Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! (727 Views)

It's Humiliating That Russia Is Now Dictating To USA In Syria, Senator Mccain. / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / John Mccain: European Sanctions On Russia Are 'a Joke' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by Jarus(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2008
Much as I hate him, substantially for his arrogance, I was impressed with his concession speech. This is the first time I see something positive about McCain. Already referring to Obama as my President etc, the guy tried. In our own climes, post-election speech by a defeated candidate, no matter how sportmanly he wants to appear, will still have expression of displeasure, if not outright rejection and condemnation of the election or attack on the winner.

I'm aware that sportmanly political behaviour is not something unusual up there, but still, McCain tried here.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by c33b33(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2008
hehe!he had no choice!if the result was a close call,i trust McCain go done keep lawyers ready! grin
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by DavidDylan(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Much as I hate him, substantially for his arrogance, I was impressed with his concession speech. This is the first time I see something positive about McCain. Already referring to Obama as my President etc, the guy tried. In our own climes, post-election speech by a defeated candidate, no matter how sportmanly he wants to appear, will still have expression of displeasure, if not outright rejection and condemnation of the election or attack on the winner.

I'm aware that sportmanly political behaviour is not something unusual up there, but still, McCain tried here.

He had no choice at all, at 72 it was his last chance of achieving his personal ambition (forget about "country first"wink to become President of the US.
The result wasnt even close, it was a big beating . . .
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by SeanT21(f): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2008
His supporters that where screaming and booing have no respect.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by maxsiollun: 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
He was very gracious in defeat. Our politicians could learn from him. When they lose our politicians usually try to cajole the army to overthrow the winner of the election, or to have the winner killed.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
What choice does he have? When Obama beat him on Red territories. That was not close at all. Multiply McCains electoral votes by 2 he still trails
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by shotster50(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2008
His speech was moving and it does not make him less a man for accepting defeat. African politicians should do well and emulate that.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by savanaha: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2008
SeanT21:

His supporters that where screaming and booing have no respect.

They have no class at all. Did you realize that when McCain or Bush were mention no Obama supporters booed. The white classless hicks couldn't take it.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by Ibime(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2008
McCain began both his political and military career in 200 A.D, being defeated by Septimius Severus for Roman Emperor. Since moving to Arizona during the last Ice Age, he has had a mixed career.

Good speech though!
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by savanaha: 3:16am On Nov 07, 2008
Ibime:

McCain began both his political and military career in 200 A.D, being defeated by Septimius Severus for Roman Emperor. Since moving to Arizona during the last Ice Age, he has had a mixed career.

Good speech though!

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by chidichris(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2008
that is america for u. so much maturity in their dealings.
bush on his own said; americans have spoken.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by omoge(f): 2:03am On Nov 08, 2008
the only part i liked in his speech was when he said 'it is my failure, not yours'

that's like telling the bad belle ones all over the world, move on. it is my problem so don't take it out on the president elect.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by EmekaNaija(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2008
Simply a hypocritical speech. You call a man a communist, anti-american, "That One", and then in defeat you make a half-baked remark. Candidate Mcain needs not only to apologize public to Obama, but also to the old Mcain on 2000 that used to be a maverick.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by chidichris(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2008
this is waht i call politics at its best. he was waiting to be the first to say congratulations.
mccain regrets the death of Obama' grandmother saying he wished the woman was alive to see her product become american president.
political maturity. men of great understanding. men who wants to lead with the peoples' consent.
our big fool obj will tell u that this election is going to be a do or die affairs.
i respect america's political standard.
the elected president himself to show how ready he is to lead the people has started his programmes before his 20th january date. not like in nigerians case where a president will be in office for 2 years and people will be asking us to give him time.
in the usa, the chief of staff has been appointed and all aprticipants are waiting to start of the agenda of the administration. u are a great people.
please President Oboma, make room for another slavery trade so that i will be the first nigerian to jump on board usa slave trade ship and maybe i will become a governor someday there.
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by Jarus(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2008
chidichris:

this is waht i call politics at its best. he was waiting to be the first to say congratulations.
mccain regrets the death of Obama' grandmother saying he wished the woman was alive to see her product become american president.
political maturity. men of great understanding. men who wants to lead with the peoples' consent.
our big fool obj will tell u that this election is going to be a do or die affairs.
the elected president himself to show how ready he is to lead the people has started his programmes before his 20th january date. not like in nigerians case where a president will be in office for 2 years and people will be asking us to give him time.
in the usa, the chief of staff has been appointed and all aprticipants are waiting to start of the agenda of the administration. u are a great people.
please President Oboma, make room for another slavery trade so that i will be the first nigerian to jump on board usa slave trade ship and maybe i will become a governor someday there.

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: Mccain's Sportmanly Speech! by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2008
chidichris:

roflmao!!

(1) (Reply)

Back To Basics(obama And 9ja) / I Can’t Stop Police, Efcc From Investigating You, Court Tells Ribadu / Nigeria: Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.