Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures (5029 Views)

BREAKING: Nasarawa Impeachment: Lawmakers Flee State Capital / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / The Giant Of Africa, No Light, Water, Good Road, And Infrastruture Of Anykind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by pigin: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
Great cities all over the world are
reputed to have good road
networks. Infact, most of the
celebrated cities in Nigeria can
boast of good roads. The current
government in Kogi State may not
be comfortable with growing
discontent among Kogians home
and in diaspora and their
relentless criticism of the present
government in the state. A tour
around the pride of the state,
Lokoja, will give any right thinking
person ample reasons to criticize
the Governor and other political
office holders in the state.
Good roads are visible,
undeniable infrastructural
development that cannot be
hidden.
Ask anyone living in Lokoja, Kogi
State capital, and they will tell
you the city has just five (5) main
roads namely;
IBB Way (Barracks-Ganaja
Junction-Post Office-
Paparanda roundabout)
Ganaja Road
Hassan Katsina Road (Zone
8 roundabout-CBN-Crusher)
New Market Road (Old
market-Kabawa-International
Market)
Felele (Federal highway)
IBB Way (Barracks-Ganaja
Junction-Post Office-Paparanda
roundabout)
This is the longest road within
Lokoja metropolis passing through
Army Signal, front of Lokongoma
Housing Estates, post office all
through to Paparanda Roundabout.
90 percent of banks and corporate
offices are located along this
pathetic road.
Longest Road in Lokoja – Along
Phase 2
IBB Way – Before Paparanda
Roundabout
Front of Lokoja LGA Secretariat –
IBB Way
Lokoja-Okene Road Close to Phase
Water-logged IBB Way in Lokoja
Bad road portions along IBB Way
It will be recalled that the
administration of the immediate
past governor Ibrahim Idris (aka
Ibro) tarred this road twice in
2years and the current Wada-led
administration reportedly patched
the road sometimes last year but
a drive through this road will
raise a lot of questions as it is in
a terrible state at the moment.
Vehicular movement along this
road is a torment to the long-
suffering motorists in the ancient
town.
Ganaja Road
The first 200 Units Housing
Estate, 2nd 200 Units Housing
Estate, Aniebo Quarters, 500
Units Housing Estate,
Commissioners Quarters, the
abandoned Confluence Beach
Hotel and several private
residences are located along this
road.
Travellers going to or coming
from the eastern part of Nigeria
pass through this road on a daily
basis.
This road was re-constructed and
dualised by the administration of
ex-gov. Ibrahim Idris.
A small part of this road was
affected by the ravaging 2012
flood but this part as since been
repaired by the current
government. Work is on-going on
this road to patch the numerous
embarrassing potholes.
Hassan Katsina Road (Zone 8
roundabout-CBN-Crusher)
The new Confluence Stadium,
relocated Government Science
Secondary School, new Civil
Service Commission Office,
Central Bank of Nigeria Office,
House of Assembly Complex,
FIRS, High Court and a host of
other public and private interests
are located on this road.
New but Bad Hassan Katsina Road
Newly Commissioned Hassan
Katsina Road – by State
Secretariat Junction
Recently Commissioned Hassan
Katsina Road
Zone 8 Roundabout
This road has been in a very bad
state for years but motorists were
happy when the current Wada-led
government began work on the
road sometimes last year. After
much delay, the contractors that
handled the job finished work this
year 2014.
A drive along this road will keep
one wondering whether the
project was handled by certified
construction company or it was
awarded to farmers. The same
road that was commissioned a
few months ago is already in
pathetic shape!
Something is obviously wrong
somewhere!
New Market Road (Old market-
Kabawa-International Market)
This is yet another road that is in
bad shape without due attention.
Motorists driving from Nataco/
International Market must drive
with utmost care along Kabawa as
a good portion of the road on
both sides of the lane are in
terrible shape.
Close to Old Market
Around Old Market
Around Kpata
Another portion along New
Market Road
Between old market and John
Holt bend leading to paparanda
roundabout.

