Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Nokia Or Sony Erricson - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Or Sony Erricson (14360 Views)

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Psp Phone 16gb Card Holder Ericson, Erricson, Sony Iph / Nokia, Samsung, Sony Erricson Etc: Low Low Prces For Sale Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by codeworks(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2008
anyway i prefer Nokia.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2008
n.oxide:

About the rip off thing, its normal for sth of that calibre to command a highh price when it is just released, don't u know? and ok, I followed ur link but hope u remeber that X1 is based on Windows mobile OS and SE has only been working with the UIQ. It's only fair if they hired an experienced hand to the workstation. Most of then NOks are on symbian (can't remeber any using windows mo), dey have the experience and make phones on symbian by themselves. Even at that, SE kicked Nokia's butt big time, thanks to the tag team partner, HTC. Sadly, I don't think there's going to be any SE on Win Mo anymore.

ok let us rewind time a bit, back to the P1i. Name any Nok in that category that measured up.

P-what? don't even get me started. UIQ scores low on user-friendliness. . . It got to its peak with the P1i. The two characters per key was a huge failure. Why do you thnk no other device has emulated it? That wasnt qwerty. . . It wasnt even Blackberry's SureType. It was just a silly experiment.

About something of that calibre commanding such high price when its first released? I don't get what point you are making there. A phone costs N91k. If you've got yourself a friend overseas, u can get one at that price. Why would you go out of your way and buy it at N150k in some store run by theives? Make me understand you.

I think the problem here is once a good high-end phone is released, people tend to walk into the store and accept any price tag they see on it without checking elsewhere. The average guy in Ikeja will end up selling them the same device at a much lower price.

So don't bring in price as an argument. The E90 still costs around N90k and it has stayed for over a year in the market. No one is complaining. tongue
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 12:51am On Dec 18, 2008
by the way. HTC has an ODM license to the X1. which means the design is patented by them, not Sony Ericsson.

PS. dont think i'm hating on the xperia. just having fun throwing shots back at you!
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
naijafan:

by the way. HTC has an ODM license to the X1. which means the design is patented by them, not Sony Ericsson.

PS. don't think i'm hating on the xperia. just having fun throwing shots back at you!

Even the world calls a mercedes, 'a mercedes' whether it is using a toyota engine or honda batteries, provided it is branded mercedes. patent fire! No matter what or who makes SE phones, at the end of the day, the average SE phone is way better than your average nokia phone

U're like P-what, ok call any Nokia u want to compare with the P1i and is in the same category with it

Ovat4sure:

@Oxide, How much talk time does the SE X1 battery has? I'm sure after all that u've considered features or qualities, it wouldn't last more than 2.5 hours but 4 nokia especially d Eseries batteries, u're having upto 5, 6 or more. As for me i will disqualify any SE phone because in any device, battery is d mean thing.

Mr. man I never use X1 before but i can bet my left leg that the battery can carry u through MTN midnight call time (4hrs+) with still some power left for part of the following day. Shun all that E-series battery talk, SE batteries have better perfomance. I'm not sure u've even used an original SE phone before that's why u're having battery issues.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2008
@n.oxide

whoops, thank god you dropped your price tag talk. . . smiley

Since you mentioned just any Nokia phone, I'll pitch the E71 against it then.
Since they are both supposed to be business phones, lets examine what data options they both have.

GPRS.
P1i uses a Class 10 specification which boasts a max speed of 48kbps
E71 uses a Class 32 specification which boasts a max speed of 100kbps

EDGE
P1i doesnt support EDGE. Who neeeds EDGE when you have 3G, right?
E71 has a 296kbps EDGE support

3G
P1i has a max 3G data rate of 384kbps. Thanks to the lack of HSDPA support
E71 has a max speed of 3.6Mbps, often considered as half 3G cos the likes of N82 feature speeds of 7.2Mbps. Now, not that they will actually get to this rate, but they'll definitely transfer at speeds very well above 384kbps.

WiFi
P1i has 802.11b support.
E71i has 802.11b/g support.

While you may suggest that the E71 was released a year after the P1i, 2007 Nokia Nseries devices have always featured even better connectivity options. wink
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2008
Naija Fan nice fact but still not enough for the sony ericsson fan boiz
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by kingron: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2008
i would buy nokia phone this week.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2008
I'm sorry but you seem not to know the difference between "feature phones" and the rest of the pack.

