Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? (1121 Views)

Why Can't A Lady Make Marriage Proposal?? / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Danzeky(m): 5:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Yes, a guy works for 5 yrs or less and decides I will (must) marry this year. He proposes to his gf (or one of), moves on and conclude marriage process within a short period. Where he has no gf he can move to his village, announce his intention, his mother and aunts move to work and marriage is concluded within months. Sometimes a guy comes frm nowhere (Overseas, no offense) goes to his village and conclude every thing within weeks. Some of the ceremonies may even be done in his absence with his PORTRAIT placed to represent him during trad. My question is why can't a lady initiate and conclude marriage thro any of the above processes. I want to hear from my village that the daughter of Chief Ojo returned frm USA with Bsc. Msc, and is looking for eligible man for marriage. Don't u think it will make the marriage 'market' more open and transparent, with a lot of willing buyers (offer) and sellers (acceptance). I'm worried b/c our girls are suffering in silence. Let us break the taboo? What is ur opinion?
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Godfullsam(m): 5:48am On Sep 24, 2014
In this part of Africa, it is not proper for a lady to such things you mentioned above because of marriage. For instance do you expect a lady to pay her own bride prize etc Neva angry
A lady must wait the right man to do the needful or else, no man will take her serious.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2014
A time will come, ladies won't take it anymore, by then I will go to my village and wait for the likes of chief ojo's daughter with PHd and accept her hand in marriage.
*wakes up from dream*
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by egopersonified(f): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2014
Like a lady asking a guy out? op, maybe with time sha.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2014
egopersonified: Like a lady asking a guy out? op, maybe with time sha.

Hmmm last night was the bomb. You didnt want me to stop sucking your boobs
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2014
Marriage has turned into a flea market abi
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Haywhymido(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kidding rite? How can ladies do dat, imagine a woman u dont knw walk up to n start toasting u,u no go run? Which a man can certainly do if he is been extreme,i mean if he rilly need to get marry dat year. Any lady dat try dat will be judiciously dupe of her affluence, body n later dumped. D most a lady in such case can do is to be friendly in a sexy way to d involved guy
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by gidjah(m): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
PARTLY because she is not the one to hook up her self,she is not the one to det when its time,only the men have the authority to decide when they want to hook up ,the women only wait for the ready-appointed man to show up
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
egopersonified, Pls what did you do this guy that keeps stalking you, trolling and harrasing you with lewd comments?
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mondisweets: Marriage has turned into a flea market abi
do you really understand the ops question?

op its possible, but you know the way 'some' of our african people think, i can imagine 'some' ladies wouldnt mind sponsoring/contributing to their own wedding if they are better off, but there are 'some' men who find it awkward
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by egopersonified(f): 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
shizzle11: egopersonified, Pls what did you do this guy that keeps stalking you, trolling and harrasing you with lewd comments?

I just gave him a piece of what he dishes out, thats why he is crying all over nl. The thing pain am die.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by blessedqueen(f): 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
shizzle11: egopersonified, Pls what did you do this guy that keeps stalking you, trolling and harrasing you with lewd comments?

I swear d dude is so annoying... I just like d way she ignores him
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
New comer. You registerd on Aug 14 2014. dont put mouth in the matter.
blessedqueen:

Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
egopersonified:

I just gave him a piece of what he dishes out, thats why he is crying all over nl. The thing pain am die.

I hope he gets banned because this is just unbelievable. Its good you've been ignoring him.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
I think that women, for one reason or another, are more eager to get married and more afraid not to get married "on time".

I also think that a rich babe from overseas can marry a "poor" boy quickly but women are not so eager to buy themselves a husband. wink
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by blessedqueen(f): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
letsdothis: New comer. You registerd on Aug 14 2014. dont put mouth in the matter.

Olodo like u... This is my third handle.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
egopersonified:

lol, i see...just keep your finger on the ignore button

blessedqueen:
yeaah, that's the best trick for such trolls
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe: I think that women, for one reason or another, are more eager to get married and more afraid not to get married "on time".

I also think that a rich babe from overseas can marry a "poor" boy quickly but women are not so eager to buy themselves a husband. wink
In other words , men that have been financing their weddings have been buying you girls abi? You kidding right?
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
shizzle11: In other words , men that have been financing their weddings have been buying you girls abi? You kidding right?

