Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ (4108 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Army Took Over Ojo Road (video) / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by bookaddict(m): 1:41am On Sep 23, 2014
According to a high-rank Nigerian military
intelligence source, the top Boko Haram figure
and the leader of the Islamist sect’s Uye camp,
was brutally killed in a recent face-off. The
person was identified as Bashir Mohammed.
Although
Cameroonian authorities yesterday released a
photo of a dead man they tagged as ‘Abubakar
Shekau’, who was the brutal leader of the
terrorist group that keeps wreaking havoc in the
country, especially northeast zone, as well as
Cameroon, SaharaReporters discovered that
these were the Nigerian soldiers who liquidated
one of the leaders of the group on September
19, 2014, Friday. According to
them, Cameroonian troops have no connection
with this operation.

The military intelligence source also made it
known that Bashir lost his life last Friday in a
fierce battle against Boko Haram insurgents in
Konduga, Borno State . The late commander
indeed had a great resemblance with Abubakar
Shekau, who was the original leader of the
group. Bashir might have picked up the war
name of the real Abubakar Shekau. The Nigerian army had taken down Imposter
Shekau in a shootout in Konduga on
Wednesday Sept. 17.
Shekau and imposter
It is said that the now deceased was ambushed
by the military, the same strategy applied by
the sect on the army for some time now.
The first attack on Konduga by the Army
suprised the militants who numbered in their
hundreds.

The military men had wisely forced captured
members to send a message to Shekau that
they (insurgents) have routed the troops.
The captured members where promised a less
sentence if they cooperated and hence they
were convinced
The captured insurgents had explained that
Shekau normally moves in in a convoy of cars
painted in military colours while he sits in a
MOWAG Armoured tank with Boko Haram
inscription on its front.
Then Shekau was called and spoken to in
Arabic, reassuring him that Konduga is under
the sects reign, these were all done with other
captured men singing the victory song in Kanuri
language they normally sing at the background.
This fully convinced the imposter Shekau that
all is well and the message is authentic because
it came from his chief courier, he took his boys
along to Konduga, heavily armed with Anti-
Aircraft weapons, General Purpose Machine
Guns, several AK 47 rifles and other IEDS’.
As he and his members entered the town, the
where ambushed by the military and
immediately he noticed something was wrong it
was already too late.
He then ordered his men to get out of the car
and start shooting in all direction.
This was enough for the Army to start
responding with fire, and when he understood
the his guns could not overpower the Infantry
and Artillery weaponry used by the Nigerian
forces,he jumped out of the MOWAG and made
to escape.
But eagle-eyed Nigerian Soldiers spotted him
and opened fire in him, shattering his legs in
the process. It was learnt that he also received
bullet wounds in other parts of his body leading
to his bleeding to death.
Cameroonian military personnel had claimed to
have been the ones to carry out the raid, but
the Defence headquarters yesterday dismissed
the insinuation.
On their Twiiter handle, DHQ said “There was
no raid whatsoever in any part of Nigeria’s
territory in pursuit of terrorists as claimed in
some reports allegedly quoting Cameroon
military authorities”.
“All operations ongoing in the environs of
Konduga & all associated border location within
the country are completely being undertaken by
Nigerian troops
Popular Dubai based Nigerian journalist, Ahmed
Salkida has claimed that Boko Haram leaders
have told him, Abubakar Shekau is still alive
and well.
Salkida is sure that the man taken down by the
Nigerian troops, is not the real leader of the
sect.
He revealed this through his twitter handle and
also reported that the group has not negotiated
with the Army or the red cross for the freedom
of the Chibok girls who were kidnapped in in
mid-April by Boko Haram militants in Chibok,
Borno State.
The man whose dead body has been making
the rounds is said to be one Mohammed
Bashir”.
Bashir has been the person responsible for
issuing recent video messages of the group
since the death of the real Shekau in unclear
circumstances.
”Even though the military was cautious not to
claim credit for Mr. “Shekau’s” death, the
Nigerian military was buoyed by the capture of
the armored tank usually displayed in the
background of recent videos issued by the
sect’s spokesman,” the Nigerian Military
Intelligence source revealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by ibkgab001: 1:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Okk
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by autofreak2020(m): 1:59am On Sep 23, 2014
Just as fake Osama bin Laden was killed by American special force.
Bin Laden died of kidney complications long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Dreal1247: 2:11am On Sep 23, 2014
He that killeth by the sword dieth by the sword. Rest in pieces.
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by kayslimshady(m): 3:40am On Sep 23, 2014
autofreak2020: Just as fake Osama bin Laden was killed by American special force.