After Nokia released the N82 (a feature phone), they made the N78 which packed less capabilities than the former.

The E61i is by no means a feature phone - it was never advertised as one. No one would compare it to the P1i. Only sluts would do that. The E61i was just a back up to the original E61 with added features, such as a camera. Infact, the only thing added was the camera. Yes, the E61 lacked a camera. Thus, the closest device that can run head to head with the P1i is the E71. It doesn't matter the time difference. They are still in the same class. Its just the same way SE fans would compare the C905 with the N82, not minding the fact that the N82 was released November, 2007. As long as they are the best offerings from each manufacturer from the same class. wink

Look, the E61 was a 2005 device. Yet, it featured the 802.11g WiFi specification. We'll have a roundabout conversation if we go on and on with this. Maybe I'm tired of that already cheesy.

You didnt have to explain what A2DP means. I believe its expected that every mobile device freak here knows that. . . Except of course its some new stuff u just discovered. Wikipedia, anyone? grin By the way, A2DP isn't required for wireless headset support. Its only required for listening to music using [b]stereo [/b]bluetooth headsets. That's why the iPhone has support for bluetooth headsets and doesnt have A2DP for music lovers. wink

And then, when it comes to business use, the S60 platform beats the crap out of UIQ. Just take a look at the developer community around each one. Heard of Mail for Exchange? The app that puts S60 users on the same line with WinMo users when it comes to support for Exchange server mail. . . with push capabilities! Still wondering why you dont seem to realise why the Xperia runs WinMo. UIQ just wasnt up to it yet. And SE wasnt ready to take it to that level. Maybe they will. . . someday!
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2008
naijafan:

I'm sorry but you seem not to know the difference between "feature phones" and the rest of the pack.

After Nokia released the N82 (a feature phone), they made the N78 which packed less capabilities than the former.

The E61i is by no means a feature phone - it was never advertised as one. No one would compare it to the P1i. Only sluts would do that. The E61i was just a back up to the original E61 with added features, such as a camera. Infact, the only thing added was the camera. Yes, the E61 lacked a camera. Thus, the closest device that can run head to head with the P1i is the E71. It doesn't matter the time difference. They are still in the same class. Its just the same way SE fans would compare the C905 with the N82, not minding the fact that the N82 was released November, 2007. As long as they are the best offerings from each manufacturer from the same class. wink

Look, the E61 was a 2005 device. Yet, it featured the 802.11g WiFi specification. We'll have a roundabout conversation if we go on and on with this. Maybe I'm tired of that already cheesy.

You didnt have to explain what A2DP means. I believe its expected that every mobile device freak here knows that. . . Except of course its some new stuff u just discovered. Wikipedia, anyone? grin By the way, A2DP isn't required for wireless headset support. Its only required for listening to music using [b]stereo [/b]bluetooth headsets. That's why the iPhone has support for bluetooth headsets and doesnt have A2DP for music lovers. wink

And then, when it comes to business use, the S60 platform beats the crap out of UIQ. Just take a look at the developer community around each one. Heard of Mail for Exchange? The app that puts S60 users on the same line with WinMo users when it comes to support for Exchange server mail. . . with push capabilities! Still wondering why you don't seem to realise why the Xperia runs WinMo. UIQ just wasnt up to it yet. And SE wasnt ready to take it to that level. Maybe they will. . . someday!

then would it be fair if i tell u to compare E71 with X1 grin
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2008
what? don't sound fair, ok, i might ve slipped on the A2DP talk, but how about the upcoming N97.

Nokia n97 can't compare with X1:
1. n97 processor same as 2 years old N95 far behind X1
2. screen is 360 x 640 far away from X1 480 x 800
3. n97-Symb.9.4 S60 5th Ed. and X1-Windows Mobile 6.1Pro

and n97 will be coming out may-june, but Sony may improve d X1 much more probably run it on Android or we'll have X2 or something similar,

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2008
the rate at which you post images makes me wonder what the problem is. cheesy

alright. . . lets talk about the n97 and the x1. while they are both the latest offerings from either manufacturer, altho the n97 isnt out yet. i believe you'll agree with me that the n97 is more about mobile entertainment while the xperia x1 is about business. yes, composing facebook notes on the hardware keyboard will be lovely!

i really cant compare the two at the moment. the n97 prototypes demoed 2-3 weeks ago are still far from fulfilling the promise.

