for forgiveness from God in the name of Jesus. He then is pardoned and goes to heaven. Is that how it works? He is neither punished on this earth or in the afterlife, while the woman he rap.ed and murdered is in hell. Is this god's justice?
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by chibwike(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
am really confused about this..buh i know God is a merciful God
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
I believe that mercy is the most important thing. When Christ died on the cross,forgiveness became free to us. As foolish as it seems,just ask and receive it. 1 John 1:9. Gods mercy is not by works but by HIS abundant abounding grace. Sometimes,the devil tries to haunt us down with our past sins and mistakes but we should have the confidence and boldness to proclaim that we have been forgiven and Christ died in our place. Personally,I see salvation and sanctification as the greatest miracle of mankind. May the Holy Spirit give us more insight. Shalom
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by alexleo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
onetrack: So let me try to understand with an example:

A man rap.es and kills a pros.titute. She did not have time to repent and she died a sinner. She goes to hell.

People go to hell because they did not make good use of whatever time they spent on earth to repent. Not because of who killed them and when they were killed. If she made good use of her time she wouldnt have died as a prostitute. If she had repented before that action she wouldnt have died a prostitute.

The man is never caught by police and he lives the rest of his live normally. As death approaches, he begs for forgiveness from God in the name of Jesus. He then is pardoned and goes to heaven. Is that how it works? ?

You think its easy just like that? Its on very rare occasions that you see such. Same way some prostitutes will finish their business in the night, stumble on a preacher or a gospel magazine the next day and after hearing the word of God, repents not knowing that they are spending their last day on earth. Before the end of that day she dies(either by accident, bomb, whatever) and she escapes hell. Death can come through any means and at any time thats why we should always ask God to make us fit for his kingdom at all times.

He is neither punished on this earth or in the afterlife, while the woman he rap.ed and murdered is in hell. Is this god's justice?

Who told you the man is not punished? Infact most times it is even the severe punishment they are receiving in life for their evil deeds that draws them to the repentance when they see it has gotten to a stage where the hope of life beyond the next minute is out of sight for them.
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
As foolish as it may seem,that's just the plain truth. Eph 2:8 For we were saved by faith through grace not by works lest any man should boast. I guess that's why my dad calls God 'the unchangeable changer that changes times and seasons yet nothing changes Him'. Shalom
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by alexleo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
chibwike: am really confused about this..buh i know God is a merciful God

Bro there is nothing confusing there. It is a matter of choice. The mercy of God reaches to everyone. There is no man on earth that does not receive warning about his sin or evil act. It can come through a sermon in a church, through a book or magazine, through a message playing in your neighbours house or on the street on in the public transport you entered. Some warnings can just come through what is written on the body of the car in front of you while some can come directly in our hearts. if we choose to make good use of this warning thats good but when one rejects or keeps rejecting, when death comes, any choice he meets the person with then thats it.

Two thieves were at the cross with Jesus, face to face with death, one repented while the other chose not to. Even when this one that repented tried to caution him(which is also an avenue of God's warning) yet he refused to listen. CHOICE.
Re: God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? by zyzxx(m): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2014

A man rap.es and kills a pros.titute. She did not have time to repent and she died a sinner. She goes to hell. The man is never caught by police and he lives the rest of his live normally. As death approaches, he begs for forgiveness from God in the name of Jesus. He then is pardoned and goes to heaven. Is that how it works? He is neither punished on this earth or in the afterlife, while the woman he rap.ed and murdered is in hell. Is this god's justice?
dat not d justice of God. Let me start by telling d justice of God. D bible says "some people will enter heaven like Some1 wu pass tru fire" do u knw what dat means? my brother mercy prevail over judgement and it what u too av practice what u can ignore if Some1 u love do it to you, u may hold it against ordinary person.
2. U just c dat he repent. do you knw if some people as been fasting and praying for his soul not to perish?
jesus said " go and learnt what it means I desire mercy not sacrifice"

3. Wen david want to die in d bible he prayed for all his son dat God I knw dey will sin but pls if they do don't correct dem and abandon dem pls correct dem as human beign and draw dem closer back to u... And God enter covenant wit david dat no matter d sin he will forgive dem and his crown will not depart from david family. And it so till today
Solomon sined and in it last day d covenant speak and God call im back
D point his do u knw what each family as done? So God mercy is real and real I mean real.

(1) (Reply)

T.b Joshua: The Lies,the Greed And The Farce / Bible Superhero's And Their Movie Counterparts Today. / 24-yr Old Man Commits Suicide In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.