Look who's telling us how Osama died. Your post just proved you're indeed a sympathiser of Boko haram. The hand of the law will soon catch with everyone involved in all activities of the haramites. Naija shall rise again.

14 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by linnyx: 4:08am On Sep 23, 2014
If he is the real shekau then its annoying cos he got off too easy.

2 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by rusher14: 4:33am On Sep 23, 2014
I think the army is on the lookout for anyone with a fully grown beard (Abi na Bia Bia?).

Rick Ross and James Harden thank your stars you don't live in Maiduguri.

5 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 23, 2014
So shekau isn't really dead undecided I wonder how many shekaus boko haram has anyway, one dies,and another one shows up, and with similarity in looks angry angry
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by jaytee01(m): 5:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Whatever the true circumstances surrounding this man's death, the fact is that a huge psycological blow has been struck against these vampires by the events of the last few days!

I forsee the winding down of this insurgency soon!

2 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Abdulpro1(m): 5:24am On Sep 23, 2014
Am waiting for dis guy to release a video soon
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by boyt1: 5:40am On Sep 23, 2014
The real Shekau was long DEAD. The ARMY will continue killing all dem FAKE Shekau until they change that name TO KAUSHE

4 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Kill em All

1 Like

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by hardbody: 6:00am On Sep 23, 2014
Abdulpro1: Am waiting for dis guy to release a video soon

Datz allll. The video or i believe it
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by OneNaira6: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2014
You can actually tell that's not shekau.

I think they killed an innocent man that somewhat resembled shekau cause the dead person has a smaller nose than shekau. His bottom lip is darker than shekau those suggesting he smokes more than shekau. The guy is darker than shekau, etc.

2 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by wallbuilder(m): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Good news

1 Like

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Ekundayo7: 6:41am On Sep 23, 2014
OneNaira6: You can actually tell that's not shekau.
I think they killed an innocent man that somewhat resembled shekau cause the dead person has a smaller nose than shekau. His bottom lip is darker than shekau those suggesting he smokes more than shekau. The guy is darker than shekau, etc.

The real Shekau is dead but the "new" Shekau could quite possibly be this one in the photo. But why he would be out in full blown offensive battle? He would more likely be safe in Sambisa or some governor's mansion camp protected from harm. The bone structure does resemble the body double Shekau though, especially the nose, and his lying in the hot sun and pooling of blood and natural swelling of corpse could make the face look puffy. The beard is a little overgrown though but hopefully that is because NA has had them on the run with no time for d body double Shekaus meticulous toiletry sessions. The dark skin can also be some good hours frying in the sun and skin turning dark ash from no blood flow. I wouldn't call the one in the photo an "innocent man". My only wish is that if is the "real" fake body double, he could be captured alive, pilloried in the town market then let anyone who wishes to carve him a new face and limbs use their dullest blade. Add some salt hourly to his wounds and pizz on him for a day or two, by then he should be well marinated for a journey outside town to be left for wild animals to eat their premarinated meat. Barring that idea, he should be tortured with knife, wrapped with a fist size yam repeatedly in the yansh, then bathed in pig blood and beheaded. Display the head on a pike for all to see and bury his useless corpse in a pit with a pig head on his shoulders. What goes around comes around, and that Mo Fo's time is up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by priscaoge(f): 7:05am On Sep 23, 2014
It's now Shekua's impersonator and not Shekua himself?undecidedundecidedundecided

All these half-baked rumour mongers in this country,keep feeding Nigerians with fake gist since God knows whenundecided #Smh!
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by goldfish80(m): 7:05am On Sep 23, 2014
The dead man resembles the real fake shekau to me. The operation details in this report sounds solid to me. The silly canerounians should please release the details of their operation that lead to the death of real fake shekau.
Over to you, Yaounde.