but how about the fact that the n97's camera records video in HD/widescreen? A first for handheld devices.
or that nokia's flagship cameraphone - the n82 (5MP), has a screen size of 2.8" while the C905 (8MP), has a screen size of 2.3"

i think we should rather define wat exactly we are looking for in a phone before we term one as better or not.
The average megapixel freak would say the c905 is better than the n82 even before taking a snap with both of them. you know wat i mean. wink
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by lordvader(m): 4:20am On Dec 22, 2008
Hm.m.m
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2008
naijafan:

the rate at which you post images makes me wonder what the problem is.  cheesy

no problem my brother, no problem @ all. I jst wanted u to take a closer look grin

naijafan:

alright. . . lets talk about the n97 and the x1. while they are both the latest offerings from either manufacturer, altho the n97 isnt out yet. i believe you'll agree with me that the n97 is more about mobile entertainment while the xperia x1 is about[b] business[/b]. yes, composing facebook notes on the hardware keyboard will be lovely!

then the one on xperia is what? software keyboard? puhlease. . u can still get that same facebook experience on X1 so no big deal wink. of course it's more of mobile entertainment, how won't it be when its simply a tweak of the 'failed iphone wannabe' 5800. i'm not an iphone fan and I don't hate nokia. in fact one of my phones is the N81 8gb. every 4kn phone wit the qwerty is sure to be a thing of joy when typing long text

I think this N97 wants to be another 'iphone killer' but with the already published specs i'm sorry to say that nokia has failed once again. I heard the term "Iphone killer" since they first announce the Nokia AEON concept which were at least two years back

naijafan:

but how about the fact that the n97's camera records video in HD/widescreen? A first for handheld devices.
or that nokia's flagship cameraphone - the n82 (5MP), has a screen size of 2.8" while the C905 (8MP), has a screen size of 2.3"

When it comes to taking pictures, the size of the camera device screen doesn't matter at all, uh uh. It is the camera resolution [size=5pt]damn I sholdn't be telling u this[/size] U get better pictures with 8MP than a 5MP whether u use the camera to record video or to take pictures, its still the same camera and ope u know the C905 has wifi support and it is not even a smartphone. Name one nokia phone that isn't a smartphone, but supports wifi. . . .  i jst need wifi in dis case

AS for ur HD/widescreen issue, did ever have problems watching a movie that was not encoded in HD? cool u see? smiley that's what nokia is trying to do to u guys. . . . pls don't be a victim of some lousy marketing strategy

but i've had problems with the picture quality(red colour) of my  N81, but that wasn't looking bad when i used my w880.

Try it for urself.
take ANY Nokia 2MP camera phone and take a picture with some red in it (eg a red shirt). Do d same with ANY 2MP Sony Ericsson camera phone and compare both pictures. . . .

what I' trying to say here can be summed up in the following equations

Nokia Camera = whackd for sure

and whackd = 4kd up; for sure = big time

therefore
Nokia camera = 4kd up big time

naijafan:

i really can't compare the two at the moment. the n97 prototypes demoed 2-3 weeks ago are still far from fulfilling the promise.

so don't even think about it. cheesy

Now can I say that nokia's flagship business phone is E90? if so then run the comparism. . . . . shey u once said the release date doesnt really matter.

On the average, majority of SE phones are better than a majority of Nokia phones.  . . . . .  so i think the answer to this thread is SE

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2008
@n.oxide.

easy bro. no one's fighting wit ya grin
I talked about the facebook / hardware keyboard thing because i felt you would go any lenght to debunk the fact that n97 was geared towards entertainment. remember you once said it was xperia-based wink

nokia never announced the aeon concept officially. give me a link to prove they did. it was just a result of college students who were competing to see who could come out with the best concept phone and then win a summer job with the Nokia design team. various concepts originated from the event. the winning design was Nokia Scentsory. you can read about that here http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/2006/06/012659.htm
the aeon was dubbed an iphone killer just because of its apparent similarities to the iphone. not that nokia ever had anything to do with it.

when i talked about n97 and hd videos, i was referring to video recording. not video playback. every handheld camera today records video in 4:3. the n97 will be capable of recording in 16:9. i'm talking aspect ratios here.