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by desgiezd(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Where are the pictures?
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by constance500: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
This one is strong
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by boix(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Without pictures how can it be confirmed if really it is the way you've described lokoja cause as for me I've never been there so how do I judge ? Am actually waiting for pictures though.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by omenka(m): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lokoja is an eyesore. I really pity the people of that state. Hardly in the news for ANYTHING, either good or bad, as though the state doesn't even exist.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by pigin: 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
More

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by pigin: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Pics

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by pigin: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
More

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Reptyle(m): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
That is my State of origin...cursed with one bad leader after another since creation.

What a shame. cry cry cry cry

10 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by AJINATU: 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kogi state has been under the bondage of PDP since 1999

1 Like

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by AJINATU: 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Hardly in the news for ANYTHING, either good or bad, as though the state doesn't even exist.
Same for Ebonyi state. It seems as if Ebonyi is not in Nigeria.

Some states in Nigeria like Kogi, Ebonyi, Kebbi etc needs to be merged with other neighbouring state that are more viable

3 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Op I vex pass you

I'm in lokoja right now and hate it like hell just because of the bad roads. The more annoying part is that it's about 3months that gov wada declared operation zero tolerance on pot holes.

Kogi is one state competing with Abia.

3 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by slimfit1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
AJINATU: Same for Ebonyi state. It seems as if Ebonyi is not in Nigeria.

Some states in Nigeria like Kogi, Ebonyi, Kebbi etc needs to be merged with other neighbouring state that more viable

well that is what you would expect people with brains to do don't you well now be expecting more states.

2 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
sunnyshayne: Op I vex pass you

I'm in lokoja right now and hate it like hell just because of the bad roads. The more annoying part is that it's about 3months that gov wada declared operation zero tolerance on pot holes.

Kogi is one state competing with Abia.
The solution is to stop electing mediocres. Kick out PDP

4 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2014

Some states in Nigeria like Kogi, Ebonyi, Kebbi etc needs to be merged with other neighbouring state that more viable
Plus Abia and Benue... All PDP!!!

4 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'm currently in lokoja, and things were not that bad. I'm a pdp hater so this aint abt siding the foolish govnr who refused to pay worker's salaries for over 6months.

But roads in lokoja are not that bad. At least most of the inner roads are tarred and are in better shapes than most cities.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
boix: Without pictures how can it be confirmed if really it is the way you've described lokoja cause as for me I've never been there so how do I judge ? Am actually waiting for pictures though.

I hope you have seen them. OP was even kind enough.

But seriously you have not been to or passed through lokoja to the East, North, South or West?

Bros, I can host you if you want to see bad governance in 3D.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Akanbiedu(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Lokoja is an eyesore. I really pity the people of that state. Hardly in the news for ANYTHING, either good or bad, as though the state doesn't even exist.

The state is rent seeking. It does only few things;

Collect allocation

Share allocation

Wait for the next allocation

5 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: The solution is to stop electing mediocres. Kick out PDP

It's not about party. It's just about the political will and the people of the state to grow from looting and sharing government purse. Kogi state and it's people depend on state allocation for everything that's why everyone seems to have lost a voice to demand for better governance.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by mistudreh(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is serious!!
Dear APC, your attention is needed in this state. We hope and pray that you take over the mantle of leadership as from May 29 2015 and restore the hope of the people of Kogi state in yearning for dividends of democracy.
To all concerned Kogites, you all should rise up and vote wisely come 2015.... CHANGE is the answer!!!
Vote APC!!!

7 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
sunnyshayne:

It's not about party. It's just about the political will and the people of the state to grow from looting and sharing government purse. Kogi state and it's people depend on state allocation for everything that's why everyone seems to have lost a voice to demand for better governance.
What is the function of a political party?
Who sponsors candidates for election?
Who controls the parliament?
Who forms a government?

Individuals or the PARTY?

I understand that most Nigerians don't know the influence of a party on the political, economical and social well-being of a society.

2 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I'm currently in lokoja, and things were not that bad. I'm a pdp hater so this aint abt siding the foolish govnr who refused to pay worker's salaries for over 6months.

