Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

15th Dec 2014 [a Horror Story] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 15th Dec 2014 [a Horror Story] (682 Views)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / Apocalypse [a Horror Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15th Dec 2014 [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello y'all i'm new here,was reading a story online here the other day and thought it best to join nairaland,i have no regrets and i dont think i will,its a really cool site,anyways,i love writing short stories most especially horror i made up this one few minutes ago and wanted to share it here,i do hope you enjoy it,hit like if you do,it'd encourage me to post more,comments are appreciated,thanks.
It was 15th December 2014.
"EXPERIMENT CODE NAME ACB562 has been reported missing,anyone who spots a giant creature should inform the emergency service immediately,DO NOT hesitate to call 911 immediately,we advice you to stay in your homes and dont panic but to be cautious,the government is dealing with this issue and it will be solved as soon as possible".
Henry hissed as he listened to the news on his radio,how could the government allow such nonsence to happen?,it was very unprofessional to allow such a thing to happen,though he didnt care much what the said giant creature looked like,he didnt mind,all he cared for was that he was safe at home with his 6 year old son..
BANG! Henry sat up dazed,his restful sleep had been cut short by a loud noise,he was sure it was the sound of knock-outs,he looked around his room,everything was pitch dark,"I wonder why people cant respect themselves,throwing bangers (a.k.a knock-outs) about the place,just because its christmas doesnt mean someone cant get some sleep,my son cant even try that,i'd kill him,if i get any of those spoiled kids,they will regret ever being born,nonsence!!",it was the kids who had been throwing knock-outs,or so he thought...
He had lay back to sleep,turning on his side to face the wall,he had only been lying for a few minutes when he heard a crunching sound,like someone was squeezing papers,he froze,after a few minutes,the sound came again,suddenly a strange smell wafted into his nose,it smelled like sulfur,he felt something move behind him,instinctively,he reached for his torch,put it on and turned around to flash it behind him,what he witnessed was the most horrific sight he had ever seen;it was gigantic,it was breath talking,it was heart stopping,it was a black widow spider,the biggest spider he had ever seen,but it was beautiful,its exoskeleton was metallic,it would prove the finest battle tank,its eight legs looked like metal stilts,its 48 knees looked like they were padded with metal plates then he looked up at the monster,its eyes were awfully strange glowing red balls,its fangs were out and dripping with liquid which he knew was poison,he finally let out an ear piercing scream,he made for the door but the monster was quick,in one swift movement it was standing between Henry and the door way,he was too scared to move,slowly,the spider's pedipalps made their way towards him,then he felt a sharp pain at his sides,he knew he was being gripped by the monster,he let out another scream,louder than the first,this seemed not to affect the spider for it didnt react quickly,then he felt his legs leave the floor as he realized that he was being raised off the floor by the beast,he couldnt see much as he had dropped his torch long ago,he could only make out the glowing light of the monster's eyes,he felt a sharp pain on his chest and immediately felt a surge of hot white light in him,he knew then that the monster had bitten him,he knew he wouldnt last long;a spider's venom was powerful enough to paralize its prey,he felt himself drop to the floor,the monster was gone,getting up from the floor,he grabbed his torch light from where it lay,then he looked around,it was then he noticed that there was a big hole in the roof,the spider had dropped from the roof and he had mistaken the noise for the sound of a banger,he staggered out of his room,he had began to feel dizzy and hopelessly tired,he made his way to the living room,pointed his torchlight to where he knew his son was sleeping,instead of the sight of a peaceful child asleep,he saw a heap of gory mess,what had been his little son was now a heap of flesh in a pool of blood,covering his kid's corpse were a dozen spiders the size of his feet,Experiment AcB562 had reproduced Dozens of evil creatures like herself!,he ran to his phone which was lying on the living room table,dialled 911 and waited for the call to go through,the call had just good through when he felt his knees getting weak,suddenly,they gave way and his whole body dropped to the floor,his legs were paralyzed!.
"Hello,this is the emergency service,how may i help you?" Henry tried to speak but no words came out of his mouth,the lady on the other end asked the question again and he could only whimper,suddenly,he lost control of his arms,at that same point,he felt his neck going stiff,he knew he was dying,he raised his eyes up and saw the monster,hovering above him,the black widow was back to feed on him,everything started going dim,the last thing he heard was the lady's voice "hello,are you there?" then everything went pitch dark..

3 Likes

Re: 15th Dec 2014 [a Horror Story] by immortalcrown(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nice fiction!

1 Like

Re: 15th Dec 2014 [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
immortalcrown: Nice fiction!

Thanks mate,i appreciate that,i noticed that there arent many/any horror/mystery stories here so i'm looking at starting that "trend",i believe that there are a few people like myself here that'd appreciate that.
Re: 15th Dec 2014 [a Horror Story] by Emmyk(m): 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Perfect descriptive words... I was imaging it as I was reading.

(1) (Reply)

My Not So Charming Prince! / My Election Day Experience / A True Life Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.