Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,914 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25706 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2010
June 21 Psalm 18v32

32. It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

When we look into the commandments of God, we'll see that they are broad. Fallen man cannot keep them. A graceless person cannot attain unto it. But do we need to fear or fret, no. Perfect love casts out fear. Fear and unbelief work together.
Many today do not believe that christians can live in holiness and righteousness, without spot or wrinkle. There goes unbelief. This is because people focus on the things that are seen, man and his past. Let's focus on God, for it is God that "makes my way perfect". Let's look unto Him and believe we can be perfect, even as our Father in heaven is perfect. For as He is, so are we IN THIS world, even as He is pure.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2010
Christians, we can be pure! Forget all these 'nobody holy pass'. It's not in the Bible. What is in the Bible is "Be ye holy for I am holy". Come up to your place in Jesus. Jesus that He might sanctify His people suffered . That's why He suffered, to make my way perfect. Not just for me to shed some tears when I watch the film 'Jesus of Nazareth' at easter. It is God that girds me with strength, making my way PERFECT).
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2010
June 22 Proverbs 19v27

27 Cease, my son, to hear
the instruction that causeth
to err from the words of
knowledge.

It's a wonderful privilege to hear. Faith comes by hearing and without faith, it is impossible to please God. So hearing is important.
But are we to hear all things and everything? No. Even Jesus warned by saying 'Take heed how you hear'. We need to be circumspect, and not careless or presumptous. So many believers today are presumptous and not sober or watchful enough. Thank God He's calling His sons back today!
He says 'Cease, my son to hear the instruction that causes to err'. O! in case you did not know, some INSTRUCTION can make you err.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2010
It's not every message on radio, internet or T.V that's for you. I'm suprised that christians will still continue to listen to occult programmes on radio and to obvious false teachers on television. You'll say I can never step into that church, that man is not of God! But you do listen to him and watch his programmes, and he does step into your livingroom. Cease, my son, stop it. Overcome the temptation, do something else, or watch/hear something else.
Words are powerful, they form you. Words are refer, don't allow the wrong words to bear fruit in your life and future reasoning. 'Watch it'.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2010
July 4 Proverbs 4v14

14 Do not set foot on the
path of the wicked
or walk in the way of
evil men.
NIV

The Word of God is written to the children of God. The Word is our road map. We are pilgrims here on earth, strangers. When we begin to be so sure of ourselves, presumptous, then we become no more strangers, WHICH WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!
We have a guide, a map to follow. We do not live by bread alone but by God's Word. It is God's Word that shows us the way, the path to follow. When you're on a journey, you do not walk/enter a road simply because it is tarred road or new road. You walk a road because it leads to your destination. There are many roads in this world, many paths and ways. They look harmless, they look modern, state-of-the-art, the in-thing. But they do not lead home to Heaven.
Enter not into the path of the wicked, don't even enter! Many today are cruising in the way of evil men, they are self-willed, and full of confidence in it. O we do not have to do everything that is done in the world. We're not of the world. Let's stay on the strait and narrow way that leads home. I want to go home, don't you?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
July 6 Hebrews 6v1
1. Therefore leaving the
principles of the
doctrine of Christ, let us go
on unto perfection; not
laying again the foundation
of repentance from dead
works, and of faith toward
God,

The christian life is beautiful, a joy to the world. Yet it is a life of growth. One major characteristic of life is growth. A new born baby should grow. It would bring worry and distress if a child remains a baby after years. Growth is expected. Farmers expect their plants to grow. Much more, the Lord of the harvest expects that we grow in the eternal life which He has given us as His children. Believers have the life of God, that's what it means to be born again.
O! life can be lost, Adam lost life and we can lose life. Life is precious. It doesn't stop at being born, we need to grow. Today's passage is saying GROW. Let us go on, let's move forward. Climb up to higher ground, that's the desire here. Let us go. Don't just watch pastor going, don't just observe the 'other denomination' going. Let us go. No need for rising and falling in sin again! Perfection, perfection. Let us be perfect.
How is it that a man wants to build and keeps laying the foundation. First year foundation, second year foundation, fifth year still foundation, fifteen years and he's laying again the foundation. It's absurd but that's the way many believers live their lives, laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works. But from Today, decide. Purpose in your heart.
The principles are good but the time has come, to leave the principles of the doctrine of Christ. Leave it for the new born babes, let us go on to maturity. This is the heart cry of the Lord, COMPLETENESS, PERFECTION. Do it today. Amen.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
July 7 John 7v15
And the Jews
marveled, saying, How
knoweth this man letters,
having never learned?

