Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way (12755 Views)

Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide / Latest Pictures Of The Under Construction Lagos-badagry Express Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by 1goodman: 12:03am On Sep 23, 2014
The Federal Government is to take over
reconstruction and expansion of the Lagos-Badagry
Expressway, the Minister of Works, Mr Mike
Onolememen, said on Monday.
The minister said this in Lagos during a slide
presentation of work on the Oshodi-Apapa
Expressway by Julius Berger Plc.
The presentation took place at the company’s
office complex in Ijora.
Onolememen said that a new project design that
involved five other ECOWAS member-countries was
being undertaken.
He gave the assurance that the project would soon
be implemented.
The minister said that a regional effort would
be the best way to handle the road project.
He said that he was the Chairman of a five-
member Country Project Steering Committee on the
project.
“We will definitely get into the construction
stage; at that time, all the challenges the Lagos
State Government is having on that road will be
a thing of the past because we will construct
that road,” he said.
The minister directed Julius Berger to complete
rehabilitation of the Apapa/Oshodi Expressway in
the next eight weeks.
“Take remedial works into consideration; three
months is too far and would be chaotic,
considering the ember months; maybe, you should
look for ways to get less construction time.
“Let us see if we can terminate the emergency
works by November,” he said.
While inspecting the road, the minister said
that rigid pavement was being used to reconstruct
the road to cater for new load capacity which
was not envisaged when the road was built in the
1970s.
He said that the Federal Government decided to
take drastic measures to rehabilitate the road
due to public outcry, following perennial gridlock
on the road in June and July.
He said that the completion of a trailer park in
Lagos was important as it would accommodate
about 500 trucks and decongest the highway.
“Given the clemency of weather, Julius Berger
should be able to finish emergency repairs in
another eight weeks.
“The new design takes cognizance of heavy traffic.
“Rigid pavement would be used to fight the
menace of surface and underground water
prevalence on the road,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the
Lagos State Government embarked on expansion of
the Lagos-Badagry Road from four to 10 lanes in
April, 2009.
Construction of a light rail line and a Bus Rapid
Transit corridor is part of the project, to
enhance tourism and economic activities on this
axis.

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-take-over-expansion-of-lagos-badagry-express-way/

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by braine(m): 5:19am On Sep 23, 2014
So they'll take credit for the initiative of the hard working Lagos government abi? I hope the completion date isn't prolonged as usual.

12 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by kingzjay(m): 5:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Ok
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by gift01: 5:49am On Sep 23, 2014
If you wanna waste time pls ply Lagos-Badagry expressway anytime of the day. The morning and evening session are the worst time to enter this road. You'd just give up on Nigeria entirely. I've been 6hrs on this road before so I know what am saying

7 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by eleojo23: 5:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Hope it will be finished on time
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by gift01: 5:50am On Sep 23, 2014
braine: So they'll take credit for the initiative of the hard working Lagos government abi? I hope the completion date isn't prolonged as usual.
You obviously don't know about that route. Lagos State Government has been so slow at road construction that they've been at between Mile 2 and Agboju for over 2yrs now. People are really suffering plying that route. Traffic there is the worst in Lagos

15 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by sammieguze(m): 5:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmmmmm.... Hope for the good sha. P.s, why not just let lasg finish what he started

2 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by onyiwest: 5:50am On Sep 23, 2014
they should first get Apapa/Oshodi Expressway and Lagos/Ibadan expressway done before talking about Lagos-Badagry Road.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by Chidexter(m): 5:51am On Sep 23, 2014
good work,, but then it would lead to more traffic gridlock esp. if its not constructed/repaired in due time.

come to think of it, so Lagos state government wouldn't have considered the plight of the masses if there was no public outcry and complains
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by segzicres(m): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2014
they should just pay lagos what she's spent and finish up on time. The federal government have a reputation of light snail speed.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by mimicious(f): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2014
I pray dey carry out dat plan becos it will be of good benefits!
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by chidiebere2020(m): 5:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Good work , I will coment when I woke up
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by Johnnoo(m): 5:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Talk is cheap...seeing is believing undecided
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by ugoezeik(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2014
gej na only God go blez u

3 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 23, 2014
Wld fashola agree? Cos he treats lagos like a mini country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by free2ryhme: 5:59am On Sep 23, 2014
whatever they like dey should do after all who cares
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by drkay(m): 6:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Was it nt d road done recently by d LSG?
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by gift01: 6:03am On Sep 23, 2014
onyiwest: they should first get Apapa/Oshodi Expressway and Lagos/Ibadan expressway done before talking about Lagos-Badagry Road.
Do you mean those that reside over there are not Nigerians? Don't we pay the same Tax? If you have nothing to say, its too early for that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by Osyxcel(m): 6:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Okay na....

