Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,609 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. (4493 Views)

Jose Mourinho Is Now 'The Happy One' / Jose Mourinho Is Chelsea’s New Boss / Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Quod: 9:07pm On May 24, 2010
Agreed he breaks records,sets new ones and wins even in the infamous places,but his actions in the past one week has been to say the least obsessive,insensitive and self serving.

Imagine if he was in the shoes of Pelli, what he would have done or at least the way he would have felt?
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by snowdrops(m): 10:27pm On May 24, 2010
He is an egoistic, big-headed, self centred, arrogant, hypocritic drama queen.

There you go. I have said it.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 24, 2010
lol!! BUT a very rich one well thats why people love him he is never dry smiley grin
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by medjai(m): 7:15am On May 25, 2010
Is it Mourinho's fault that he's being courted by Madrid. Pellegrini should know what Madrid is all about. When was the last time they retained a coach over a season? Juande Ramos, Fabio Capello, Bernd Schuster have all been sacked after one season. While I'm not in support of Pellegrini being sacked but then, its the Madrid way
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Spyker: 11:56am On May 25, 2010
Madrid has not worn any major laurel in the last 9 years with all the money they have in their disposal and talent. I really think it is the fault of the coaches. Mourinho has proved that you don't need the world best players to win laurels but a good coach.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by snowdrops(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2010
Spyker:

Madrid has not worn any major laurel in the last 9 years with all the money they have in their disposal and talent. I really think it is the fault of the coaches. Mourinho has proved that you don't need the world best players to win laurels but a good coach.
Is the la liga title now a minor laurel?

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Spyker: 12:02pm On May 25, 2010
snowdrops:

Is the la liga title now a minor laurel?

Yea, you are right, it is a major laurel but when did they win the Champions league last?
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by snowdrops(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2010
In that sense i agree they consider themselves failures. But dont forget real remain the most successful club in champions league history
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by nateevs(m): 9:43pm On May 25, 2010
You still haven't said what JM did to be called "Unfair"
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by bgees(m): 6:03am On May 26, 2010
Spyker:

So the players he coached at Porto, Chelsea and Inter are not world class players?
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by BinghiNya(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2010
He will be sacked in madrid even if he wins a zillion trophies.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by snowdrops(m): 10:06pm On May 26, 2010
BinghiNya:

He will be sacked in madrid even if he wins a zillion trophies.
Very likely outcome. Mourinho is bound to fall out with one of the clubs administrators.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Sauron1: 10:20pm On May 26, 2010
Quod:

Agreed he breaks records,sets new ones and wins even in the infamous places,but his actions in the past one week has been to say the least obsessive,insensitive and self serving.

Imagine if he was in the shoes of Pelli, what he would have done or at least the way he would have felt?

Mourinho epitomises just about everything i dislike with modern day football. It's just never about the football with Jose, is it?
I can't remember a single instance where after a game of football involving him in some way, people were actually talking about what a great game of football it was, or what a great team such and such are, instead of talking about Jose Mourinho.

The spotlight always has to be on him, all the time. Last year for example, everyone was praising Barca(Messi and Xavi), the year before it was all about United(Ronaldo and Vidic).
This year, an equally impressive Inter side have been completely ignored because Mourinho needs to have everyone looking at him instead.

It gets unbelievably tiring, especially with the unbelievably shameless legnths he'll go to to ensure that's the case.
Football should be about football -It shouldn't be about some guy in a suit shouting "LOOK AT ME" 24 hours a day.
I wish him well in La Liga though, it will be interesting to see the clash of egos that is poised to happen in Madrid next season.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by snowdrops(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2010
Its astounding that despite his showmanship he is loved by his players who always remain loyal to him.

I think the image he portrays to the world is not the real him. Deep down he may be a down to earth friendly person.

As stated in the past maybe all the drama is to remove pressure from the players so they can play their football while winding up opponents.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Sauron1: 11:39pm On May 26, 2010
snowdrops:

Its astounding that despite his showmanship he is loved by his players who always remain loyal to him.

I think the image he portrays to the world is not the real him. Deep down he may be a down to earth friendly person.

As stated in the past maybe all the drama is to remove pressure from the players so they can play their football while winding up opponents.

