Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel (4670 Views)

Napoli Bid 15million Euros For Mikel / Inter Table €15m Bid For Mikel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by PepERSprAY: 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2008
Chelsea plans N11.3m weekly pay for Mikel

SUPER Eagles' Chelsea midfielder, John Mikel Obi, is on the verge of signing an N11.3 million a week contract following his commanding performances for the London club this season.

The Sun of London reported yesterday that the Nigerian was in talks over a £60,000-a-week (N11,333,450.13) five-year contract following a string of star displays for the Blues this term. Mikel, 21, still has three years to run on his current £40,000-a-week package but Big Phil Scolari is desperate to tie him down to see off any interest from abroad.

"It has been an ongoing discussion for two weeks now and only a few details remain," Mikel's agent, John Shittu, revealed. "The player is happy at the club and the club also want to commit him to a long-term contract. There is absolutely no problem and both parties are on the right page.

"In a few days everything will be concluded. The player is at the right club, where the fans appreciate him and he also feels at home. Many people questioned his decision to come here but I think now he has proved himself and shown he deserves everything."

Mikel was a bit-part player in his first two seasons at Stamford Bridge. But with Michael Essien out injured, the £16 million star has become a key part of Scolari's new-look regime. Mikel is relishing the role and is now gunning for Roma in tonight's Champions League tussle.

"This is an away game at a very tough ground, it won't be an easy game - but we can fully wrap up qualification if we win," he said. "That makes it important for us. It's been a bumpy Champions League campaign for them this season and that will make them dig for a result.

"We know a win is crucial. It would afford us the luxury of concentrating on the league and other competitions without any distraction. Not so many teams travel to Rome to pick up a win. It has only happened on a few occasions but we are focused and determined to be in that classical league. It's key to maintain the momentum of the past two months.

"We are not only buoyed by the last result in the league but the fact that confidence and team spirit is on an unprecedented high. That is very crucial going into a big game like this."

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/5/7.html
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by dominique(f): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2008
hmm good for him
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by whatnext: 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2008
After yesterday's performance in Rome, he'ld be lucky if they talk about the new deal again.
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by MrCrackles(m): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
whatnext:

After yesterday's performance in Rome, he'ld be lucky if they talk about the new deal again.

nah it would be talked about

he had a bad game yesterday, agreed!

but common sense should tell anyone it doesnt harm his chances of getting rewarded for some consistency and fine displays this season
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by A40(m): 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2008
Chei why didn't i take footie serious ooh i had a mean left peg back in the day but as my people would say i get am before no be property  undecided
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by PepERSprAY: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2008
Chei why didn't i take footie serious ooh i had a mean left peg back in the day but as my people would say i get am before no be property

You won't even make the 2nd 11 in a female team as a man how much less Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by A40(m): 2:39am On Nov 07, 2008
PepERSprAY:

You won't even make the 2nd 11 in a female team as a man how much less Chelsea.
What is this Ogbanje's problem?
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by Raimond(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2008
Maga/Mugu (Chelsea) wan pay---shout alleluya!!! grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel by A40(m): 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2008
Raimond:

Maga/Mugu (Chelsea) wan pay---shout alleluya!!! grin grin grin
Lol Lol i don't think D'Banj should tell us he gets 10mil in a week anymore

(1) (Reply)

Adebayor: King Of Africa Football / Hull City Vs Chelsea [ 1 -1 ] On Tuesday, 2nd February / Zero Risk Betting System For Steady Wins In Any Online Football Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.