Have you ever thought that
self development is also
part of what is meant to be
Christlike or godly? Jesus
developed Himself as much
as He could, followers of
Jesus should do likewise. Of
course,you'll also
remember that He(Jesus)
also listened to and asked
questions from others,so its
not self dependence or
isolation or ego, its self
development. Many
Christians behave like
invalids,they want
everything to be done for
them,by God or by their
leaders(spiritual and
political) or by others in
general.
No! There should be self/
personal development.That
takes you to the top. How
does this man know letters
having never learned. Some
people blame others,the
economy,the country, the
government, their
parents,"PHCN",for their
present condition. But do
you realise that most of
the richest men in our
country are not professors
or Ph.D holders? Some are
even illiterates,but they
took their
opportunities, made the
right decisions,developed
themselves and are very
good at what they do. Do
you know that one of
America's former vice
presidents did not finish
school, the CEOs of
Microsoft and Oracle both
dropped out of
university. It's said that 20% of
America's millionaires never
set foot in college to
study. They developed
themselves.Are you
studying in school, look
around.Some of the
brilliant people around you
develop themselves.They
go the extramile,above
what is taught in class.
You have no
excuse.Develop yourself,at
least it's Christlike.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2010
July 10 1Corinthians 10v 12

12. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

There is a saying that the person who is down needs fear no fall. It is the person on top that needs to be careful. I believe that the same principle is very much set by God in spiritual things. The person in rags can afford to roll on the ground, but the person in white garments is even careful/wary of his own sweat. He's extra cautious when eating, working. He/she even takes extra note when about to sit down.
Believers have their white robe of righteousness on them. Let him that thinks he is standing take heed. Believers need to take heed, be careful, watch. the world, unbelievers can misbehave and do things anyhow, but believers need to behave well and do things decently and in order.
Let's realise that we are peculiar people. Let's live it.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2010
July 13 Ezekiel 13v3

3. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

God is eternal Judge. Here in today's passage, we see Him pronounce woe upon some set of people. Woe is sorrow, gloom, disaster. That exactly, is what awaits people who do not obey God.
It's not strange to see people declaring and prophesying today in various assemblies. It's usual to be told to 'say to your neighbour', or 'say to seven people'. Point is that the pressure is there. Both sheep and goat can be found speaking in other languages, and feeling the 'presence of God', and everyone is tempted to join in. But God does not consider such as a wise action.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2010
God says Calamity/Sorrow/Woe to the foolish prophets. See that? Foolish prophets follow their own spirit . Our own spirits are NOT to be followed, neither our heart nor our free-minds. We're to follow God, follow Jesus, follow the Holy Spirit, follow godly examples and lifestyles. Watch it. What are you following? Or worse still, are you a goat, who will naturally not follow? Have you got a mind of your own to follow, an ungodly freedom?
Foolish people have seen nothing, at least not from God. Don't let them deceive you, and don't be pressured to join them. From today, determine to be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
July 15 Psalm 15v3

3. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

Psalm 15 is a psalm of David. Recall David? A man after God's heart, the chosen one. Of all his qualified brothers, in the whole of Israel, God chose David. From his youth, prophet Samuel knew David as a man after God's heart.
David conquered Goliath, he had the spirit of God. He's so careful not to touch the Lord's anointed. If anyone was to be sure of a place with God, David ought to be. I mean, he was king of Israel. But David wasn't as frivolous as many christians today. He was not like 'oh God is good, God is of tender mercies and loving kindness, can such a God not allow you to live with Him?' You know, most of the sweet attributes we call God today, we learnt them from David. David knew God, yet he wasn't presumptuous. He had to be sure. This is a matter of eternity.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
Life is not a joke. Little wonder Jesus Himself said "Strive to enter, many will not be able". Heaven is a special place, sin cannot enter there, not to mention sinner. We're NOT all sinners.
One of the criteria for dwelling with God is in our Today's passage. It concerns people around us, whether on nl, on the internet, in the office, at home, in the church, on the road. Those ARE our neighbours. Anything that is not good, don't do it to your neighbour. Don't take up a fight with anybody. Drop the fight, dump the tension. Don't allow slander, abuse, backbiting, evil speaking. Pray against it, repent of it. Heaven is a beautiful place, you don't want to miss it because of what you do/did to someone else.
Just like David, search yourself today, examine yourself, are you in line? Are you qualified? What's your C.V like? Update it with these requirements. God help you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2010
July 17 Psalm 17v3
3. Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Oh for a person after God's heart like the psalmist was. He could confidently say, "God, you've tried my heart, and visited me even suddenly, you've tried me, AND WILL FIND NOTHING". What confidence! By the way, it was a confidence laid/founded on God, not a self-righteous stance. If you'll read further, he says "hold up my goings in your paths that my footsteps may not slip".
Above is the teamwork God loves. Here is true fellowship. God doesn't just want only you talking. He's not satisfied either by only Him talking. He seeks a communion. He wants to play His part AND for you to play yours. Many people are too 'humble ' to play their part.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2010
They say "No, I have no right, no part that i play will be acceptable to God, I'm filthy and useless, God will do it all". But not a man truly after God's heart. "I am purposed that my mouth will not transgress ". There goes personal discipline and diligence. It is what made Job say "My righteousness I hold fast". It was what prompted Daniel and his friends to purpose in their hearts not to defile themselves. It is what helped Paul to put his body under, by himself. You've got your part to play.
Surely, God gives us our robes of righteousness, and only Him can wash it white, we can't. But we do have our parts to play by not walking in the gutter, being careful that we don't sit on dust, or using our robes as duster, or using it to carry palm-oil kegs. We can purpose not to transgress with our mouths or any parts of our body. May God give us grace and understanding.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
July 22 Proverbs 22v9

9. He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

An average human is full of self, selfish. He thinks majorly about himself and for himself. It is an attribute of the godly to be selfless, thinking less about self. Notice 'thinking less' about self, not 'thinking nothing' about self. Learn to think less about self, and more about others. This is a sure path to blessing.
The person with a bountiful eye shall be blessed. You need to develop a giving eye, a giving vision. Give of yours to others. Help those who are needy around you. Give them bread, give them food, give them clothes, money, pour out, be open-handed. These are the marks for true blessing/blessedness.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2010
God says Abraham was blessed in all things. He was a true giver, talk of a bountiful eye. He was ready to give to God, to the king abimelech, to the priest melchizedek, to Lot, to angels, to his family, to his community, and to the world. Little wonder he was the Friend of God.
When are you going to give? Give of your best to God, quite important. We've seen religionists who do give to the poor and to others, even unrighteous men who are magnanimous, but then they neglect to give the best to God. To give their life, their strength, motive, desire, will, emotion, money, intellect and skill to God.
True giving is that, He that gives to the poor gives to God. Be complete in your giving. And God promises, a bountiful EYE shall be blessed. So, expect the whopping super-abundance. I dare say, bumper is coming your way. Give it out of a pure heart.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
July 23 Luke 23v39

39. And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

These days, we come across different types of people. Different believers, different unbelievers, different saints, different sinners. There were two thieves crucified with Jesus, one on the right hand side and the other on the left hand side of Jesus. Two thieves, same conditions, same opportunities, different decisions, different destinies.
Here was Jesus Christ on the cross busy saving the world, and someone next to Him is asking rheotorically "If you're Christ, save yourself and us". So close to salvation so fresh and full, and he missed it. Are you missing it today? It seems almost so easy, 'unbelievable', you're so close to the gospel, you're privileged with resources and material, people and powers. It's like, you've seen it all!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2010
He was right there at calvary, he knew the exact time when Jesus died, he saw his fellow thief receive the promise of paradise, he saw the darkness and the crying. Maybe you've seen God's power, maybe you have God's men 'at your fingertips'. Have you gotten God's salvation? You'll presume that someone who was hanged and about to die should be sober, but he railed on Jesus. There are some today like this malefactor. They hate Jesus and anything about Him. For no just cause, they rail on Him and damn the consequences. Today, we can change. We can call Him Lord.
Do we truly know any other Christ? There is no risk in believing Jesus to be the Christ, even today.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2010
July 24 Acts 24v24,25

24. And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ. 25. And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

