Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

... - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / ... (2758 Views)

How I Was Scammed By Etisalat Via Nairaland/bella Naija Weekly Data Plan / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! / Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
i am doing this to get help and help others not to fall prey too.
I am going to upload screenshots of our conversation, so you guys can see. he reached out to me that he needed my nokia lumia 520 and would gv me htc velocity and a curve 7. initially i was sceptic about such transaction but he kept on insisting and calling.

since i have done business twice with him i decided to give it to him cause he sounded desperate cause he needed it for a swap.
Problems started when he said i have to give him my phone first and he would give me his the next day with the excuse that he is expecting a phone he ordered from china and would give me the htc once it arrives the next day.

i refused. he started asking me to trust him and that we have been doing business together(two deals tho), sending me screenshots of his chat with the other guy. after much talk however i finally accepted.
i gave him my phone sept 23rd and since then his number has been off. i sent him messages of whatsapp,he read them and ignored them.

I blame myself however for trusting someone i barely knew. i have a picture of him which i will also upload tomorrow if he still doesnt reach me. i am just hoping for his sake and his reputation he does. i also know he is a law student of noun in benin. thats all i know about him,if anyone can help me get to him.where he stays or something. i will be grateful. thank you.
Re: ... by ceejay80s(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
Emails,phone number?
I hate scammers, u will find him and make sure u kill him
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
I have a personal vendetta against anyone on any platform, especially here on Nairaland, that uses the internet to scam people.

Again, we as a people, have lost much when two adults cannot conduct transactions on a gentleman's word of honor. And over a measly telephone too.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Re: ... by Ikonz(m): 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
Bros, chill...okay? Give him 24 hours from now, and if on Saturday morning he has not contacted you on this issue pls notify me. Personally I have a bitter hatred for scammers, if this true I will then make sure he pay & regret this folly in full
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 26, 2014
Ikonz: Bros, chill...okay? Give him 24 hours from now, and if on Saturday morning he has not contacted you on this issue pls notify me. Personally I have a bitter hatred for scammers, if this true I will then make sure he pay & regret this folly in full

hmmm i will wait. Thank you
m a girl
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 26, 2014
thank you all.
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Turned out that he blocked. I got him through another whatsapp
Re: ... by digi101(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2014
Thats the mumu idi*t thats ruining is reputation because of a measly phone? angry lipsrsealed

People just dont understand!
Re: ... by justi4jesu(f): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Some Nigerians will never change...its a pity angry angry
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2014
he has called me and was apologizing. he said he will bring it this afternoon. just waiting
Re: ... by justi4jesu(f): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2014
chizzily: he has called me and was apologizing. he said he will bring it this afternoon. just waiting

Hmmm okay then keep praying and check the phone very well oh because him fit give you carton as phone with this his 1st stunt he has already proofed he has a questionable character.
Re: ... by favprec12(f): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2014
chizzily: i am doing this to get help and help others not to fall prey too.
I am going to upload screenshots of our conversation, so you guys can see. Greg reached out to me that he needed my nokia lumia 520 and would gv me htc velocity and a curve 7. initially i was sceptic about such transaction but he kept on insisting and calling.

since i have done business twice with him i decided to give it to him cause he sounded desperate cause he needed it for a swap.
Problems started when he said i have to give him my phone first and he would give me his the next day with the excuse that he is expecting a phone he ordered from china and would give me the htc once it arrives the next day.

i refused. he started asking me to trust him and that we have been doing business together(two deals tho), sending me screenshots of his chat with the other guy. after much talk however i finally accepted.
i gave him my phone sept 23rd and since then his number has been off. i sent him messages of whatsapp,he read them and ignored them.

I blame myself however for trusting someone i barely knew. i have a picture of him which i will also upload tomorrow if he still doesnt reach me. i am just hoping for his sake and his reputation he does. i also know he is a law student of noun in benin. thats all i know about him,if anyone can help me get to him.where he stays or something. i will be grateful. thank you.
the same issue happened between Ameh Samson and I, they are just using this forum to scam people and Nairaland isn't helping matter lately, d mod has hid the topic where I narrated my story and d screenshot of our conversations and his pix.
Re: ... by Ikonz(m): 11:46am On Sep 26, 2014
chizzily: he has called me and was apologizing. he said he will bring it this afternoon. just waiting

Remember, its 24 hours I gave you. Dont hesitate to contact me if he stil has not return it by then
Re: ... by uboma(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2014
favprec12: the same issue happened between Ameh Samson and I, they are just using this forum to scam people and Nairaland isn't helping matter lately, d mod has hid the topic where I narrated my story and d screenshot of our conversations and his pix.

i checked your story. Please note that the mod wasnt responsible for hiding your complaint thread. The Admin and moderators of Nairaland will never encourage scam artists in any way. We encourage members to be mindful of who they transact with and please dont be greedy next time because its only greed that would have prompted you to send him 20k for football betting.