Except that his brash man management style is one of the reasons he doesn't get along with his young players.
It's a big problem. A top class manager needs to nurture young talents and turn them into world class players(one attribute Jose seems to lack).
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by snowdrops(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2010
hmmm

are you refering to balotelli?

but i feel every great manager must have difficulty with at least one or two members in his squad.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Sauron1: 11:49pm On May 26, 2010
snowdrops:

hmmm
are you refering to balotelli?
but i feel every great manager must have difficulty with at least one or two members in his squad.

Mourinho has been man-managing for almost 10 years. . . .
Can you name me one player Jose picked in his teens, polished, nurtured and turned into a world class player?
I cannot think of ANY.

Juliano Belletti Barcelona £3.7m, Florent Malouda Lyon £13.5m, Tal Ben Haim Bolton Free,
Claudio Pizarro Bayern Munich Free, Steve Sidwell Reading Free

Ashley Cole Arsenal £5m, Khalid Boulahrouz Hamburg £7m, John Mikel Obi Man Utd £16m,
Ben Sahar Hapoel Tev Aviv £320,000, Andrei Shevchenko AC Milan £30.8m, Salomon Kalou Feyenoord £8m, Michael Ballack Bayern Munich Free

Michael Essien Lyon £24.4m, Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City £21m
Lassana Diarra Le Havre £1m, Scott Sinclair Bristol Rovers £160,000, Asier Del Horno Athletic Bilbao £8m, Jiri Jarosik CSKA Moscow £4.83m,

Ricardo Carvalho Porto £19.85m, Didier Drogba Marseille £24m, Tiago Benfica £8m, Mateja Kezman PSV Eindhoven £5m, Paulo Ferreira Porto £13.2m

For Porto's winning CL team, Vítor Baía, Ricardo Carvalho, Costinha, Deco, Dmitri Alenichev were all there when Mourinho took over.
These were the KEY players.

It is clear Jose Mourinho does not have the ability to 'find' players.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Akolawole(m): 12:32am On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Mourinho epitomises just about everything i dislike with modern day football. It's just never about the football with Jose, is it?
I can't remember a single instance where after a game of football involving him in some way, people were actually talking about what a great game of football it was, or what a great team such and such are, instead of talking about Jose Mourinho.

It gets unbelievably tiring, especially with the unbelievably shameless legnths he'll go to to ensure that's the case.
Football should be about football -It shouldn't be about some guy in a suit shouting "LOOK AT ME" 24 hours a day.
I wish him well in La Liga though, it will be interesting to see the clash of egos that is poised to happen in Madrid next season.

# If people keep talking about him instead of the game, was it his fault?

#For years on this forum(sports section in particular), you are one of 3 main members that makes it happen, do you ask people to show that recognition? No. You just become that because you deserve that.

# When Dayo launched the other thread, instead of him to create it along Inter milan's failure, he chose to use JM. If JM receive the bashing, he must receive the glory as well.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Akolawole(m): 12:39am On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Except that his brash man management style is one of the reasons[b] he doesn't get along with his young players[/b].
It's a big problem. A top class manager needs to nurture young talents and turn them into world class players(one attribute Jose seems to lack).

But i have never seen JM punching or throwing boot at his players but we've seen your Coach doing countless to the tune of asking them the choice of wife tongue

Have a look at this link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/2771851.stm

Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Akolawole(m): 1:33am On May 27, 2010
@Le Chacal

While agree with you that JM never nurture any player but you must remember Maniche. Dont you?

Back to SAF, when he took over in United, Didn't he made major signings in 1987-88?

How many major signings does he made in 89/90? Even the record signing grin

## Keep it coming, i have your time b4 i go on sabbatical grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Sauron1: 2:02am On May 27, 2010
Akolawole:

# If people keep talking about him instead of the game, was it his fault?

He puts himself in a position where people must talk about him.
What's the meaning of the dramatics he displayed @ Nou Camp? Would SAF/Wenger do that because they managed to beat Barcelona?
Letz be honest. . . . .U must admit Jose is a [i]c[/i]unt.

#For years on this forum(sports section in particular), you are one of 3 main members that makes it happen, do you ask people to show that recognition? No. You just become that because you deserve that.

Abeg, nor compare me with Mourinho.
His attitude always scream ME!! ME!!! ME!!!!
It's never about the team, it's always about him.

While i appreciate the way he takes the pressure off his players before big games by shifting the media focus onto him; when the game is won he should sit back and let the players bask in the glory of what they've accomplished.

