Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,263 members, 7,957,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash (30830 Views)

7 Types Of People You Meet On An Airplane / Dana Airplane Crash With 152 People / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by UmecheMoses(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
why cant air travel companies give all passengers parachuts before boarding, teach pple to operate these things, save lives do not just make money.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Toks2008(m): 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Im seriously trying to see any sense in the OP's post
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Toks2008(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
UmecheMoses: why cant air travel companies give all passengers parachuts before boarding, teach pple to operate these things, save lives do not just make money.

Exactly.

Each time i board a plane and the pilot says things like we are 45000ft above sea level,ijust say to myself. LOBATAN! GOD my life is in your hands.

Its so funny that the safety provided is geared towards sea crash and i kp eondering why they cant provide parachutes.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by lonelydora: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ye men of little of faith. As long as I step into any plane, my LORD'S grace follows me until I step out. I don't need this tip, I am covered already.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by nkpommpko(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Na if the plane reach ground now, na because tree near na him monkey use dey do guy.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yeah, those tips will work in a Crash landing situations. But in a situation where the engine fails at 25,000/30,000ft
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by sunsky29(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
i fear to enta plane o.jst imagin d kain comotion wey go dey insyd plane wen d tin wan crash...nobody go remember any tip...na their gods name dm go remember.....plane crash is worstest than car crash....truth b tld,people in a plane are never at rest til da plane lands.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by fashrola(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
Stelvin101: Came across this Article while checking my email and I believe it will be very useful to those of us who travel by air almost all the time wink

LONDON (AP) — Each day, 8.3 million people around the globe step aboard some 93,500 flights. They almost always land safely.

But in the rare chance of a crash, there are some things passengers can do to improve their odds of surviving. British Airways offers frequent fliers a half-day safety awareness
course. Among the tips offered there:

— During the safety demonstration, count the number of rows to the nearest exit. Then count the number of rows to the second nearest exit, remembering that it might be behind you.

— Next, practice putting on and taking off your seatbelt to build muscle memory. Check where your life vest is and touch it.

— Learn the proper brace position: Bend forward as far as possible, keep your head down. Place your feet flat on the floor and slide them back. Your dominant hand goes on the back of your head. Protect that hand by placing the other hand over it. Do not interlock fingers. The goal is to ensure that the bones in the stronger hand aren't broken so you can eventually unbuckle the seatbelt.

—Red lights always signal an exit because the color cuts through smoke the best.

— Once an evacuation order is given, seconds count. Move quickly to the nearest exit and jump down a slide. If you hesitate, the flight attendants will push you out.

— Always inflate life vests outside the plane. They can limit mobility in a tight space. Or, if water fills the cabin, passengers with inflated vests can be pressed up against the ceiling, unable to swim down to the door.

https://uk.m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/frontpage/news/tips-surviving-airplane-crash-144941161.html?.b=%2Findex&.intl=GB&.lang=en-gb
this tips are for passengers going to the oil rig or during crew change at sea
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by SMALLPENIS(f): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
These tips are for escaping a flooded plane! @OP
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
In a crash and as we make an emergency exit, if I see you try to reach up into the overhead bin to grab your stuff I'll knee you in the groin and trample over your dead body angry
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
UmecheMoses: why cant air travel companies give all passengers parachuts before boarding, teach pple to operate these things, save lives do not just make money.
Using parachute is not what you can learn in a day.Even if u chute out, do you know where you gonna land
Desert, Island, ocean, that are thousands of miles to the nearest civilisation...
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by hensben(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Extom:
Ask those "pilots" in the village!!! grin grin grin
so u be witch shocked..see broad daylight confession.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by SMALLPENIS(f): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Toks2008:

Exactly.

Each time i board a plane and the pilot says things like we are 45000ft above sea level,ijust say to myself. LOBATAN! GOD my life is in your hands.

Its so funny that the safety provided is geared towards sea crash and i kp eondering why they cant provide parachutes.

not all planes can have have their exits opened midway in the air,if that happens the plane will crash/crash faster. Why do you think plane windows were designed not to unwind?
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by deavicky(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Extom: The only way to survive plane crash; Don't Board!!!
this guy is right cos plan crash no be here. U self imagine something wa dey move a minimum speed of 800KM/h. If e crash na God go save u no ur technique.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sile12:
Using parachute is not what you can learn in a day.Even if u chute out, do you know where you gonna land
Desert, Island, ocean, that are thousands of miles to the nearest civilisation...
you might even land in a zoo or in the midst of boko haram
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
and board a ship
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
Everything got a tip...even tips to kidnap seun...
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by EbolaParasite: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
Stelvin101: Came across this Article while checking my email and I believe it will be very useful to those of us who travel by air almost all the time wink

— [size=20pt]Always inflate life vests outside the plane[/size]. They can limit mobility in a tight space. Or, if water fills the cabin, passengers with inflated vests can be pressed up against the ceiling, unable to swim down to the door.

https://uk.m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/frontpage/news/tips-surviving-airplane-crash-144941161.html?.b=%2Findex&.intl=GB&.lang=en-gb

Highlighted - Most important!!! This should be hammered into everyone's head.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
TOPCRUISE: you might even land in a zoo or in the midst of boko haram
grin
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by lakidanjak: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
Stelvin101:

So if US govt decides to offer you a job and need you to be there b4 5 day's time how do you go over there??
Let them make the offer first, then i'll take it from there.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Lagbaja01(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
medicine after death.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by lacreamieboie(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
Plane?? when my grandma get mat!

na joke o...
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Toks2008(m): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

not all planes can have have their exits opened midway in the air,if that happens the plane will crash/crash faster. Why do you think plane windows were designed not to unwind?

At least we can wear the parachute and if the plane decends to a certain level people can start jumping out.

Which one be crash faster? A plane wey wan crash go crash.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by SMALLPENIS(f): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
Toks2008:

At least we can wear the parachute and if the plane decends to a certain level people can start jumping out.

Which one be crash faster? A plane wey wan crash go crash.

grin
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
Miraculous survival is the only known tip.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by tuffgongjo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Or the crash doesn't happen @ all.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by maxit2(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Val22: Seeing this topic, I thought of using a parachute to escape from the crashing plane.
But, where are u gonna land? inside ocean or forest full of wild animals?

Where you land wouldn't be necessary because you'd be dead before touching ground.
The engine and those BIG blades will gladly have a slice of you. Let's not talk the high altitude and pressure.(Thin air)
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by manny4life(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

Wonderful... I don't agree with your theory because this is an emergency and not luxury like you see in cars.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by victorazy(m): 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
coldsummer: [size=15pt]how nany times thus topic go come fp[/size]

NANY no dey here o! him dey for one English football club and his sister dey Akwa-Ibom dey take care of a baby.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by ugwum007(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
survive plane crash? how many ve u heard that survived and are in good condition than the dead ones?

just pray u dont encounter one cos d dead ones are better than the survivors.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by iukpe: 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Buy a parachute, make it one of your hand carry bags at check-in. Very Important:- Don't forget to wear it on your back just after take off as soon as seat belt lights go off.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by victorazy(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

U dey stammer? "Have have" "crash/ crash" abi na Isoko u from? U be Daddy Shoki brother? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makurdi Hotel In October / The N4.5 Billion Underpass Project In Kano (photos) / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.