This is not what I said.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is not what I said.
That was what you implied or better still, explain the context 'buy', as used in your submission
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
shizzle11: That was what you implied or better still, explain the context 'buy', as used in your submission

Oh, come on.

When a man from abroad asks his mother and aunts to find a wife for him and even marries her without being present AT HIS OWN wedding, what do you think is involved, love

Or when a man comes from abroad and he and the woman, he barely knows, marry, what do you think is involved, love?
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Kanwulia: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Because it is a BUSH AFRICAN WOMAN'S WORLD! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 5:18am On Sep 25, 2014
changing the goal post....smh smiley
carefreewannabe:

Oh, come on.

When a man from abroad asks his mother and aunts to find a wife for him and even marries her without being present AT HIS OWN wedding, what do you think is involved, love
Not exactly. if he is never married before, he could get to love her with time

Or when a man comes from abroad and he and the woman, he barely knows, marry, what do you think is involved, love?

same as above, if he has genuine intentions the likeness 'could' blossom to love. On the other hand it could wither, it could go either way.

So are you saying a woman cannot desire a man she doesn't know too well? Dont forget life in itself is a risk, and i believe thats the intention of the op, to get an idea why women don't dare such risks as opposed to men?

Lastly you used the word 'buy' which necessitated my quoting you to start with, which i consider totally wrong. So i ask again, are men who have been marrying in this way been 'buying' the 'girls' as you put it?
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 25, 2014
shizzle11: Not exactly. if he is never married before, he could get to love her with time

same as above, if he has genuine intentions the likeness 'could' blossom to love. On the other hand it could wither, it can go bother ways.

So are you saying a woman cannot desire a man she doesn't know too well? Dont forget life in itself is a risk, so?

It would try to minimize the risk before signing a life long contract, wouldn't you?
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 5:28am On Sep 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It would try to minimize the risk before signing a life long contract, wouldn't you?

personally i would like to know a bit about my spouse to be before proposing, but the situation for the men who do this is different from mine, eg where they live, distance etc.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 25, 2014
shizzle11: personally i would like to know a bit about my spouse to be before proposing, but the situation for the men who do this could be different from mine, distance etc.

I don't understand why someone would marry a stranger but this is not my problem.

I am located in Europe and I see what happens when men marry strangers at home. They come back and live like the marriage never took place.
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 5:43am On Sep 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't understand why someone would marry a stranger but this is not my problem.

I am located in Europe and I see what happens when men marry strangers at home. They come back and live like the marriage never took place.
carefree i know you reside in Angela Merkels Deutschland, smiley and I am not oblivious of what you stated above, as a matter of fact i know a couple of people involved. Most of the marriages are not first time marriages and are on condition, i know, but i think the op didn't look at it from this perspective, he is just curious to know if ladies who feel the need for a Nigerian husband can take such bold step.

Its 17mins to 6am in naija, good morning smiley
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 25, 2014
shizzle11: carefree i know you reside in Angela Merkels Deutschland, smiley and I am not oblivious of what you stated above, as a matter of fact i know a couple of people involved. Most of the marriages are not first time marriages and are on condition, i know, but i think the op didn't look at it from this perspective, he is just curious to know if ladies who feel the need for a Nigerian husband can take such bold step.

Its 17mins to 6am in naija, good morning smiley

It's almost 7 here. Thanks for your company at breakfast. I need to get ready now. wink
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 5:48am On Sep 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It's almost 7 here. Thanks for your company at breakfast. I need to get ready now. wink

Have a very nice day smiley
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 25, 2014
shizzle11: Have a very nice day smiley

Thank you smiley smiley smiley

Wish you the same. wink smiley
Re: Why Can't A Lady Decide To Marry Within A Short Time (like Guys) And Do So? by shizzle11(m): 5:53am On Sep 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Thank you smiley smiley smiley

Wish you the same. wink smiley
My pleasure smiley

Thanks too winksmiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Three Polyamorous Gay Women Are Expecting Their First Child Together / Married Woman Commits Suicide After She Was Caught Having Sex With Co-worker / What Would You Do??!!! (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.