Governor Felix seemed a good man. He was referred to as the most excellent governor Felix. Some of his men even considered him a just judge. He was even called most noble, and doing VERY WORTHY deeds. He was acceptable it seemed, He even had one wife. And she was a jew(Jewess). He seemed to have a relationship with the God of covenant, and good thing, he sent for Paul and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.
Is this not a very good 'testimonial'? How many people are this impressive? But all our righteousness are as filthy rags before God. He did not have Jesus, the one thing that is needful . Fair enough, he called Paul, and heard about the faith in Christ. But he did not have Christ.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:46am On Jul 24, 2010
As Paul reasoned of righteousness, self-control and God's coming judgement, Felix found himself wanting. His conscience pricked him, he weighed himself inadequate and unprepared. All good/okay so far. But his response let him down!
He postponed, he procrastinated. How true, procrastination is a thief of time. In this case, it not only stole time, it stole life, eternal life from Felix. Nothing will steal eternal life from you in Jesus' name. Lay hold on eternal life. Felix looked for a convenient season. I don't think a convenient season ever came. He was privileged to hear evangelist Paul, undiluted word of God exemplified. He did not take his chance. Please take your chance today.
Now. For now is the accepted time. Another season/time may be rejected. It may not come again. Only believe. All things are possible. You can be truly and fully saved now. It's in you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2010
July 25 1Chronicles 25v7

7. So the number of them, with their brethren that were instructed in the songs of the Lord, even all that were cunning, was two hundred fourscore and eight.

Music is the easiest and most common expression of worship. Music is what the angels do. In other words, music is angelic. For those who have truly given their lives to God, their music should also be given to God. A song writer puts it this way 'Take my lips and let me sing, always only for my King'. Now that is giving. That's real commitment.
When you say you've committed your life to Christ, it's more than a laissez-faire profession. It's a sacrificial confession. This is tantamount to reasonable service. Music sent to God is a determination. A choice to rejoice. It's more than feeling like, or being in the mood, it's more than when such instrument is available, or this style of music is filling the air. It is above talents, cunning or skill.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2010
Music to God involves instruction in the songs of the Lord, being specially trained. Listen again, we all need instruction, special training, transformation, not conformation to the world, in the songs we sing.
The songs of the Lord, they are not any and every song, the songs of the Lord. The songs of the Lord are spiritual, the songs of the Lord are with grace, the songs of the Lord promote/provoke righteousness, NOT licentiousness/lasciviousness.
You need to begin this training, this re-instruction, this transformation, this renewing. If you will sing forever in Heaven, you want to get used to it here on earth. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Have you?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2010
July 28 Acts 28v5

5. And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

We live in an age of distress, violence and calamity. Actually, that's the bulk of news. Those are the headline catchers. Deaths and earthquakes and storms and plagues. Stealings and epidemics, insecurity and poverty, these are what surround us. They've become normal.
How many people are touched or shocked to hear about 20 people involved in a motor accident, or 300 victims of a fire incident. How many shed a tear over the thousands that die because of a natural disaster in far away Wxyz. Yet in all these, God's protection is still available for us.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2010
You see, here was Paul, face to face with natural disasterS, not a fault of his. He just survived a storm, and he was trying to make some comfort in the cold, and here comes this beast and fastened to his hand. But he shook it off. And you can shake it off.
The trial, the discouragement, the bad news, the evil report, the danger before you and yours. You can shake it off by faith. You know what, Paul could have just fallen dead suddenly and gone to heavenly glory, but he stood, and shook it off. You will shake it off. Don't give up, don't feel any harm. Help is coming your way. Protection from on high. God honours faith. He will deliver you. Only believe.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2010
July 30 Genesis 29v20

20. And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.

Love is strong. Our love for God should be stronger than any love we might have experienced or plan to experience. We are the bride of Christ, waiting for His coming. Our true wait makes the pilgrimage on earth to look shorter and bearable. When christians are tired, it's usually because they are loosing focus.
Our focus should be on love, our love for the Bridegroom. Not really on service. Our service here on earth can be made to seem but a few days if we truly focus on love. When we begin to focus on man, or on reward, or on ourselves, or on anything else, our journey tends towards a long, very narrow, forlorn experience.
Words may not fully express love, many waters cannot quench it. Our heart pants indicate it. Do you love Jesus? Upgrade your love today, service would be more pleasant.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by mabell: 7:28am On Aug 01, 2010
Live For The Gospel

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city. And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them (Acts 18:9-11).

