Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. (1848 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2014
My sienna goes off while driving. After diagnosis was told I need to buy crankshaft sensor, sensor heater control circuitp and oxygen sensor.

Anybody with this kind of issue b4, please share your experience and what you do to get it back to normal.

How much can I get these things in ladipo market.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2014
shawn5ng: My sienna goes off while driving. After diagnosis was told I need to buy crankshaft sensor, sensor heater control circuitp and oxygen sensor.

Anybody with this kind of issue b4, please share your experience and what you do to get it back to normal.

Crank shaft position sensor is the culprit, check if the sockets of terminals are corroded, toyota crank sensors hardly fail. The other code is for your oxygen sensor but you did not specify what bank.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Crank shaft position sensor is the culprit, check if the sockets of terminals are corroded, toyota crank sensors hardly fail. The other code is for your oxygen sensor but you did not specify what bank.

But Toyota heater sensor and oxygen sensors are always eager to fail and its $226 approx NGN40,000 per piece for brand new OEM oxygen sensor. So if I were the op, I'd install a damn spacer which is NGN1,000.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by autofixng: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2014
shawn5ng: My sienna goes off while driving. After diagnosis was told I need to buy crankshaft sensor, sensor heater control circuitp and oxygen sensor.
GAZZUZZ:

Yes you might be right, I hope proper diagnoses was done and not a guess diagnoses because d CKP sensor don't fail like that. For the other sensor it does not allow ur car to go off but it has to do more on ur fuel consumption.

You can post ur fault code so as to get more enlightenment in the house.

Just for u not to buy the sensors and find out you are still face with thesame problem.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2014
lomomike:

But Toyota heater sensor and oxygen sensors are always eager to fail and its $226 approx NGN40,000 per piece for brand new OEM oxygen sensor. So if I were the op, I'd install a damn spacer which is NGN1,000.

Installing a spacer is for a bad or removed catalytic converter. His error already involves a bad heater circuit within the o2 sensor, which means he will have to get a new o2 sensor.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Installing a spacer is for a bad or removed catalytic converter. His error already involves a bad heater circuit within the o2 sensor, which means he will have to get a new o2 sensor.

Very true, but to safeguard ones pocket from future leaks due to overpriced piece of toyota parts, I was recommending spacers after replacement of d sensor.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2014
lomomike:

Very true, but to safeguard ones pocket from future leaks due to overpriced piece of toyota parts, I was recommending spacers after replacement of d sensor.

Very true. Since there are no laws against it why not? My kia came from factory without any o2 sensors and peforms remarkably well on fuel.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thank you all for your response. My mechanic claim he could not find the location of the crankshaft position sensor . Any idea.
The code is code PO335
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello expert,
I forgot to mention that the guy that diagnose it said it was only crankshaft position sensor I need to buy to stop going off again.
The code is PO335
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
shawn5ng: Thank you all for your response. My mechanic claim he could not find the location of the crankshaft position sensor . Any idea.
The code is code PO335

You need a new mechaninc.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2014
GAZZUZZ: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSQGodq6fD_FJgsbfCQGd3Q9cud5rUtlXHmeSpaiBCIELdsE2vrODbsNlf[/img] location of sensor.

Mehn you must really be a problem solver. Got crankshaft position sensor delivered to me yesterday. I was thinking of one big thing like that but to my surprise it was just small device. Bought 6k.

I made a mistake telling the seller that my sienna is 2005 model rather 2006. I hope it doesn't matter. Do they use the same sensor.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 25, 2014
Your engine is 3MZ-FE. Thank God you didn't tell the seller its a lexus or highlander (lexus and highlander use that engine too), you could had finally bought it 9-12k. It doesn't matter. Sienna of 2004 - 2006 use 3MZ-FE engine hence, its the same sensor.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by XerXesNG(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2014
Car Talk section is like the most mature section on Nairaland.

Thanks to all those who help and contribute to problem solving and knowledge acquiring.

1 Like

Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08am On Sep 25, 2014
shawn5ng:

Mehn you must really be a problem solver. Got crankshaft position sensor delivered to me yesterday. I was thinking of one big thing like that but to my surprise it was just small device. Bought 6k.

I made a mistake telling the seller that my sienna is 2005 model rather 2006. I hope it doesn't matter. Do they use the same sensor.

Its the same 3MZ so no problem, next time bargain well cause in nigerian spare part terms ckp "no be market" for toyota, shouldn't have cost more than 3k.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 8:26am On Sep 25, 2014
I thought as well. I knew if I get to ladipo it would not be more than 3k. Am afraid my mechanic might call it for me 10k so I had to order it on line. 5k plus 1k delivery.
Does anyone have the pix of crankshaft position sensor here for the house to have a view of it.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 11:23am On Sep 25, 2014
This is what my mechanic brought out of my car. Can this be the crankshaft position sensor for sienna 2006.

Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:45am On Sep 25, 2014
Not the pictures I saw online, and there's too much oil on it, try and fix that leak if he is correct.
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2014
This is what seller sold to me. Kind of confuse self.

Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2014
This is the second one mechanic brought out.

Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
shawn5ng: I thought as well. I knew if I get to ladipo it would not be more than 3k. Am afraid my mechanic might call it for me 10k so I had to order it on line. 5k plus 1k delivery.
Does anyone have the pix of crankshaft position sensor here for the house to have a view of it.

shawn5ng: This is what seller sold to me. Kind of confuse self.

im a bit confused man undecided

take a pic of where each of those sensors came out from.

the second pic looks more like it.

i hope ur mechanic is not messing with ur head?
Re: My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution. by shawn5ng(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

im a bit confused man undecided

take a pic of where each of those sensors came out from.

the second pic looks more like it.

i hope ur mechanic is not messing with ur head?
[Thank you gazzuzz, my mechanic has finally fixed it. Drove it today.
But still notice that on my dashboard there is a light showing break and ABS. I hope this can't cause any further damage.
Please I need someone to help me with the price of compressor. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Camphor In The Petrol Tank Anyone ? / Is There A DIY Process To Duplicate A Transponder Key? / Help Needed For My Camry 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.