when i talked about the small screen on the C905, i wasnt alone. just search for "c905 small screen" on google and see the number of complaints on mobile review sites. screen size is essential because its the view finder for the camera as wellremember? that's not to say the c905 is crap. rather, it still the king of the 8MP league. wink

hmm wait. you said something about WiFi. . . yea. ok. i should name any nokia non-smartphone that supports it? why don't you name another SE non-smartphone that supports WiFi. yea. . . none. why? because the C905 is about the first non-smartphone to feature WiFi. cheesy.
it's like me asking you to name a SE device that has a built in FM transmitter. . . or any SE device that utilizes an AM OLED screen, the type used in the N85. . . or any SE device that has a Navi-wheel (like the one on iPods - Nokia has about three NSeries devices with Navi-wheels right now. No walkman has one wink ). . . but i'm not going to ask you. tongue

But what's the idea behind WiFi on a phone with a 2.4" screen which is better suited to surfing mobile-optimized sites? Well, not that the WiFi is just about surfing anyways, because the C905 supports VoIP calls and network sharing which is cool. WOW. You gotta agree that the screen would annoy the crap out of a lot of people. a 2.6" or 2.8" would have been fine.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
Yeah i said it was xperia-based, from the appearance angle.

As least the picture wont remain on the phone 4 eva, one day u'll need it on facebook then no one will care if u used a camera without screen. If u really wanna know good ur picture is, u upload it to ur pc, dont u? By the way those people complaining about the screen size dey mad! Do they want SE to include a 5" screen before they see what they're doing on their phone, back then when k750 was the camera champ who ever criticised the screen size? bastards! Abi they want SE to start making bogus phones like (E90) that cannot enter someone's 'corporate' trouser comfortably.

Did i hear u say i should name another non smartphone SE equipped with WLAN? I guess non smartphone and non symbian would mean the same thing, right? So check out the specs on the w705, wait its not yet released, but how about the G705. . . sweet. . . 802.11b/g LAN and its not symbian.

SE phones are simply the best in every aspect.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
And what is the difference between the 2.4" on the C905 and the size they are suggesting? SE has a way of 'miniaturizing' their stuff. They can make a phone the size of 2 nokia batteries equipped with the FUN STUFFS but 4 Nokia to do that, the phone could be as big as 60 leaves notebook. Seriously, one day I held my friends N76(with flip closed) in one hand and my w880 in the other hand. From the front view, they were just the same size, guess which one was thicker?

One day this nokia people go make landline, call am handset, dats what they nearly did with the E90. communicator my foot. . . . with that phone sef u don't need to sag ur trouser, that's the phones job.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2008
n.oxide:

Yeah i said it was xperia-based, from the appearance angle.
that's lame. capish! it doesnt even look a bit like it. just the slide out qwerty keyboard. there are lots of phones like that already.

n.oxide:

As least the picture wont remain on the phone 4 eva, one day u'll need it on facebook then no one will care if u used a camera without screen. If u really want to know good ur picture is, u upload it to ur pc, don't u? By the way those people complaining about the screen size dey mad! Do they want SE to include a 5" screen before they see what they're doing on their phone
the view finder is always important at the point when the picture is taken. i cant think of any phone with a 5" screen, so i dont know what you are talking about. can your arguments remain logical for once? the fact that you are cool with a deficiency doesnt stop it from being one. angry

n.oxide:

Did i hear u say i should name another non smartphone SE equipped with WLAN? I guess non smartphone and non symbian would mean the same thing, right? So check out the specs on the w705, wait its not yet released, but how about the G705. . . sweet. . . 802.11b/g LAN and its not symbian.
c905 / g705 were both released november. w705 is due nxt year. meanwhile, learn to be a little bit more rational in your arguments.

n.oxide:

back then when k750 was the camera champ who ever criticised the screen size? bastards!
did i hear you say back then? cheesy

n.oxide:

Abi they want SE to start making bogus phones like (E90) that cannot enter someone's 'corporate' trouser comfortably.
yea right. just like the old schl P900 and P910, or like the new schl Xperia which is just 3mm slimmer than the E90. Well, time for the accolades. E90 was rated as having the best qwerty keyboard on a mobile device till the Touch pro took over in august this year. The touch pro still maintain its stand. where's the X1? if you've got a problem with the bulky phones, then go for slim ones. init ?

n.oxide:

And what is the difference between the 2.4" on the C905 and the size they are suggesting?
if you've got a P1i lying around, pick it up and appreciate the 2.8" screen. wink

n.oxide:

