Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Nokia Or Sony Erricson - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Or Sony Erricson (14359 Views)

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Psp Phone 16gb Card Holder Ericson, Erricson, Sony Iph / Nokia, Samsung, Sony Erricson Etc: Low Low Prces For Sale Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by sanbest: 12:01am On Nov 14, 2008
i think nokia is more respected.they re just too gud.though ericsson is also good but nokia na king of phones.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2008
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by tobidaflava(m): 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2008
Nokia more funkia
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by tjosh(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2008
Y wld sum1 compare a sony ericson wit almighty nokia? Can a sonyericsson phone NAVIGATE?
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Caliente(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2008
[size=13pt]Nokizzle for shizzle[/size]
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Olumitide(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2008
Nokia.
No contest grin
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by inze(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2008
differnt strokes, lipsrsealed
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2008
tjosh:

Y would someone compare a sony ericson wit almighty nokia? Can a sonyericsson phone NAVIGATE?

well how many times have u navigated with ur Nokia phone, some SE phones are better than MANY nokia phones and the whole world knows it. Check the link I gave in my previous post. . . . . . also take not of the production date of the 2 phones in comparison
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2008
Nokia all the way! Any other fone, I-No-Kia! grin
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by milu4(m): 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2008
@poster nawao for you how u go confair nokia and sonyeriction.U know say khaki nobe leather.I rather grab 3310 than w800i. I used morethan 5 symbian 3edition now i want to test eseries.No 4 life
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by lynxnoon(m): 2:39am On Dec 09, 2008
nokia
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by klo: 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2008
wonder if all those rooting for nokia ever owned a sony ericsson. its different strokes and it all depend on what you want in a phone and of course the range you are talking about. me think nokia has run out of ideas and they are now more reactionary than innovative. its sony ericssson for me though and if you can afford it try the new se x1. you will never touch a nokia again.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 5:22am On Dec 11, 2008
klo:

its sony ericssson for me though and if you can afford it try the new se x1. you will never touch a nokia again.
. . . and then you have the Nokia N97.

Its really about what you want in a device. . . how extensible the platform is. . . etc. If you want to go to war against each other as to who is better, you all wont be alive to see the end of the battle. The device manufacturers aren't sleeping either. They are working to produce the best devices for their customers.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2008
Yeah right. but u still won't touch a nokia after using x1, that is if u know how 2 use phones. N97 is just a carbon copy of 5800 d only diff. is the qwerty keypad layout

Get an SE pls
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2008
left to me, the following devices are huge failures

Sony Ericsson X1
Samsung Omnia
Nokia 5800
HTC Touch Diamond (no longer a failure with the latest firmware update)

Why? All handsets are the first attempts by the respective manufacturers to combat / play on equal grounds with the iPhone. They obviously didnt get it right as the operating systems used in these phones have previously existed and were not geared towards finger-tip touch sensitivity.

Before you guys get all up over the Xperia, it was designed and developed by HTC - the biggest player in the Windows Mobile market. They are however working to patch the flaws just like they did with the HTC Touch Diamond.

The HTC Touch Pro and the Touch HD are more experienced devices, having learned from past experience.
The Nokia N97 runs on a refresh of 5800's S60 5th Edition OS. Lessons learnt as well.
Samsung's breakthrough device is yet to be announced.
Our beloved Sony Ericsson hasn't really gotten it right yet. With Xperia's issues, they are already considering the Android OS. How's that? Admittance of failure with the current device? Or maybe HTC just really screwed them up so they dont take the Windows Mobile market share away from them.

Hate it or love it, users of the devices listed above apart from the Touch Diamond are guinea pigs.

