Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App (18633 Views)

Java Tutorial For Beginners / Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by ikevin(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ezyp:
I can do something for u
I would really appreciate that, I would be waiting patiently,
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by ibietela2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Following
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by zeanslim(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
following..

Can I use my android phone ?
and will you be also telling how to get out apps on play store ?

nollyj
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by zeanslim(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
following..

and will you be also telling how to get our apps on play store ?

nollyj
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nwaobitex: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
nice 1 op
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
zeanslim:
following..

and will you be also telling how to get our apps on play store ?

nollyj

Yes, you can use your android phone. This is the link for all my android apps in Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=ToscanyTech&hl=en
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
sukkot:
nigga what you need to do is create jobs for nigerians. dont nobody want no android apps. there is enuff as it is grin

Bro, I studied android development and I did not wait for government or any body to create job for me. I do it as a hobby. Now I have almost 400,000 downloads in Google Play and I earn almost 200,000 Naira per month without even touching my apps.

I am doing this so that others who are interested can learn and even become better than I am

Keep wait for somebody to create job for you in Nigeria.

Best of luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by DONOCHAS(m): 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:
This is the second part of our series of tutorial on how to code a simple android native app. If you haven’t seen the first part of the tutorial you can follow this link to read it before starting with this second part.

In this part we will focus on setting up our working environment. I am using windows operating system with eclipse IDE but you are free to use whatever IDE you want. But be aware that I haven't used android studio so I might not be of help but you can still post your question here for other android developers who have worked with android studio to answer.

Using Desktop Computer
You can download and install android SDK and Eclipse in your machine. I will not go through the process of downloading and configuring android in your work environment since there are lots of tutorials online that have already done that. If you are having issues you can follow the tutorial on this link below. It will be very helpful to you. http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidInstallation/article.html

You can also get the android SDK bundle which have been configured for you on android developers website here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.

Using mobile phone
I do understand that some developers are using their mobile phones to code. You can also dirty your hands by converting your mobile phone to IDE. You can write, compile and execute your code within your handset. There are many free and paid android apps that can help you achieve this.

Programming with Android Thread created by Preboy in Nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/1571326/programming-android), has done an amazing job in compiling many apps that can help you program android apps on your mobile. I will suggest you go through the list and find an app that best suits your need.

We will head to the next post where we will talk about some other few things we need

If your installation works well you should have an environment like this.
. Hw can one convert dia mobile phone to IDE
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
dam007:
just the man I've been looking for.. Sir won't mind if could get you e-mail address... I have proposals I'd like to show you. Here's my address. Dam_007@ymail.com.. Expecting response asap. Thanks

Please contact me through my website http://inducesmile.com/
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by sukkot: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:

Bro, I studied android development and I did not wait for government or any body to create job for me. I do it as a hobby. Now I have almost 400,000 downloads in Google Play and I earn almost 200,000 Naira per month without even touching my apps.

I am doing this so that others who are interested can learn and even become better than I am

Keep wait for somebody to create job for you in Nigeria.

Best of luck
nigga we talking about collective eating not just you eating. besides of what benefit to society is an android app ? you must be out your dayum mind angry
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
DONOCHAS:
. Hw can one convert dia mobile phone to IDE

There are many android IDEs you can download from Google Play that you can use to develop android apps
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by zeanslim(m): 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:

Yes, you can use your android phone. This is the link for all my android apps in Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=ToscanyTech&hl=en

thanks,

I mean will you be telling how to get mine on play store ?
after creating smiley ..
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Ezyp(m): 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
ikevin:
I would really appreciate that, I would be waiting patiently,
send me a mail so we continue from there
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Ezyp(m): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:

bro pls don't let anyone distract ur kind works....HAVE YOU SEEN THE CODE. THE LINK TO PASTEBIN. thanks
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
zeanslim:

thanks,

I mean will you be telling how to get mine on play store ?
after creating smiley ..

You will create a publisher account with Google. It cost 25 dollars a year. After the you can upload your app in your admin section of your account. You can also register for Google Admob if you want to display advertisement on your apps.
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ezyp:
bro pls don't let anyone distract ur kind works....HAVE YOU SEEN THE CODE. THE LINK TO PASTEBIN. thanks

Yes, I will get back to your tomorrow. I have a Java game that I am roundup yesterday and today so I did not have much time to look at it. But you will get a reply tomorrow
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Ezyp(m): 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:

Yes, I will get back to your tomorrow. I have a Java game that I am roundup yesterday and today so I did not have much time to look at it. But you will get a reply tomorrow
thanks alot....
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by uduokirika1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
following with my touchlight
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
following
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by ikevin(m): 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ezyp:
send me a mail so we continue from there
chinedukevin125@gmail.com
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by haibe(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
sukkot:
nigga what you need to do is create jobs for nigerians. dont nobody want no android apps. there is enuff as it is grin

chai see ignorance at its peak. Little do you know brother, with all due respect you seem like a very ignorant person. I blame the Nigerian environment.
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Dreyl(m): 8:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nice!
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by dam007(m): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:

Please contact me through my website http://inducesmile.com/
sent a mail to the box provided on your profile... Please acknowledge...
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by nollyj: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
dam007:
sent a mail to the box provided on your profile... Please acknowledge...
What name did you use?
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by timothyuche1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
I will try this out
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by dam007(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
nollyj:

What name did you use?
I uSed dam_007@ymail.com. Its imperative you respond sir.. It'll mean a loT!
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by miketayo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
jamelorys:
Java is the primary language for App-making. Java is comonly used for android aaps where as c, c++ are used for ios apps.

mobile application development

objective C then IPhone (Language) is used for IOS and its not C or C++ .. dont lead ppl astray

plus its not advisable to code with mobile phones.
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by qtx(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2014
this is cool
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Jeolight: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
ask for d name of the hairstyles before uploading it.
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by exxy(m): 8:54am On Dec 12, 2014
would love to creat an app !
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by trytillmake(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2014
Oga continue yr tutorial na!
Re: For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App by Sirakj(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2014
nollyj:

Why have your two comments so negative. Well by the end of the tutorial I will see what your comment will look like.

At least for your information I will finish it. I hope you find rest now. I am not doing it for you. Even if it did not help someone today it will help somebody in future so relax

There are thread created in early 2000 in Nairaland that has helped me. This is just for archive and in line it might help someone.
Nice work guy. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout / Why I Dumped Wordpress As A CMS (my Experience) / Where To Go If You Need Programmers Or Advertise Your Programming Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.