Seriously, one day I held my friends N76(with flip closed) in one hand and my w880 in the other hand. From the front view, they were just the same size, guess which one was thicker?
the N76 was thicker. and i'm still finding it hard to imagine what kinda nincompoop would compare the w880 with the n76 (a smartphone).
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2008
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by blackweaver(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2008
@n.oxide

while we are at it we may add a more comparisons

Release date
P1i July, 2007
E61i February, 2007
E51 September 2007

Camera
P1i 3.2MP
E61i 2MP . . . wtf
E51 2MP

I shouldn't even have written this, everyone, even u knows SE cameras are better than Nokia cameras
Agreed SEs probably have better cameras

Bluetooth
P1i v2.0 with A2DP
E61i v1.2
E51 v2.0 with A2DP
A2DP is that stuff that makes ur bluetooth support a wireless headset. It stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

Weigth?
P1i 124g
E61i 150g
E51 100g

just to let u know that ur phone doesn't have too weigh a ton before u can have all the good stuff, afterall size doesn't really matter

EDGE/GPRS
P1i NO EDGE, Class 10 GPRS
E61i Class 10 EDGE, Ordinary GPRS
E51 Class 32 EDGE class 32 GPRS

3g
The same for both e61i & p1i: 384 kbps
for E51: HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps

According to the slot price list am looking at:
E61: 45k, P1i: 41k, E51 : 31k5

ok, E51 doesn't have a qwerty keyboard but all the same given a choice it isn't too
hard to see which of the three i would choose.
I admit, the p1i floors the e61 but the fact still remains even among nokia phones
you can find something cheaper that also floors the E61i

My point is while you can definitely find some SE phones that will floor some Nokia
phones of the same price range, you could also find some other nokia phones that
will also floor the said phone point being ur comparison reference is not the best
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by blackweaver(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2008
you know on second thoughts maybe SE does give Nokia a good run for its money
after all, i just have a question from SE users, how durable are they?
i have been using an e50 for over a year and i can't count how many times it has
fallen - a number of times to the point that the battery has fallen out however my screen
is still intact; am just curious are SEs that resistant to falling too?
Not that it matters, am a strictly Nokia series 60 fan
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2008
naijafan:

the N76 was thicker. and i'm still finding it hard to imagine what kind of nincompoop would compare the w880 with the n76 (a smartphone).

what do u mean by nincompoop when i was jst talking about [size=16pt]SIZE[/size] here. i bow 4 u oh shocked as if its not Sony ericsson and Nokia I'm talkingg about. when I compared e61i and P1i u said only sluts do that. I think u dont understand many things here.

the thing is Nokia and Sony ericsson, by the way, u sounded surprised when I mentioned w880i and n76. In this case, whether smartphone or no smartphone, the w880i can still match up to the n76, u're making me go a bit far in this when I only wanted to talk about the size of the two phones. or do u admit that the w880 is better (in terms of function and durability) than the n76 despite the smartphone trash! angry

I NEVER, NEVER said there was a phone with a 5" screen pls read carefully b4 u think of anoda thing

Really U  don't seem to understand a lot of things and I dont think u have used a Sony Ericsson b4. I am using and have been using both 4 some time now so some of the things I am posting now is from experience.

blackweaver:

@n.oxide

while we are at it we may add a more comparisons

Release date
P1i July, 2007
E61i February, 2007
E51 September 2007

Camera
P1i 3.2MP
E61i 2MP . . . wtf
E51 2MP

I shouldn't even have written this, everyone, even u knows SE cameras are better than Nokia cameras
Agreed SEs probably have better cameras

Bluetooth
P1i v2.0 with A2DP
E61i v1.2
E51 v2.0 with A2DP
A2DP is that stuff that makes ur bluetooth support a wireless headset. It stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

Weigth?
P1i 124g
E61i 150g
E51 100g

just to let u know that ur phone doesn't have too weigh a ton before u can have all the good stuff, afterall size doesn't really matter

EDGE/GPRS
P1i NO EDGE, Class 10 GPRS
E61i Class 10 EDGE, Ordinary GPRS
E51 Class 32 EDGE class 32 GPRS

3g
The same for both e61i & p1i: 384 kbps
for E51: HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps

According to the slot price list am looking at:
E61: 45k, P1i: 41k, E51 : 31k5

ok, E51 doesn't have a qwerty keyboard but all the same given a choice it isn't too
hard to see which of the three i would choose.

