Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS (16805 Views)

Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria Hits 23.9% - NBS / 33 Million Nigerians Are Jobless - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Orikinla(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Honesty is not the best policy in Nigeria, because majority of Nigerians prefer half-truths and outright lies to dictate their lifestyles. They are allergic to truth.
They prefer to live in denial of their own sins and wickedness and often connive and plot against those who are not afraid to speak and publish the facts on the realities in the most populous country in Africa..
The ruling class only use the poor masses as mere pawns for their political schemes and scams.
They sponsor their sycophants and goons and deprive the honest citizens of regular income since they control the political economy of the country. That is why you see criminals and murderers are now government contractors with contracts worth millions of dollars so that they can have surplus money and power to continue their crimes and evils. Then once they contribute and donate large sums of money and expensive gifts to the pastors and bishops of the churches, they are blessed to continue their sins and crimes ad infinitum. Once you criticize them, their fake and hypocritical pastors and bishops are quick to defend them with quotes from the Holy Bible they misinterpret to deceive and mislead the ignorant masses.
"Judge not and you will not be judged!"
"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God!"
"Let anyone who has no sin cast the first stone!"
"Judgement belongs to God!"
With all these quotes, they misinterpret and use out of context they have fooled the ignorant masses of Nigeria for decades to demobilize them and turn them into the pawns and zombies of their paymasters in the corridors of power.
They spend billions on building gigantic and magnificent churches while there are still many poor members among their congregants left homeless and impoverished on the streets and in uncompleted buildings.
They misappropriate the allocations meant for public schools and hospitals and spend them on building their own private schools and private universities and private hospitals where the poor massed they have cheated, deprived, exploited and robbed cannot afford the exorbitant school fees and medical bills.
They think their reign of impunity has no end.

Nigeria is a land of great opportunities and great possibilities. But the corrupt and incompetent politicians ruling Nigeria would prefer the majority of the masses to give up their ambitions and become mere pawns in their political power struggle.
The sooner the youths refuse to be used and dumped by these political contractors, the better they would be able to excel and unite and achieve the goals of their own dreams in the nation building of a New Nigeria.

We are bigger than any political party.
Our destinies are not in the hands of these evil and wicked politicians and their contractors from the Niger Delta to Abuja.
Our destines are in our own hands to build a New Nigeria for our common good.

There are over 127 million Nigerians with mobile phones and tablets and these tools are enough for us for mass communication; for the social community mobilization and sensitization of the masses for socioeconomic and sociopolitical empowerment of the majority to put an end to the manipulation and exploitation of the masses by the evil and wicked ruling class from the Niger Delta to Abuja.
We must put an end to the divide and rule tactics of the political oligarchy of the ruling class.

The cartelization of political leadership formed the political mafia in power in Nigeria and the members are only contesting and fighting over power to control the political economy of Nigeria and they don't give a damn about the majority of voters they cheat and maltreat in their greed for power. They are fighting over their monopoly of oil blocs and mega contracts and not for security and welfare of Nigerians.

For more details of the realities in Nigeria, read In the House of Dogs.

Power must change hands in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Truckpusher(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Government does not create jobs, that's the word you should spread to your generation. You want resources start by asking your father what resources he has. Government has no resources.
But govt has an obligation to create an environment that would enhance job creation by the people themselves or individuals.Who would want to build a multimillion Naira or dollar industry in a country that war and chaos smells allover it?

I've always supported your arguments most times but on this ,it's a shame my brother......let us tell ourselves the truth sometimes for God's sake.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by franconian: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
When I C figures like this, I go dey wonder like Stevie Wonder!
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Some of you are just too slow, you really think, this about the president? God, what a miserable band of people. You have no job because Goodluck is the president bah? Or your father failed you in life and now your cannot pay your own rent. Which is correct?
How did we get here? Nobody ever said GEJ is responsible for job creation. You stated in you first post that unemployed Nigerians are lazy and stupid that's why they're jobless. That is what I attacked you for and you further stated that Job Creation is not concerned with the government. Please Mr. Man don't turn this around after realizing you've been replying in a slow way all this while.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Truckpusher: But govt has an obligation to create an environment that would enhance job creation by the people themselves or individuals.Who would want to build a multimillion Naira or dollar industry in a country that war and chaos smells allover it?