2 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by ednut1(m): 7:10am On Sep 23, 2014
it is crystal clear dat is not shecow

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by RockMaxi: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2014
Since the caliphate's media journalist have been taken out by the NA, I doubt if we will have YouTube denouncing his death.
That alone was the real death. angry
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by clemzo101(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2014
The NA took out shekau long time ago just as we read in d papers. Dis impostor has bin posing as shekau since and now dat he's bin taken out, let's see who makes dere nxt video. Weda he's fake or real, I think he's some how important to the sect. Kudos to our gallant officers and soldiers. As for all the bh sympathizers may God punish u all and ur generations. Invaders from Futa Jalon (in Asari Dokubo's Voice)
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Jmain: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Ekundayo7:

The real Shekau is dead but the "new" Shekau could quite possibly be this one in the photo. But why he would be out in full blown offensive battle? He would more likely be safe in Sambisa or some governor's mansion camp protected from harm. The bone structure does resemble the body double Shekau though, especially the nose, and his lying in the hot sun and pooling of blood and natural swelling of corpse could make the face look puffy. The beard is a little overgrown though but hopefully that is because NA has had them on the run with no time for d body double Shekaus meticulous toiletry sessions. The dark skin can also be some good hours frying in the sun and skin turning dark ash from no blood flow. I wouldn't call the one in the photo an "innocent man". My only wish is that if is the "real" fake body double, he could be captured alive, pilloried in the town market then let anyone who wishes to carve him a new face and limbs use their dullest blade. Add some salt hourly to his wounds and pizz on him for a day or two, by then he should be well marinated for a journey outside town to be left for wild animals to eat their premarinated meat. Barring that idea, he should be tortured with knife, wrapped with a fist size yam repeatedly in the yansh, then bathed in pig blood and beheaded. Display the head on a pike for all to see and bury his useless corpse in a pit with a pig head on his shoulders. What goes around comes around, and that Mo Fo's time is up.

This dude is very mean shocked. .

. grin
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by crowntoro(f): 7:38am On Sep 23, 2014
ednut1: it is crystal clear dat is not shecow
grin@shecow
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2014
goldfish80: The dead man resembles the real fake shekau to me. The operation details in this report sounds solid to me. The silly canerounians should please release the details of their operation that lead to the death of real fake shekau.
Over to you, Yaounde.
exactly! The dead dude looks like the "fake" impostor Shekau. I am glad that the bastard son of a million fathers has been killed though I'd have preferred him to be captured alive, tied to a pole and let every Nigerian citizen flog him 5 strokes of koboko each for one week. After that, he be bathed with Salt water and thrown into a water filled with hungry crocodile.

Kudos to the Nigerian and Cameroonian military
Kudos to the C-in-C

1 Like

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by koikoi2(m): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2014
He's enjoying his 72 virgins by now using his everlasting ere*tion promised by Allah.

2 Likes

Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by djfaithy: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2014
I don't know how to say this without been called BH sympathiser but I watched the video someone posted on NL after the military took kodunga back, a lot of bodies littered the floor and I could remember the camera man specially showed the face of the man they are referring to as shekau imposter for about few seconds, please either PDP or APC, let's stop playing politics with human's life.... The man I saw in the video wasn't shekau's imposter, the man in that video had bigger head and much beards than the shekau that released a video few days to the attack, another thing I noticed about the pictures they are circulating on internet is that some little graphic work has been done to the picture of the dead man they are referring to as shekau's imposter....... The man I saw in the video is neither shekau or his imposter.
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by vayne(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2014

I think they killed an innocent ma[b][/b]n that somewhat resembled shekau cause the dead person has a smaller nose than shekau. His bottom lip is darker than shekau those suggesting he smokes more than shekau. The guy is darker than shekau, etc.
Doesn't make him innocent....am pretty sure he was killed in battle....wat was he doing there
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by GowonAbacha: 8:30am On Sep 23, 2014
autofreak2020: Just as fake Osama bin Laden was killed by American special force.
So you allow your brain to be tainted with conspiracy theories.
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by NeilOssai(m): 8:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Na so ur own take end... lipsrsealed....u can now go n rot in HELL....
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by titoetal(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2014
There is great resemblance in the two pics. The fact too that he is using APC speaks volume of his position. Also the spate of the boko fighters surrendering is a food for thought. We're waiting for boko are rams to release new video, when we must have taken the video for lab analysis, we can now confirm whether She-Cow is still on or the imposter gunned down is he. It's noteworthy also that this present She-Cow have some proven deviation in resemblance after our lab analysis, however, they may share something in common.
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by Alps(f): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2014
The NA should try and keep details of the battle of the media.....these guys have sponsors who read Some of dis stuffs.....Kudos to the Army for doing their best but they should stop all these interviews and press release.
Re: How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ by theassassin: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2014

innocent?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari / Keyamo Explodes: Between Jonathan Versus Buhari. A Must Read! / APC working against buhari in Rivers state(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.