So to you X1 lovers, enjoy the interface, enjoy the user experience, enjoy the bugs, enjoy the device crashes grin
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2008
<here we go again>
There was no attempt made by SE to play equal with d iphone. From the list in the previous post (i don't give a hoot abt samsung), the HTC Touch Diamond is closest to the iphone in terms of d UI, that 5800 XpressMusic was nowhere near the iphone at all. Now SE has its walkman series nd i'm pretty sure if they want to 'compete' with the iphone it'll be from dat line. The X1 is business-oriented, the iphone = music-oriented, 5800 XpressMusic = iphone oriented. Now for the shocker, N97 = X1-oriented (hey Nokia realised dat the symbian OS cant do nicely without keys!)
Even google knows that SE shows a lot of potential for high-end android-powered handsets dats why in November 2007 they offered SE an invitation to produce phones running the android OS, sadly it wap turned down. The reason-SE wanted to concentrate more on the UIQ interface and now it has been maxed out in d X1. Its only good news to Google as SE finally accepted 2 work with their android (this is not an admittance of failure)
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2008
Nokia makes good handsets quite alright but Sony ericsson has always been generations ahead.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2008
***Oh Gawd. . . I just love discussions with fanboys***

Pray tell me, why Sony Ericsson ditched UIQ?

If the Nokia N97 is X1-oriented (cos of the qwerty. . .), do we now say the X1 is HTC TyTN-oriented or something? Well, I guess that's just perfect anyways. . . X1 is HTC designed, just like the T-Mobile G1.

Nokia has always made 'communicator' devices with history spanning from the Nokia 9100 to E90. . . So much that the X1 is often referred to as the 'XPERIA Comminucator'. I dont talk from the top of my head, you can check here: http://www.mobilebond.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1-communicator-on-13-october/. Sony Ericsson themselves never referred to it as a communicator, the public did.

Dont worry, I wont say the XPERIA is E90-oriented. Cos I'm smarter than you tongue
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2008
Please by far Nokia dominates Sony Ericsson in terms of Hardware and good software implementations. First Sony Ericsson has a dead platform, now apart from that they makes use of low quality chips. try watching a large video of 640 by 480 resolution and see what i mean even xperia that possesses high end devices plays MPEG4 640x480 by 15 frames by seconds. to me am a video person. go try N95 it plays 30 frames per second.Nokia's Research and Development makes Nokia phones appealing for users in termsof software. Look at the N95Accelerator plugin,Mokia Maps, Nokia Ovi ,Search what does sony ericsson.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Ovat4sure(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2008
@Oxide, How much talk time does the SE X1 battery has? I'm sure after all that u've considered features or qualities, it wouldn't last more than 2.5 hours but 4 nokia especially d Eseries batteries, u're having upto 5, 6 or more. As for me i will disqualify any SE phone because in any device, battery is d mean thing.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2008
naijafan:

***Oh Gawd. . . I just love discussions with fanboys***

Pray tell me, why Sony Ericsson ditched UIQ?

If the Nokia N97 is X1-oriented (because of the qwerty. . .), do we now say the X1 is HTC TyTN-oriented or something? Well, I guess that's just perfect anyways. . . X1 is HTC designed, just like the T-Mobile G1.

Nokia has always made 'communicator' devices with history spanning from the Nokia 9100 to E90. . . So much that the X1 is often referred to as the 'XPERIA Comminucator'. I don't talk from the top of my head, you can check here: http://www.mobilebond.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1-communicator-on-13-october/. Sony Ericsson themselves never referred to it as a communicator, the public did.

don't worry, I wont say the XPERIA is E90-oriented. because I'm smarter than you tongue

SE didn't ditch UIQ, they joined the Android movement because it's d latest platform in town and it is only the latest stuff that moves the market, u get? Why they refused initially was because the platform was not fully developed by then and hewaven forbid any manufacturere that wold ve attempted building a handset on the then-developing OS. Now Google has made the OS more stable, SE is willing to take it up. More effort will be put into this new platform and it doesn't mean the UIQ is gone

and for the last point, [size=4pt]incase u were referring to me, if not pls ignore this paragraph[/size] not because u're smarter than me, it's simply because u finally decided to use ur head and realised that the paradigm of the E90 and the X1 are in no way similar. Ok let me break it down for u, E90 the folds (open d same way a laptop does or like a book [size=4pt]incase u're wondering what a laptop is[/size] grin) while the X1 slides, sideways. ok [size=4pt]if u don't understand this then go kill urself[/size]

by the way, it's all a matter of choice, even the thread is titled Nokia OR Sony Ericsson.