# When Dayo launched the other thread, instead of him to create it along Inter milan's failure, he chose to use JM. If JM receive the bashing, he must receive the glory as well.

He chose to use JM because he wanted to know if Jose was a genius or a fluke.
The thread had to centre on Jose not Inter Milan.

Akolawole:

But i have never seen JM punching or throwing boot at his players but we've seen your Coach doing countless to the tune of asking them the choice of wife tongue

Jose doesn't need to punch or throw boots at his players. . . . . .His mouth does that for him.
Did he not say Carvalho had no IQ. Did he not blast Balotelli in front of the media.
Remember what he said about Anders Frisk(the match official of the Barca V Chelsea match in 2005)??
What about his various fines in Italy and this one in particular @ the millennium stadium. . . .

Akolawole:

@Le Chacal
While agree with you that JM never nurture any player but you must remember Maniche. Dont you?

So Maniche is a world class player? grin grin grin grin

Back to SAF, when he took over in United, Didn't he made major signings in 1987-88?

What major signings? SAF had to get rid of the useless players in United back in the days.
They were all alcoholics - they skipped training sessions and their general fitness was nothing to write home about so there was a massive CLEAROUT.

How many major signings does he made in 89/90? Even the record signing grin

This is like citing Aston Villa or SPURS making major signings. . . . .
After all said and done - Fergie won a league title for United after 26 years since they last clinched it.
He's won TREBLE for Man Utd and he won 2 UCL titles without losing any game throughout the competition in 99 and 2008.

Show me a manager with the same track record and i will show you a dinosaur in Molete(Ibadan). grin
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by dayokanu(m): 3:17pm On May 27, 2010
Can you name me one player Jose picked in his teens, polished, nurtured and turned into a world class player?
I cannot think of ANY.

The nosediving career of Davide Santon also butresses your point
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by hustler(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2010
dayokanu:

The nosediving career of Davide Santon also butresses your point

Come on. Who gave Santon his chance Is it his fault the boy lost focus and started clubbing?? Is it his fault that he was injured for majority of the campaign Or is it his fault that he already has four world class defenders in his first team?

Stop hating on this man and accord him his respect even if you dont like him. I dont like the man too but i have been forced to respect his achievements. Now it's about not nurturing young talent Guys please abeg, Is that supposed to be his core function when most teams that require his services since he left Porto do so because they are chasing titles,

Get it he is a TITLE WINNER and not a youth team coach or youth scout abeg and coaches are remembered best for winning and not developing talent,
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by A40(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2010
Mourinho just can't win with y'all. He took a mediocre Porto without any notable world class player to European domination in 3 years and without spending a freight-liner of cash. Inter who where European nobodies have been led to the promise land in two seasons by this same man. His brief at every club has been to win titles with little or no time for experimentation but simpletons would never understand. Is it Mourinho's fault that Pellegrini went trophyless after 260million euros blown?
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 28, 2010
@A-40,
It's not his fault that Real decided to buy players he largely didn't need for him either.
Kaka did nawt,Benzema was a misnomer last season,ahead of a host of players.
Pellegrini wasn't asked who in particular he wanted.He was basically going to go for modest to unknowns in terms of signings if his track record at Villareal is anything to go by,which isn't Real's style.
When a coach leads you to your record points haul in La Liga with a team that basically isn't his,think of what he might have done f he was given time to build his squad,but then he might be faulted for even accepting the Real job
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Sauron1: 2:34pm On May 28, 2010
Eastbay:

@A-40,
It's not his fault that Real decided to buy players he largely didn't need for him either.
Kaka did nawt,Benzema was a misnomer last season,ahead of a host of players.
Pellegrini wasn't asked who in particular he wanted.He was basically going to go for modest to unknowns in terms of signings if his track record at Villareal is anything to go by,which isn't Real's style.
When a coach leads you to your record points haul in La Liga with a team that basically isn't his,think of what he might have done f he was given time to build his squad,but then he might be faulted for even accepting the Real job

