Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC (20067 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / Glo Back To Second Largest Telecom Operator In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2014
Wetyn Concern me Persn wey dey Wit no 1 dey jealous no2 Abegi.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by lakunle1love(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2014
HMMmmm, I'll like to try this 1k for 3gig, *activate my 3G runs to phone section *
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by zemaye: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2014
soldierdollar: am I supposed to come and live in your area to enjoy better service ?
Na by force you have other network carriers now shocked use them
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by zemaye: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2014
yemstok:

I advise u ask around your hood if their signal is okay before you port to glo. Else,u wud regret it o.
This what reasonable people should do
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by ozo13(m): 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
fnep2smooth: we all get 3gb for 1k for andriod , pc and Blackberry 10 os.
isn't that enough reason to port to glo.
abeg tel us more abt d 3gig android package grin
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Gynacologist(m): 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
are u serious.....hw do i go abt tat?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2014
rman:

Until Spectranet and other operators spreads their tentacles everywhere like MTN they will continue to play catch up.

If subscriber base is judge based on cities alone, I am certain MTN will not be first in places like Lagos, Abuja and PH. Smartly they are the only network you are like going to see competing everywhere including very rural area and this is what is responsible for the massive advantage.

Did you notice how Etisalat has closed down on Airtel and GLO even when the other operator have a 7yrs head start?
uptill now we dont have mtn 3g network in gboko benue state.. And u ar claiming mtn is evry where, rada we have glo,airtel and resently etisalat 3g network here....
So mtn is not as good as u hyped it be.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by aylipple: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2014
webdezzi:

MTN has the number 1 spot.
We run a bulk sms company (https://www.magicbulk.com) and i can tell you from our combined daily report that
65-85% SMS sent out are meant for MTN numbers, on a daily basis.

I have been on the airtel network for over 11 years, they have been fantastic but the last 6 months, i completely stopped loading the line. My reasons

after subscribing to a data plan, Airtel will creatively ignore your data account and charge your naira balance.
once your naira balance is zeroed, they come back for your data.
This can be very upsetting if you have a huge naira balance mean for other purposes.
When you call them up, their customer care will most of the time hangup on you and send you a message that your issue has been successfully resolved.

With this dubious approach, i realized my monthly recharges have skyrocketed by over 400%
i just had to stop using it and i am so glad that Nigerians are able to express their grievances by leaving airtel.

I think NCC needs to ensure a standard that calls to customer care lines be made terminable by the customer.
they may also consider a standard number for account balance checks, data checks across all networks.
It is becoming complex daily processing short codes in our head.

Also account balance checks should be #124# on Glo and that should be it
after dialing that, what you see is adverts that we dont read anyways, to see your real balance, you have to dial redial 1 and wait which is bad user experience design IMHO

Congrats to GLO
To simply check account balance once, dial #124*1# and the reason in my opinion why glo displaced airtel from second spot might not be unconnected with its #1000 for 3gb BlackBerry plan.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by kashkamp: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2014
gift01: Big Boys network but still a very crappy network
wtf! big boys network?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by lomprico(m): 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
How does it work for android n pc?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by loswhite(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
tspun: i have used all networks. I still crown glo the best among all. Those saying glo has crappy network, i quess you leave in forest.

Still flexing my 3gb for just 1k. Which could be more beter?
does it work 4 iOS ?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by soldierdollar(m): 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
zemaye:
Na by force you have other network carriers now shocked use them

The ones wey worse pass glo?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by dellaziz(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Yosifperfect: *777*21#

are you sure of this code
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by HopeAlive14(m): 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Go for Glo and Glow Globally with Globacom!
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by joelreg(m): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2014

YES OOOOO, VERY GOOD OOO. I HAVE PORTED SINCE. I LIKE IT. THE CHEAPEST SO FAR.

1 Like

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by smatadex(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
we all get 3gb for 1k for andriod , pc and Blackberry 10 os.
isn't that enough reason to port to glo

Bros abeg ow u take do am?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by fnep2smooth(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
lomprico:
How does it work for android n pc?
Gynacologist: are u serious.....hw do i go abt tat?
ozo13: abeg tel us more abt d 3gig android package grin
goto phone section, you will understand it there beta
thanks
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by rman: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
stardragon:
uptill now we dont have mtn 3g network in gboko benue state.. And u ar claiming mtn is evry where, rada we have glo,airtel and resently etisalat 3g network here....
So mtn is not as good as u hyped it be.

There is a a reason they have double the subscribers other competitors have. No one is hyping them. Subscriber numbers are there for all to see.

Did NCC hype mtn by giving them 50mill+ subscribers too?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
after dashing out free sim card....pfft. Daft network
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by ojtech8291: 1:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Etisalat is the fastest but their data bundle is at high side. To me any network want to get more customers is to improve on their internet service.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by abdulaz: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2014
For those of you that haven't been able to use glo bis on Android phones, I'm happy to let you know that it is now possible to use the glo bis on htc, Motorola, Samsung s3 and all MTK devices. Just add me on bbm and whatsapp with 7c8bf103 and 08062244837 to get the settings.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by landinfo: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2014
Yosifperfect: *777*21#

Are u gutz saying that I can load glo #1,000 BIS plan and if I connect to the PC it will work perfectly just like airtel is doing?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by pass111(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
What's up with this glo android bis?? How does it work, sum1 help
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Tokotaya: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
I must confess Glo internet has improved in the last one month or so. It has been far more stable.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by bronx07: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
No bragging bUT I'm responsible for this... 3gb for 1k things... grin 08167486748.... Just Google the no.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by obosirow: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
smiley smiley
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Thewhizzkid1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
cybrninja: glo rockx on my java nokiax2-05,..to an xtent i evn tel ppl my fone has 3g..to their surprise ah shwd dm d speed while surfing wit ucweb and operamini...bt hw cme mtn is at the top?..hmm.*signs of endtym
Ogbenni clap for urself...That time u used to tell me ur phone had 3g and can open up to 16 tabs, u taught I don't know it's because of ucweb? See e head...For ur mind u don deceive many people...Nor even think say I believe u at all..3g ko Glo-ucweb g ni..
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by cybrninja(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
Ogbenni clap for urself...That time u used to tell me ur phone had 3g and can open up to 16 tabs, u taught I don't know it's because of ucweb? See e head...For ur mind u don deceive many people...Nor even think say I believe u at all..3g ko Glo-ucweb g ni..
shutup deir
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by babatee2013: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yosifperfect:
*777*21#
can this work for android

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name / Universal Modem Help / 6 Cool Camon CX Features You Should Be Using (Pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.