as for me, I'll still stick to SE

fxwealthy:

Unlimited money trading with my superrobot -xtrader turn an account of $370 to $7,097 and turn $10,000 to $31,000 in 7 weeks to get this wonderful robot please contact
michael 08055047313 +2348055047313

Tested,trusted,approve,Gurantee to turn your capital unlimited amount OR E-MAIL raymikeinvest@yahoo.com for prove of forex live account
as for u, don't post this kind of thing here for the rest of your life. Do u understand

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2008
x1

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2008
@n.oxide

ok, so they copied the touch pro? or hmm, the TyTN? or. . . wats the name of that phone again o. . . lots. . too many names keep flashing in ma head.

and the only device that slides like the N97 is HTC's Advantage. and that's not even a phone per se. Jst quit spilling ish and focus on the topic. For the last time, the XPERIA is just Sony Ericsson branded. Like you see some phones with 02 on them. . . or yea, those Starcomms and Visafone phones. LOL. The glory/flaws of the XPERIA goes to HTC.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by zeal22(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2008
nokia for life!
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 1:12am On Dec 14, 2008
zeal22:

nokia for life!

your reasons pls?
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2008
Well i think many people bif the X1 because of the price but it's a fact, u cant get something of that quality at a cheap price
@Naijafan
Ps show me the link where it was published that HTC developed the X1 for SE
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by saintbiddy(m): 2:20am On Dec 16, 2008
i can't believe guys on nairaland , are u really comparing any kind of phone with nokia ,its not all about the camera view of the phone, peharps have u guys tried E71 it has a very good camera, and the durability of 8800 sirrocco . don't let me hear that rubbish about any other phone,nokia has the best phone ever.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 3:16am On Dec 16, 2008
n.oxide:

Well i think many people bif the X1 because of the price but it's a fact, u can't get something of that quality at a cheap price
@Naijafan
Ps show me the link where it was published that HTC developed the X1 for SE

If its about the price, then I think you are about to be ripped off. No beefs but the X1 is supposed to set you back by about N95k, not N130k as you get with Slot. The HTC Touch HD is also around that price range.

About the link, just type HTC and X1 in google. Bet you didnt think of that tongue
Here's a link just in case:
http://www.i4u.com/article14693.html
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/no-wonder-sony-ericssons-xperia-x1-is-so-good-htc-makes-it/
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by kosovo(m): 4:56am On Dec 16, 2008
sonyericsson W910, was the phone of the year,  (last year) and this year still got couple of
powerfull SE phoes.
Oops' I'd think iphone 3g killed Nokia's long time ago.
Nokia is just series of modification and nothing else.
Sony and it's affiliates are simply quality. and not quantity like Nokia.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by aieromon(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2008
nokia is it!

dats y we've come out with the 5800 and the n96.

connecting people!
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 17, 2008
naijafan:

If its about the price, then I think you are about to be ripped off. No beefs but the X1 is supposed to set you back by about N95k, not N130k as you get with Slot. The HTC Touch HD is also around that price range.

About the link, just type HTC and X1 in google. Bet you didnt think of that tongue
Here's a link just in case:
http://www.i4u.com/article14693.html
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/no-wonder-sony-ericssons-xperia-x1-is-so-good-htc-makes-it/

About the rip off thing, its normal for sth of that calibre to command a highh price when it is just released, dont u know? and ok, I followed ur link but hope u remeber that X1 is based on Windows mobile OS and SE has only been working with the UIQ. It's only fair if they hired an experienced hand to the workstation. Most of then NOks are on symbian (can't remeber any using windows mo), dey have the experience and make phones on symbian by themselves. Even at that, SE kicked Nokia's butt big time, thanks to the tag team partner, HTC. Sadly, I don't think there's gonna be any SE on Win Mo anymore.

ok let us rewind time a bit, back to the P1i. Name any Nok in dat category that measured up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From TECNO PhonePad 3 Launch Event Yesterday / Free Your MTN Airtime. How to Unsubscribe From MTN Newspaper Services (MNS) / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Leaked Information September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.