The most precious and influential people in the sight of God are soul winners. As a soul winner, the Lord is your defence; He divinely protects you against evil and shields you from the attacks of the enemy. See how in our opening scripture He bolstered the Apostle Paul’s confidence and urged him not to let anyone or anything intimidate him into refusing to preach the gospel. He gave him the assurance that nothing and no one could hurt or harm him as he went about fulfilling his call to take the gospel to the Gentiles.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2010
I knelt to pray but not for long
I had too much to do
Must hurry off and get to work
For bills would soon be due
And as I said a hurried prayer
Jumped up from off my knee
My spiritual duty now was done
My soul could be at ease
All through the day, I had NO TIME
To speak a word of cheer
NO TIME to speak of the Lord to a friend
They'd laugh at me I feared
NO TIME-NO TIME too much to do
That was my constant cry
NO TIME to give those in need
At last it was time to die
And when before the Lord I came
I stood with downcast eyes
Within His hand He held a book
It was the BOOK OF LIFE
He looked in the BOOK and said
Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down
But never found the TIME
Today is the day/time of decision and purpose
CULLED FROM ehnnnn, A WALLPAPER
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2010
AUGUST 1 2Peter 1v5

5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge

Great new month we're in. What favour God has bestowed on us, giving us the privilege to be alive and well. And if you are not well, then alive and to be well. For this sickness is not unto death but to God's glory in your life. Thank God.
What's in it for us this month? God is telling us that we need to be more active, forget the past passivity. This time, beside this, giving all diligence. All diligence. You must make sure of this one. Enough of your looking at fate and destiny and head. Beside this, giving all diligence. Let there be effort. Until effort becomes assiduity. This has been since the days of John the baptist. Do not let up or give in. Take your stand and add to your faith.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
Don't stay, ever complaining about little faith or no faith. Add to your faith. Give it all the diligence you've got. Make it a must. Add to your faith. From this week and month, o get tired of mediocrity.
Don't just smile at the great and precious promises given you. Take it. Give all diligence. The devil is not smiling. Resist the devil and add to your faith. The kingdom of heaven is here. You CAN change the writing that is against you. This month. Get up and add to your faith. Your christian experience MUST change. Give it all diligence, all priority and assiduity. Add to your faith now.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2010
August 2 Acts 2v 25-29

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

A lot has been assumed of the disciples of Jesus Christ, being unlearned men. Some have just shrugged them aside as illiterater, a bunch of fishermen. But the Word and Life and Spirit of God is not constrained to education or intellect or age or IQ. The gospel is for all . It is 'the gospel to every creature', all nations. We do not look down on the writers of God's Word or belittle their perspective.
Here in Today's passage, we see Peter showing that he was a student of the Bible. He quoted from what we call Psalm 16v8-11 today. If we are going to be true disciples of Jesus, followers of Christ, we must be students of the Bible.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
It's unfortunate that unbelievers, agnostics, atheists, musl.ims and others are making more efforts to study the Word than many believers today. We may fault some of their motives and perspectives but we cannot question their deed. And as believers, we must rise like the disciples and say 'It is not reasonable that we should leave the Word of God'. Let us learn, study, memorize and imbibe the Word of God. Let's live up to it.
Few things to notice from Today's passage. One, the disciples did not neglect the old testament or consider it surplus, useless, or for a different religion. Two, the disciples were not over punctilious when quoting or reading the Word. Some believers today will almost kill themselves over how the kjv is corrupt, not original, and how some versions are errored and politically influenced, and all sort of word jangling and vain strivings. On the other hand, some are too carefree careless. We are enjoined to be watchful and moderate, making sure that no significant truth is eroded in translation. Three, the disciples could freely speak about the old testament books and saints. We should not alienate ourselves from any of God's Word for every Word of God is pure and inspired.
Many lessons are gleaned but most importantly, have you started your study? Give all diligence, be a student of the Word.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:35am On Aug 05, 2010
August 5 Matthew 3v8

8. Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.

Barreness, infertility, sterility, futility, aimlessness, vapidity, fruitlessness, these are not friendly or desirable descriptions. Who does not like good things? Not many. Who does not have good things? Not many too.
God is telling us today to have good things. Be fruitful. It has always being God's desire that His creatures be fruitful. It is against His will that we are unfruitful. But for His will to be done in your life, you need to bring fruits.
Focusing on fruits of repentance, fruits meet (suitable, appropriate) for repentance. Repentance is more than a raising of hand, or a coming/running to the pulpit area, or a pen down of names on church cards. Repentance is more than turning a new leaf, or making up your mind, or joining the workforce in the fellowship/church.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.