Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back (996 Views)

''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo / How Jonathan Got His GCFR By Reuben Abati - SaharaReporters / Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by activatenigeria: 10:00am On Sep 25, 2014
These are the best of times for President Goodluck Jonathan. He is on a roll and he's seeing everything now in bright colours. And he has the opposition to thank for all his latest victories. The opposition is struggling with all sorts of teething crisis- a perfect setting for the ruling party to do all sorts maneuverings. And Jonathan is sitting pretty. Suddenly, the once "clueless JJC" is riding high and becoming a darling of all. Okay, I know you would say all of these "becoming a darling of all" is well choreographed and well oiled. And that the crowd we see in the zonal rallies are paid for. But take it or leave it, oga Jona, in this final round of the tournament is connecting well. And his smiles are getting broader too.

The first thing that worked in his favour, funny enough, is the same thing many love to mock him about: the calm, quiet exterior. There's something about a man who says little or nothing. Even the Holy Writ says when a fool is silent, the world see him as wise. It was the same quality that saw him through the period when he was not sure if he would see the next day at the villa or not. You remember the time? That calmness was unnerving then; it is still so now. I hear many people saying he's silent because he doesn't know what to say. Others say he's so overwhelmed with his job and that the best thing to do is keep quiet at such times. You know, the kind of silence you keep when "matter pass your power". I heard another thesis the other day: Jonathan is always silent because his wife is doing all the talking!

Whatever it is, Jonathan, through this strategy of "see more, talk less" has reduced the controversies, make him look mysterious and disconcert his critics. Of course his traducers insist that he is still clueless and dumb.

Another thing going for Mr. President is the fact that he still has few good men ( and women) working for him. I personally like the Minister of agriculture, Akinwunmi Adesina, who appears to know what he is doing. He talks too much though but he has brought about some changes in the agric sector. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (madam wahala) is a first class material anywhere. Mike Onolememen ( I hope I got that surname correctly) is fixing the roads- at least the major ones. Before she was booted out, Ms. Stella Oduah was doing good in the aviation sector. Osita Chidoka, her successor, is not doing badly. Hate him or love him, Labaran Makun, has done a great job as a painter- putting the best spin on anything. Like Warren Buffet once enthused, the value of wealth is to hire the best brains work for you. Jonathan is clearly riding on the back of men that I suspect are a lot smarter than their boss which in itself is not a bad thing.

Again, the president has both powerless and powerful enemies which is an advantage. And sometimes, a man's greatness can be gauged by the quality and quantity of his foes. He does not have two enemies who are alike. I know folks who don't like the President for his fisherman hat; just as others wonder if he has a real name. They think "Goodluck" is a moniker! Yet I must acknowledge the sincere haters who expect more of Jonathan. For this class, all my entreaties that the President is a human being after all, fall on deaf ears. I have argued that he can't solved all the problems and that others should get a slice of the blames. But they vehemently replied that Jonathan must be held accountable. That he's the commander -in- chief. And that he's the shot caller. Someone even asked if he should be blamed since I was making excuses for Jonathan. And when I said his lieutenants should also be blamed for the crisis, they told me pointblank that the President should have the courage to do some high profile sacking. The buck, they rightly say, stops on his desk.

In spite of all of these, Jonathan is cruising home. He even got sterling commendation for his war on Ebola. I was surprised when Sam Nda Isaiah also congratulated the president on his ebola strides.

Recently too, it appears the commander in chief is getting his gears on as far as a war-time president is concerned. Although his critics have said the latest rounds of successes against the insurgents is in spite of Jonathan; and not necessarily because of any high intelligence. Others say that the victories are not far reaching enough and that as long as our daughters are still in that forest, there is no garland for the generals yet.

And as far as his reelection bid is concerned, nothing seems to be stopping the incumbent president. Almost everyone that matter in his party has endorsed the guy. And I really don't know who would stop this moving train now. If the opposition can get him a serious match, then we would have a good contest. If not, I see another four years of Jonathan in the horizon. For some this is the worst nightmare to contemplate! For others, the song of victory is already ringing in the distance. And I'm not even gloating. Just keeping it real here. So what do you think? You are in the situation room.

www.activatenigeria.com

2 Likes

Re: A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by sirjohnson(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Sorry, I wont read it because (1) Its too long (2) Jonathan can never get hos groove back
Re: A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by blexxonmak(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Well said.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by Mamaflex(f): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Ok. Stella odua will soon get her groove back also. undecided
Re: A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by BrosPeter: 11:47am On Sep 25, 2014
This indeed is a must read, very well written.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by brainpower(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
You are completely right. Its like in the movies, things start getting better when they have gone to the worst and GEJ has seen his share of worst. Almost making me believe he wanted all this happen to know those that are with him just like he was accused. Anyway, he still has my vote.
Re: A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back by AfonSales(m): 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
GEJ is doing his best for the country but he needs to do more. There is no point insulting the President's every move, he is human and needs our support. Lets always think Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

GEN.BUHARI YOU DID NOT KNOW!(GMB) / Badeh To Troops: Flush Out Boko Haram Before Saturday Poll / God bless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.