Shey na Lagos votes Jonathan dey target? make we dey look na. shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by gift01: 6:06am On Sep 23, 2014
Chidexter: good work,, but then it would lead to more traffic gridlock esp. if its not constructed/repaired in due time.

come to think of it, so Lagos state government wouldn't have considered the plight of the masses if there was no public outcry and complains
And what traffic gridlock are you talking about that don't exist over there? Truth is LASG has been so slow with the job

2 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by Osyxcel(m): 6:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Naofficial: Well, this sounds better, because lagos does most of its things itself.. F.G barely helps

2015 things na grin
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by bayulll01(m): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2014
Johnnoo: Talk is cheap...seeing is believing undecided
dont mind them he think those running the affair in lagos are cluellessss,before lag embark on that project he extend hand of fellowship to the fg,they promised and 6month latter they withdrew playing politics and now that the road is near completion the pathetic minister is saying pooo!let them finish the apapa road first then we will take them serious,and lag self is not helping matters,finished this road fashola and ur name will enter the book as the most gifted leaders in nigeria

7 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by rezzy: 6:16am On Sep 23, 2014
That road is frustrating
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:19am On Sep 23, 2014
at last
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by rezzy: 6:22am On Sep 23, 2014
gift01: You obviously don't lone about that route. Lagos State Government has been so slow at road construction that they've been at between Mile 2 and Agboju for over 2yrs now. People are really suffering plying that route. Traffic there is the worst in Lagos

Im not sure, these days from Oshodi to Egbeda hold up don tie wrapper too,. I spent nothing less than 4 hrs on that road. Especially if i get to oshodi at 6 o'clock, i must get home 10.
Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by gift01: 6:28am On Sep 23, 2014
rezzy:

Im not sure, these days from Oshodi to Egbeda hold up don tie wrapper too,. I spent nothing less than 4 hrs on that road. Especially if i get to oshodi at 6 o'clock, i must get home 10.
I also ply your route, that is another place esp during rush hour BUT the major cause of yours is Driver's madness coupled with Lagos factor. That of Lagos-Badagry esp from Mile 2 to Okoko is multi-faceted and includes our government. You tell us to be patient cos of road construction but your contractors are damn slow on this straight road. Just over 2km in over 2yrs is unacceptable. They have been making promises since 2012 but have not even fixed Mile 2 up till this morning. Fashola has been joking with those on that route but I won't blame him. The Federal men in Abj are always a disgrace. My point is: Let the road construction be done properly and faster

4 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by rezzy: 6:28am On Sep 23, 2014
bayulll01:
dont mind them he think those running the affair in lagos are cluellessss,before lag embark on that project he extend hand of fellowship to the fg,they promised and 6month latter they withdrew playing politics and now that the road is near completion the pathetic minister is saying pooo!let them finish the apapa road first then we will take them serious,and lag self is not helping matters,finished this road fashola and ur name will enter the book as the most gifted leaders in nigeria

If i hear?
Humm, they still have a long way to go. Abi no be badagry dem wan reach?

Infact, with d way they are moving by 2020, they wont be thru with the road

10 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by gift01: 6:40am On Sep 23, 2014
rezzy:

If i hear?
Humm, they still have a long way to go. Abi no be badagry dem wan reach?

Infact, with d way they are moving by 2020, they wont be thru with the road
Dem no fit finish that road in 2020 sef and we are not exaggerating

7 Likes

Re: FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:43am On Sep 23, 2014
God bless NIGERIA[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugliest Picture I Ever Saw / A Survey For Everyone! / Niraland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.