Pellegrini even did beyond my expectations.
96 points and 102 goals scored. . . . . .He would win every other league in the world with that final standing.
I have no doubt in ma mind he could win it next season if he had stayed. . . . .
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by A40(m): 4:45pm On May 28, 2010
@Eastbay
Maybe it was not Pellegrini's fault not like i was blaming him but the headline of this thread is rather distasteful don't you think?? Pellegrini perhaps didn't do enough he did lose both Classicos,lost to a division 3 or was it 4 team in the Copa Del Rey and then failed to lead em past the 2nd round of the UCL for the umpteenth time so you really wouldn't see Madrid keeping him cos he's not exactly been a success. Real Madrid hired him and not Mourinho so why not direct the blame to Real's front office? Anyways they deserve each other IMO so why are peeps sweating the technique
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 28, 2010
@A-40,
Pellegrini isn't the first REal coach to lose to lower division side.Madrid under Capello,Schuster and co never went past the second round of the UCL as well so it's nothing new.If those are the only excuse they have to sack him,then they are pathetic.
I know the Real Barca rivalry is perhaps out of this world,but losing twice to a rival in a single season happens everywhere in the world.Barca didn't panic during the early 2000s when real kept winning the classicos.
Truth is,Pellegrini didn't work with a team of his own making.He might not have been the glamour/poster boy Real were looking for,but the club shoulda given him time to gel the egos together.
I agree that the heading might be inadequate/inappropriate,but in the flow of the discussion,Real probably don't deserve anyhting good from the way they treat coaches.
I only hope Mourinho knows what is waiting for him&Real know what they've got on their hands.Cus the dude has to offload a number of players to play in his likeness and image.Still don't see him overhauling Barcelona in Spain.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by A40(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2010
@Eastbay
Capello and Schuster won their leagues FYI and probably didn't spend as much as has been spent in the Pellegrini era so we can't call him a success. You also should realize that a manager's lifespan in Spain is notoriously short e.g someone like Moyes woulda been sacked for his poor start at Everton regardless. Barca sacked Rijkaard even after 2 League titles and a UCL and only signed Pep on a 2 year deal! Who knows if Pep woulda gotten another look if he wasn't so successful? I am sure Mourinho knows whats at stake and i'm sure if he leads Madrid to the UCL he would quit the post ASAP so it would be a case of cunning man die cunning man bury am
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Nobody: 7:20am On May 29, 2010
^^^^
Points on Schuster and Capello all noted,but it still doesn't add up to sacking Pellegrini.
Remember,he basically had no input in majority of the signings brought in (Ronaldo,Benzema,Kaka to mention a few names).
He achieved Real's biggest points total with a squad that wasn't primarily his in his first season.In my view,he was unfairly sacked.
Lifespans are short in Spain for coaches,I agree,but Barca's case was one of a clear-out of a side that had become complacent and had gone two seasons without winning La Liga.Rijkaard didn't have a grip on the dressing room as Ronaldinho,Etoó and Deco assumed figures as head of sects in the team resulting in poor form on the pitch which ultimately cost him his job and the rebuilding of the Barca squad in 2008.Before then,Rijkaard finished second in 2003/4 but Barca were prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt to bring success which he did eventually.
Barca in the early 2000s never panicked when the galcticos and Valencia were dominant on the local and European front by signing the next available high-profile coach because they knew they had a great youth system (which Real once had but have now abandoned) that would come through later on.I think Real need to find a better approach to the game other than sporadic hiring/firing of high-profile managers and buying every big name in sight.
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Akolawole(m): 3:05am On May 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

1) He puts himself in a position where people must talk about him.

2) What about his various fines in Italy.

3) So Maniche is a world class player? grin grin grin grin

4) What major signings? SAF had to get rid of the useless players in United back in the days.
They were all alcoholics - they skipped training sessions and their general fitness was nothing to write home about so there was a massive CLEAROUT.

1) People chose to talk about him in their own volition, since last week, every newspaper MUST say something about him to sell their papers.

2) SAF is a world record holder in fines but his "people" will NEVER confess that on NL grin

3) Even though we have many Djemba-jembas grin but Manich is world class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2IludLmpCk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntiS2tFvjIM&feature=related

4) The fact remains he bought so many players in the first two years in charge yet win nothing. tongue
Re: Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. by Ibime(m): 9:13am On May 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

I cannot think of ANY.

"I like players in the final part of their careers. They are players that you buy and you won't recover this money, but if they give you good performances for two or three years you've got your money's worth. Both (Gerrard and Lampard) are great players who always give everything." - Jose Mourinho

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/7782135/Jose-Mourinho-overstepped-mark-in-pursuit-of-Steven-Gerrard-says-Phil-Thompson.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Stoke City (4 - 2) On Saturday 20th October 2012 / Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon / Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.