But roads in lokoja are not that bad. At least most of the inner roads are tarred and are in better shapes than most cities.

I'm in lokoja too, where are the good roads? From all angles to the government house I will show you pot holes.

3 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
mistudreh: This is serious!!
Dear APC, your attention is needed in this state. We hope and pray that you take over the mantle of leadership as from May 29 2015 and restore the hope of the people of Kogi state in yearning for dividends of democracy.
To all concerned Kogites, you all should rise up and vote wisely come 2015.... CHANGE is the answer!!!
Vote APC!!!
If they are wise they will kick out Captain WADA in 2016 and the PDP goons.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by omenka(m): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2014

Some states in Nigeria like Kogi, Ebonyi, Kebbi etc needs to be merged with other neighbouring state that are more viable
This is why I keep insisting that the project of creation of more states by our politicians is the most selfish yet!! They hide under the cloak of "bring government closer to the people" whereas all they seek is just to carve an entity where they could have unbridled access to funds to loot!! We should be looking at merging states indeed and not create more. If you want government to be closer to the people, grant more powers and resources to the Local Governments, simple!

3 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by christejames(m): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
So pathetic!! Wada is not the only guvnor on that echelon of failure, his neighbour Suswam is just a carbon copy of him (wada). Both (and other nonperforming) have continuously dragged their respective states to the mud. Their states dearth of infrastructures. I just hope our anti-corruption agency like EFCC trail them after their respective tenure, and also make sure they are nailed for tampering with their states treasury. God is watching!
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2014

So wat wil u say abt Ekiti?
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: What is the function of a political party?
Who sponsors candidates for election?
Who controls the parliament?
Who forms a government?

Individuals or the PARTY?

I understand that most Nigerians don't know the influence of a party on the political, economical and social well-being of a society.
The APC you are clamouring for will go the way of PDP once they get the Presidency. Forget about party the issue is what is your aim or purpose for joining it? How zealous are you to ignite change?

Please was Tinubu not the gov before Fashola? Can you the party man not say who has done better under the same party?
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by AJINATU: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: This is why I keep insisting that the project of creation of more states by our politicians is the most selfish yet!! They hide under the cloak of "bring government closer to the people" whereas all they seek is just to carve an entity where they could have unbridled access to funds to loot!! We should be looking at merging states indeed and not create more. If you want government to be closer to the people, grant more powers and resources to the Local Governments, simple!
Exactly. I was furious when i heard some old greedy buffons at the national conference canvassing for the creation of additional states.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: This is why I keep insisting that the project of creation of more states by our politicians is the most selfish yet!! They hide under the cloak of "bring government closer to the people" whereas all they seek is just to carve an entity where they could have unbridled access to funds to loot!! We should be looking at merging states indeed and not create more. If you want government to be closer to the people, grant more powers and resources to the Local Governments, simple!
States' creation is necessary to bring government close to the people but the present structure of government need to be modified

1 Like

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by omenka(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: States' creation is necessary to bring government close to the people but the present structure of government need to be modified
I completely disagree. If we need more states to "bring government closer to the people", what then is the essence of the Local Governments?? Shouldn't they be scrapped altogether since they serve no purpose?? If the clamour for the creation of more states isn't borne out of selfishness and greed, why don't they canvass for devolution of more powers to the local government since it is closest to the people than the state and federal

5 Likes

Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by AJINATU: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
xpensiv05:
So wat wil u say abt Ekiti?
Sister
i'l be very very very happy if Ekiti state can be merged with Ondo state as it was before.
Re: Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures by omenka(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
AJINATU: exactly. I was furious when i heard some old greedy buffons at the national conference canvassing for the creation of additional states.
The politicians, and not the people, sent them to the conference. They are duty bound to serve the purpose of their masters.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Thanks Pmb For Choosing Ameachi / BREAKING!! Ebonyians Shock Governor Umahi, Observe Sit-at-home Order(photos) / Breaking!!!....ipob Shutdown Anambra Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.