Having said that, i will notify the moderators to unhide your thread which was earlier hidden by the Antispam bot.

@op, please be careful next time and let us when he delivers the phone.

1 Like

Re: ... by favprec12(f): 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
uboma:

i checked your story. Please note that the mod wasnt responsible for hiding your complaint thread. The Admin and moderators of Nairaland will never encourage scam artists in any way. We encourage members to be mindful of who they transact with and please dont be greedy next time because its only greed that would have prompted you to send him 20k for football betting.

Having said that, i will notify the moderators to unhide your thread which was earlier hidden by the Antispam bot.

@op, please be careful next time and let us when he delivers the phone.
like I said in my story, I've done biz with him and thought he's trustworthy, that's why I was easily scammed by his trick. thanks for ur response
Re: ... by acunon: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Na wah oh

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
so he asked me to meet him at ringroad. i went there waited,it started raining. his number stopped going and i didn't get my phone.

For him to still have the guts to do this has made me more angry.
pls if anyone can help me get where this boy stays,pls if u know him. people like this shouldn't be allowed to get away with things like this
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: ... by acunon: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
chizzily: https://www.nairaland.com/gregswagzz
he has spoilt his reputation in nairaland,bt u shouldnt ve given him d phone initially.i bliv he wil get bck 2 u wit d phone soon wen he starts loosing clients here in nairaland.
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
[quote author=acunon]he has spoilt his reputation in nairaland,bt u shouldnt ve given him d phone initially.i bliv he wil get bck 2 u wit d phone soon wen he starts loosing clients here in nairaland.[/quote
i know and i regret it.
Re: ... by Oreily(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
According to his profile, he was on nairaland about an hour ago...
The dumb Nucca even has his photo all over the place..
Re: ... by nani667: 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
LOL, some people are funny sha.... But I blame the OP sha, giving him your phone was a very wrong move, this is Nigeria... What did you think would happen.....??
Re: ... by uboma(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
chizzily: so he asked me to meet him at ringroad. i went there waited,it started raining. his number stopped going and i didn't get my phone.

For him to still have the guts to do this has made me more angry.
pls if anyone can help me get where this boy stays,pls if u know him. people like this shouldn't be allowed to get away with things like this

i hope u didnt go to wait for him at Ring Road alone. if you did, that was wrong of you. Get some guys to accompany you next time to avoid stories that touch.
Re: ... by Genes1s: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
There is a way 2 handle scammers like him. Go 2 d social medias(expecially facebook), upload his picture with the screenshots of d conversation between u and him and tag 80% of ur friends, tell them to help u like and share it , someone will surely know him,explain everythin that happened alongside the picture. I promise u dat he will beg u 2 av ur phone back.

4 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 27, 2014
he came to my school to give me the phone. he apologized and explained things to me.
Thank you all for your support,i am very grateful.

1 Like

Re: ... by BizBloke(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2014
Thank God for you.
Re: ... by ceejay80s(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2014
He ís still a crook, why did he remove u from whatsapp? Why was his phone off ?
Why did he not contact u?
He returned ur phone because he dosent want to soil his username yet, he is looking for a big maga
for me ,i no go do deal with him even if abraham,jacob & moses come down from heaven & beg me
Re: ... by nani667: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
ceejay80s: He ís still a crook, why did he remove u from whatsapp? Why was his phone off ?
Why did he not contact u?
He returned ur phone because he dosent want to soil his username yet, he is looking for a big maga
for me ,i no go do deal with him even if abraham,jacob & moses come down from heaven & beg me

This is true... He removed you from Whatsapp for a reason... He probably didn't expect you to go this far and spoil his name online..... He's a scammer....!!
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
nani667:

This is true... He removed you from Whatsapp for a reason... He probably didn't expect you to go this far and spoil his name online..... He's a scammer....!!
he claimed he didn't remove me and that he wasn't online then thats why my messages didn't deliver.
Scam or not i am happy i got my Phone . Will be careful next time
Re: ... by uboma(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
chizzily:
he claimed he didn't remove me and that he wasn't online then thats why my messages didn't deliver.
Scam or not i am happy i got my Phone . Will be careful next time

You had better be careful next time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Replace That Broken Screen For Your Ps Vita, Phones And Digital Camera Cheap / My Ugly Experience With Yudala Store Ikeja / Importation Business Of Iphone Nd Laptops In Bulk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.