I admit, the p1i floors the e61 but the fact still remains even among nokia phones
you can find something cheaper that also floors the E61i

My point is while you can definitely find some SE phones that will floor some Nokia
phones of the same price range, you could also find some other nokia phones that
will also floor the said phone point being ur comparison reference is not the best

e51, nice business phone. u said it all in one word. CHOICE. the e51 was optimized for connectivity. outside that, no big deal. Not having the qwerty made me over look it earlier

blackweaver:

you know on second thoughts maybe SE does give Nokia a good run for its money
after all, i just have a question from SE users, how durable are they?
i have been using an e50 for over a year and i can't count how many times it has
fallen -  a number of times to the point that the battery has fallen out however my screen
is still intact; am just curious are SEs that resistant to falling too?
Not that it matters, am a strictly Nokia series 60 fan

Sony ericsson phones are very durable, except the phones with a joystick (eg. k700) the joystick being the ONLY problem. as for falling it depends on the degree of the fall.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by blackweaver(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2008
Can anybody could recommend an SE phone that costs less than 35k,
has 3g and runs on a s60 v3 phone? i like s60v3 pones 'cs of the way
i can get applications to xtend their functionalities.
and it has to be brand new am not into those unreliable roadside phones
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 6:16am On Jan 03, 2009
blackweaver:

Can anybody could recommend an SE phone that costs less than 35k,
has 3g and runs on a s60 v3 phone? i like s60v3 pones 'cs of the way
i can get applications to xtend their functionalities.
and it has to be brand new am not into those unreliable roadside phones

are you drunk? SE isnt into S60. They do UIQ on Symbian instead.

@n.oxide
sorry i called you a nincompoop, ok. just dont understand why you should compare phones that arent in the same class together. its like me comparing the X1 with the N82 and concluding that SE makes bulky phones. ya dig?

BTW, how was your xmas?
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by blackweaver(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2009
well presently am addicted to s60; i guess that says it all about where i stand on this matter. and no i'm not drunk, just uninformed
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2009
blackweaver:

well presently am addicted to s60; i guess that says it all about where i stand on this matter. and no i'm not drunk, just uninformed

ok. i take that back. seriously cheesy
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 05, 2009
meaning of two ears and one mouth is listen twice and talk once
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by ambyzown(m): 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
N.Oxide, don't mind them die-hard nokia fans who will not agree that sony ericsson phones will always offer better value for money.
I have owned and used several SE and nokia feature/smart phones, and I will tell u without batting an eyelid that I prefer SE to Nokia.
I currently use a P1i, an E51 and a Nokia 6300i.
The P1i has the best battery life, best UI (Apologies to many who think otherwise, as I find S60v3 quite boring) and is a beauty to behold. It also has the best music player (as I have ported the Walkman Player 3 to my P1i.) The Picture viewer is like nothing I've seen on any Nokia, coupled with the fact that it offers u background music while u view photos in slideshow mode. But it has its drawbacks.
The E51 has a wonderful PC interface which beats SE hands down. 3rd party apps are in abundance and the OS is noticeably faster than UIQ.
My point here is that Nokia and SE make wonderful phones, and in my opinion, are the worlds leading phone manufacturers, but it all boils down to choice.
I may prefer an SE for the same reasons why naijafan will hate it. But I still prefer SE.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2009
XPERIA PANELS, FACEBOOK PANELS

The user interface is spectacular, easy to use and very fast. You can pretty much do anything you can normally do on a computer with this panel! This includes viewing profiles, sending and receiving messages, reading and writing on walls, checking out photo galleries, and even uploading your own photos. You can change your status text and view other people’s status updates, as well as check your notifications.

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2009
ey guys check out the 8mp concept of xperia

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by lynxnoon(m): 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2009
hmmmmm n.oxide u n images!!
wel anyhow i'm really enjoying u n naijafan,,,,,,,,,,pls dont stop d flow grin grin
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by ambyzown(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2009
Lovely concept phone, but the earpiece is in the wrong position. I hope SE takes cue from these concepts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From TECNO PhonePad 3 Launch Event Yesterday / Free Your MTN Airtime. How to Unsubscribe From MTN Newspaper Services (MNS) / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Leaked Information September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.