Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Point Of Divergence For Nigerians Home And Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Point Of Divergence For Nigerians Home And Abroad (381 Views)

Biafra:Nairalander Ipobdevil At The Point Of Death After Multiple Gun Shot-pic / Why Are Nigerians Both Home And Abroad So Unpatriotic / What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Point Of Divergence For Nigerians Home And Abroad by bilms(m): 11:06am On Sep 23, 2014
POINT OF DIVERGENCE FOR NIGERIANS HOME AND ABROAD
I once had course to work with some Nigerians abroad on a project. 5 of us lead the project, 2 based in USA, 1 based in UK, another in Netherland and myself in Nigeria. These guys are so passionate about Nigeria at first and they are read to do all it takes. After few months, they got tired. The whole thing came on my shoulder, i had to be encouraging them, but it seems their energy had been exhausted. Why? What they saw was beyond their understanding. I had severally told them what needed to be done, but they have a perfect view from abroad and thought i was just being over sensitive.

This is the problem with many people abroad....People abroad are masters in knowing everything from distance.....they sit abroad and assume... Assume and assume.... They assume this is the problem..they come up with a solution to their assumed problem.....But unknown to many, what they perceive may be one side of the problem, there might be countless others they are unaware of..But when someone here point out their limited understanding of the situation, they accuse them of not being civilized or exposed to the world.....This is why when many of them come to Nigeria to help, but get frustrated because it seems they are completely ignorant... They don't understand Nigerians anymore. Some go back abroad with negative experience and they conclude that Nigeria can't be better...They go back wounded and heart broken because of their experience. They cant understand why Nigerians act in certain ways and dont realize that peoples attitude are a direct response to certain situations....

So, i must advice that irrespective of your passion, adequate understanding of the situation on ground is the best solution...No matter how sincere,passionate or objective one claim to be, if you do not understand the real situation, your objective and sincere intention will be seen as sentiments before the public.

(1) (Reply)

Considering The World News.... This Would Be A Good Time To Spread This / UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs / Administration Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.