I've support your arguments most times but on this ,it's a shame my brother......let us tell ourselves the truth sometimes for God's sake.
My brother thank you for telling this our other brother that his statements were really shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Government owe you nothing, start from that point. The only human being on earth with responsibility over your life was and is that person whose name you bear.
Jump into the gallows. That's where your type belong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by atlwireles: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Truckpusher: [b]But govt has an obligation to create an environment that would enhance job creatio[/b]n by the people themselves or individuals.Who would want to build a multimillion Naira or dollar industry in a country that war and chaos smells allover it?

I've support your arguments most times but on this ,it's a shame my brother......let us tell ourselves the truth sometimes for God's sake.

Government's job is to create the environment. I agree 100%, now the question is , has government in the last 15 years done worse than the previous 39 years, in creating an environment, where you and I can explore our God given abilities.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by atlwireles: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Jump into the gallows. That's where your type belong.

Sorry, I don't have a feeding bottle for you.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Truckpusher(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Orikinla:
Honesty is not the best policy in Nigeria, because majority of Nigerians prefer half-truths and outright lies to dictate their lifestyles. They are allergic to truth.
They prefer to live in denial of their own sins and wickedness and often connive and plot against those who are not afraid to speak and publish the facts on the realities in the most populous country in Africa..
The ruling class only use the poor masses as mere pawns for their political schemes and scams.
They sponsor their sycophants and goons and deprive the honest citizens of regular income since they control the political economy of the country. That is why you see criminals and murderers are now government contractors with contracts worth millions of dollars so that they can have surplus money and power to continue their crimes and evils. Then once they contribute and donate large sums of money and expensive gifts to the pastors and bishops of the churches, they are blessed to continue their sins and crimes ad infinitum. Once you criticize them, their fake and hypocritical pastors and bishops are quick to defend them with quotes from the Holy Bible they misinterpret to deceive and mislead the ignorant masses.
"Judge not and you will not be judged!"
"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God!"
"Let anyone who has no sin cast the first stone!"
"Judgement belongs to God!"
With all these quotes, they misinterpret and use out of context they have fooled the ignorant masses of Nigeria for decades to demobilize them and turn them into the pawns and zombies of their paymasters in the corridors of power.
They spend billions on building gigantic and magnificent churches while there are still many poor members among their congregants left homeless and impoverished on the streets and in uncompleted buildings.
They misappropriate the allocations meant for public schools and hospitals and spend them on building their own private schools and private universities and private hospitals where the poor massed they have cheated, deprived, exploited and robbed cannot afford the exorbitant school fees and medical bills.
They think their reign of impunity has no end.

Nigeria is a land of great opportunities and great possibilities. But the corrupt and incompetent politicians ruling Nigeria would prefer the majority of the masses to give up their ambitions and become mere pawns in their political power struggle.
The sooner the youths refuse to be used and dumped by these political contractors, the better they would be able to excel and unite and achieve the goals of their own dreams in the nation building of a New Nigeria.

We are bigger than any political party.
Our destinies are not in the hands of these evil and wicked politicians and their contractors from the Niger Delta to Abuja.
Our destines are in our own hands to build a New Nigeria for our common good.

There are over 127 million Nigerians with mobile phones and tablets and these tools are enough for us for mass communication; for the social community mobilization and sensitization of the masses for socioeconomic and sociopolitical empowerment of the majority to put an end to the manipulation and exploitation of the masses by the evil and wicked ruling class from the Niger Delta to Abuja.
We must put an end to the divide and rule tactics of the political oligarchy of the ruling class.

The cartelization of political leadership formed the political mafia in power in Nigeria and the members are only contesting and fighting over power to control the political economy of Nigeria and they don't give a damn about the majority of voters they cheat and maltreat in their greed for power. They are fighting over their monopoly of oil blocs and mega contracts and not for security and welfare of Nigerians.

For more details of the realities in Nigeria, read In the House of Dogs.

