Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair (1165 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Arrested After Shooting Indiscriminately In Damaturu / 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom / Driver & Soldier Arrested On 3rd Mainland Bridge Driving Against Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by jmoore(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2014

WARRI – The Nigerian Army, 3 Battalion Effurun, Delta State yesterday arrested an overzealous soldier on guard at the Alegbor Check point for violently cutting the hair of General Overseer and Founder, Tower of Faith Ministries, Rev. Felix Omas.

The humiliation of the clergy, Vanguard gathered, infuriated the 3 Battalion’s command who promptly arrested and detained the soldier with promise to charge him for improper conduct.

Narrating his ordeal almost in tears at the Warri NUJ Secretariat, the molested victim, Rev Omas said, “I was driving in my SUV but due to the traffic situation, I boarded a tricycle. The soldiers stopped our Keke as we were coming from Alegbor, forcibly seated me on the ground as one of them pulled a scissors and stroke three ugly cuts on my hair, saying my hair style violates their rules.”

Omas who was heading to Warri with one of his colleagues when encountered the humiliation from the army said he succumbed to the public disgrace as the soldiers threatened to shoot him with a gun.

A top military official at the 3 Battalion who pleaded anonymity abhorred the conducted of the alleged offender, confirming that he has been arrested and facing pretrial while the Sergeant believed to have ordered the molestation of the Reverend would also be summoned for questioning.

“What he did was wrong; He said that the community asked them to cut hair of youths with weird styles, so that was why he did it. We never sent soldiers to cut people’s hair. We sent them for security of lives. The Pastor is an elderly person, he will face military discipline.”

Reacting to the development, National Coordinator, Centre for the Vulnerable and the Under Privileged, CENTREP, Oghenejabor Ikimi described soldiers act as “Inhuman and degrading treatment under Section 34 (1) of the I999 Constitution as amended.

“I will take the Army to court to enforce the Pastor’s human rights. This will serve as deterrent to other gun trotting uniform personnel who sees civilians as non humans. No security can be done without consideration for human rights.”

Ikimi, a lawyer promised to offer free legal aid to Omas and other victims of military brutality.

Source> http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/army-arrest-soldier-cutting-pastors-hair/

1 Like

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by Firefire(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Wicked Soldier grin

Only in my country Nigeria. sad

1 Like

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
This soldier should be sent 2d north; to go cut; shekau's beards n hairb!! Very necessary...

11 Likes

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by zizazizu: 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hehehehehe....soldier wanted to see if the anointing was in the hair, just like Samson....badt guy!

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by DickDastardly(m): 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
He should be dismissed so he can go into barbing business fulltime cool

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by lonelydora: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Had it been the reverse was the case in the North, it would have led to religious crisis. They will start killing Christians and burn churches.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by etenyong(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Maybe d soldier just discovered his talent and profession, very soon he wil set up a barbing salon so dat he can do full time barbing.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by dhardline(m): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Only in Nigeria.mr soldier the barber.
Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by lilprinze: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Nigerian soldiers maltreating civilians since 1960, he should be deployed to sambisa forest or brono state let him go and cut BH hair cut.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by tsolz200: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
DickDastardly: He should be dismissed so he can go into barbing business fulltime cool
cheesy
Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by johnmartus(m): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
ah(laughing) so funny
Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
the zoo.
your fatherland.
Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by jmoore(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Soldier anumpam!!
Re: Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair by cutiepie01(f): 7:53am On Sep 25, 2014
These soldiers should know that their proof of power is more needed at war,not to oppress bloody civilians.Sambisa Forest is there...

(1) (Reply)

We Are Coming – Boko Haram ‘writes Warning Letter’ To Abuja Barracks / Boko Haram: Russia To Supply Nigeria Arms / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Under Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.