Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 (980 Views)

Okagbare Wins Gold In Shanghai / Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M / Djokovic Defeats Murray In Shanghai Rolex Masters Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by FOD(m): 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2008
Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai
Shanghai, China
November 9-16, 2008
$4,450,000 / 8 Draw
Indoor Hard

Red Group: 1-Roger Federer, 3-Andy Murray, 5-Andy Roddick 8-Gilles Simon

Gold Group: 2-Novak Djokovic, 4-Nikolay Davydenko, 6-Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, 7-Juan Martin Del Potro

The top two players from both groups advance to the semi-finals of the tournament after playing everyone else in their group once.

The tournament begins on Sunday at the Oi Zhong Arena with the final due to be contested eight days later, on November 16.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by dre101(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008

Singles Round Robin
(2)N Djokovic (SRB) d (7)JM del Potro (ARG) 75 63
(4)N Davydenko (RUS) d (6) JW Tsonga (FRA) 67(6) 64 76(0)
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by dre101(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008

Singles Round Robin
(1) R Federer (SUI) vs (cool G Simon (FRA)
(3) A Murray (GBR) vs (5) A Roddick (USA)
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by FOD(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2008
One thing Federer's opponents in this group have in common is that they all have beaten him this season. Simon has just done it again - he beat Federer 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by tng(f): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2008
@ FOD

and Murray just beat roddick.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by FOD(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2008
I have a feeling Federer may not make it to the semi-finals because on current form, I don't see Federer beating Murray. I hope he proves me wrong.

Novak Djokovic beat Nikolay Davydenko 7-6 0-6 7-5. He's through to the SF of the Masters Cup.

Tsonga is yet to win a set as he lost 6-7, 6-7 to Del Potro.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by DavidDylan(m): 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
Murray will beat Fed . . . i think Fed's time has run out
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by FOD(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2008
World number six Andy Roddick has pulled out of the Masters Cup because of a right ankle injury.

First alternate Radek Stepanek, the Czech world number 27, will step in to take on Federer.

Meanwhile, the match between Murray and Simon is in progress.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by bagoma(f): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2008
Andy Murray just beat Simon. 6-4, 6-2.
Murray leads in his group.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by DavidDylan(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2008
Who is Andy Murray? That guy has become something else.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by FOD(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2008
Today's Results:

Davydenko - Del Potro 6-3, 6-2
Tsonga - Djokovic 1-6, 7-5, 6-1

From eurosport.co.uk:

Davydenko will play the winner of the Andy Murray-Roger Federer clash in the semi-finals. If Murray wins he will top the Red Group and defending champion Federer will crash out of the tournament, with Gilles Simon qualifying second from the group.

"Murray is playing very good tennis in the moment," said Davydenko. "I have had much better results against Murray because this year I won one and I lost one but against Federer I have a 12-0 record. I never win.

"So against Murray I have more chance. It doesn't matter how Murray plays, I have more chance. Federer is not playing his best tennis but you never know. Federer is a different guy every day."

Federer beat Stepanek yesterday 7-5, 6-4 to keep his hopes of qualifying for the SFs alive.

I read somewhere that Stepanek had to borrow Djokovic's racket and wear Murray's socks for the match. Just to show how unprepared he was.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by viee(f): 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2008
FOD:

I have a feeling Federer may not make it to the semi-finals because on current form, I don't see Federer beating Murray. I hope he proves me wrong.

DavidDylan:

Murray will beat Fed . . . i think Fed's time has run out

correct gentlemen. . .
was a pulsating game
i kind of feel Fedex shld have pulled out from onset, all this losses may jus affect him psycologicaly i think undecided

who do you reckon will win?

looks like the cash has Murray written all over it IMO

Murray! sometimes i rewind and think of all the comments i made before Wimbledon about this dude
Since coming back dramatically aganist the Freanch guy. . what his name again?. .  .he has been having a fab season!
beaten the top players, won titles, improved in his ranking
IMO apart from Nadal, he is the best of the season
just that i hate British stuns and their way of blowing their average athletes tongue cool into big time stars, i would have loved diz guy . . . .really!
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by bagoma(f): 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2008
i really feel for Federer.
i started watching the match but couldn't finish it. when i later learnt he lost i was gutted.
i agree with you here
i kind of feel Fedex should have pulled out from onset, all this losses may just affect him psychologically i think
i think it will definitely affect him psychologically (if not already). Roger really hates losing. i don't think he will like himself very much now. his body language says it all. but everyone knows that everything that has a beginning has an end and you cant win everyday forever.
Andy Murray is on fire now and he looks like he will win it but you never know.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by DavidDylan(m): 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2008
Fed shld have pulled out. except of course it would have had the organisers in a panic since Nadal and Federer are the 2 biggest draws to the competition.

Can someone tell me why the doubles is also being played too? I mean its second-rate tennis to be honest.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by iice(f): 4:49am On Nov 17, 2008
so its Davydenko and Djokovic now
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by bagoma(f): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2008
Djokovic took it.
i dont know how it all happened. just saw it now on the news that Djokovic. i didnt get to see any of the semi's.
Re: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai 2008 by iice(f): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2008
Oh wells, there is always the next one.

(1) (Reply)

Muda Fcuka's / Super Eaglet Will Play On Sat. While Golden Eagle Plays On Sunday / Wanted: Grade A Defenders For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.