Power must change hands in Nigeria.
You've written well but to single handedly point out the Niger Delta politicians as the sole aim of your wacko country is illogical,stewpid and a blatant lie from the pit of hell.
You're just simple sectionalist with a biro and paper.
The Niger Delta people have contributed more than what they get from this dubious arrangement called 'One Nigeria'......Until we say the truth without tainting it we all will continue to be lead by common criminals from different region of this country.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Government's job is to create the environment. I agree 100%, now the question is , has government in the last 15 years done worse than the previous 39 years, in creating an environment, where you and I can explore our God given abilities.
We are now comparing the previous governments of the 19th Century to the current one? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by atlwireles: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayukdaboss:
We are now comparing the previous governments of the 19th Century to the current one? Smh
You can try the 17th century, if that brings joy to you.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Truckpusher(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

I understand there are challenges for these guys but they never get challenges in doing the wrong thing all the time .Why can't they take it upon themselves to do just one thing that'll change the lives of Nigerians at least for once ? Even if it'd kill them,what has happened to the spirit of patriotism?

Honestly, everyday I loose hope on this country but God help me because people are suffering ,just put yourself in their shoes and feel their pains for once maybe just then you'll understand me better.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Millions are unemployed in this country, because of laziness and stupidityy, that is a fact in Nigeria. Blaming government all you want. will not change it.
Of course it won't change it. Why?
Because when we throw the blame and criticism at the government for their incompetence, there's still a community of sycophants like yourself encouraging the government to go on with their recklessness of tackling national issues simply because they're feeding on crumbs and licking the asses of the government.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Truckpusher: I understand there are challenges for these guys but they never get challenges in doing the wrong thing all the time .Why can't they take it upon themselves to do just one thing that'll change the lives of Nigerians at least for once ? Even if it'd kill them,what has happened to the spirit of patriotism?

Honestly, everyday I loose hope on this country but God help me because people are suffering ,just put yourself in their shoes and feel their pains for once maybe just then you'll understand me better.
My brother people like this don't put themselves in anybody's shoes. As long as they're illegally feeding on the crumbs of the government they close their eyes and are ignorant to everything.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ransomed: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
happydays1: yes! I believe the statistics. if u dont, then answer me are u unemployed? den confirm to me i'll assist u. many nigerian are getting job since gej govt. i'm a bix person, but can still help any NLer wit a job, let all vote gej come 2015.
::-- Thank you very much. He increased pump price and used soldiers to silence us. He dines and wines with subsidy cabals and are his close party men and associates. He gives state pardon to convicted criminals,while soldiers that are defending us are to die by firing squard for protesting against one corrupt burukutu drinking general that is a saboteur, he encourages corruption by saying stealing of public fund is not corruption. He governs by committee, he is not proactive, too slow, very inept in administration. His budget has never performed upto 70%, his wife is the one ruling. He is power drunk. He looks gentle but wicked. He can sacrifice thousands of souls to achieve his political goal. NEVER SHALL WE VOTE FOR HIM. We are tired of numerous deciet.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by synergycom19: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayukdaboss:
How did we get here? Nobody ever said GEJ is responsible for job creation. You stated in you first post that unemployed Nigerians are lazy and stupid that's why they're jobless. That is what I attacked you for and you further stated that Job Creation is not concerned with the government. Please Mr. Man don't turn this around after realizing you've been replying in a slow way all this while.
One of the main responsibility of Government is JOD CREATION , in Nigeria peope expect the Government to do nothing, then why did we need a government if we can
1, Provide our own security
2, our own electricity
3, Own water
4, our own road
5, our own employment
Why did employment numbers affects the Government in developed countries?why did unemployment numbers influence the elections?
GEJ ADMINISTRATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDED EMPLOYMENT IN Nigeria, weather by policy, programs, regulations, social programs etc

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by atlwireles: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Of course it won't change it. Why?
Because when we throw the blame and criticism at the government for their incompetence, there's still a community of sycophants like yourself encouraging the government to go on with their recklessness of tackling national issues simply because they're feeding on crumbs and licking the asses of the government.

You still don't get it. Reading through your comment, one sees the quintessential Nigerian. Always blaming, constantly finding faults in others. Never ones, turning that searchlight on himself.

“Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property.

When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost come in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.” Milton Friedman.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by SONIK11: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
This one na lie
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Orikinla(m): 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Nigeria microfinance: USD 5 million line of credit to benefit 1,500 entrepreneurs and create 2,500 new jobs

The Board of Governors of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) through its private sector window approved on September 18, 2014 a USD 5 million line of credit (LOC) equivalent in Naira (NGN) to AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria.

AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria (ABN) is a microfinance institution (MFI) which started in 2008 in Nigeria's Lagos state and offers a broad range of financial services to largely micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). Thanks to a good build-up of its banking activities, it currently has 14 branches and has obtained a license to operate as national MFI, being able to operate across the country. At the end of 2013 AB Microfinance Bank had a loan portfolio of well over 30,000 clients and which is growing further rapidly. An increasingly important number of these consist of SME clients, mostly micro-businesses that ‘migrated' thanks to business growth to become small enterprises. - See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2014/09/nigeria-microfinance-usd-5-million-line.html#sthash.hJANHsVt.dpuf
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
atlwireles:

You still don't get it. Reading through your comment, one sees the quintessential Nigerian. Always blaming, constantly finding faults in others. Never ones, turning that searchlight on himself.

“Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property.

When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost come in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.” Milton Friedman.

Oh..so after graduating from school we're all supposed to start business and SMEs when jobs aren't available? We shouldn't crticize the government's incompetence?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by atlwireles: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Truckpusher: I understand there are challenges for these guys but they never get challenges in doing the wrong thing all the time .Why can't they take it upon themselves to do just one thing that'll change the lives of Nigerians at least for once ? Even if it'd kill them,what has happened to the spirit of patriotism?

People will stop suffering when they decide to take their lives in their hands. Government is trying to create that environment for me and you to operate, but government cannot become, the be all for everybody. I understand where poverty takes you in life, but for Christ sake, why should a Nigerian from any part of this country see themselves as hopelessly poor? why.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by atlwireles: 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Oh..so after graduating from school we're all supposed to start business and SMEs when jobs aren't available? We shouldn't crticize the government's incompetence?

Did the government send you to school? Maybe the person that sent you to school should also provide a job for you. The primary school pupil is waiting for government, the secondary pupil is waiting for government, the university student is waiting for government, the army is waiting for government, the Okada rider and drivers are waiting for government, the SUV owners are waiting for government, the cattle owner is waiting for government, the cocoa farmer is waiting for government, NUPENG is waiting for government, the retired Nigerian airways worker is waiting for government, and the list goes on and on and on.. Who is this government?
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by san316(m): 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
They knew Nigerians may not read, hence the misleading headline. Some may just read the headline and accept that indeed progress was made. However, unknown to them, nairaland has the largest percentage of jobless youth, hence, the lie will not hold water. The headline isn't even believable talkless of the body.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Yemi kale and his statistical lies again.
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by destante(f): 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lol I always wish these stats reeled out at intervals have a realistic implications. No trickle down effect to the man on the streets.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by hardebounty(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
bigheart2013: Story! A nation of lies and tales by moonlight!

I wrote in another thread that I have learned not to pity people in Nigeria when they go through problems. they are mostly petty-minded and apologetic to evil. It's a shame that a nation that has the largest population professing righteousness the worst unemployment, sins, crime, heartlessness, curses, evil, fraud happen in the nation. You cannot do business with anyone there and have peace of mind. Obviously there's no sign that God is near Nigeria. Just self-deceiving religious bigots! Who cares what they think and how they feel about the truth? The entire world already know who we are. Do we think that investors will over-look these negative portraits and invest in Nigeria? Without investor-confidence attracting a sustained growth in the manufacturing sector how will there be employment? Let the Govt keep hiring policemen, immigration officers and security agents to check crime they created, and road-sweepers and call it employment. There's fraud and corruption in every country, the difference in Nigeria is that there's no outrage rather we hail it.

For your information it's corruption and poor value systems that created poverty and unemployment in Nigeria. Both are recipes to crime, social problems and civil wars. We ain't seen anything yet.

Ah! I need to escape b4 it get worse..#Oosumii.. #I yam tired!
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by chuggy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Exjoker(m): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
I know it the unemploy youth on nairaland wont agree to this report...
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Vicfus(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Who is deceiving who? Imagine †ђξ so called NBS ooooo... If I'm not mistaken, I applied for a position online when this so called NBS were advertising there recruitment(2011). I even got one funny Reg. Number, but I'm still waiting for †ђξ aptitude test or maybe an interview.... Mtceeeeew....osheeeeeeee.... Ati iranuuuuuuuu
Re: Nigeria Records 85 Per Cent Employment In 6 Months – NBS by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
dumb lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For Dangote Group Mid-level & Exp. Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television / N-power Application Ended; Verification And Evaluation To Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.