Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? (658 Views)

Home On The Rock. / Looking To Furnish Your Family Home On A Budget ? See Items For Sale Here. / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? by moscobabs(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2014
Personally I have not seen anything bad in it,but my friends and family have been pointing bad finger at me for making my daughter sad for taking her to the Orphanage home on Tuesday 23rd of sept which happen to be my 5years old daughter birthday.
My intention was to let her see her birthday as a grace and give glory back to GOD realizing that there are some people that are suffering as she is rejoicing on her blissful birthday, but her spirit was totally dull since the day and she wept and sober through out the day.

please sir/ma. Is anything wrong in this ??
Re: Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? by EfemenaXY: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Yes. Very wrong.

Your intention(s) may have been noble, but you went about it the completely wrong way. She's only five and just a kid. Don't take her childhood away from her by forcing her to grow up too quickly. There is more than enough time for that.

You know, when watching programs on tv for example, you'll notice that the way certain messages with very adult themes are presented to little ones is done so with a lot of tact. Don't get me wrong, the underlying message will still be there, only that it would be "watered down" to suit the child's age, to a form they can comfortably deal with.

The way children handle and process information is very different to how adults will. You got that reaction from her because it was way too much, too graphic for her to cope with. What preparations did you put in place for her, ahead of the visit? Or did you just drop her in on it?

Re: Prision visit for your 5 year old daughter...are you serious? You want to (or have already taken her?) to see hardened criminals behind bars??

Pray do tell, what will be the purpose of that for one so young? Or have you got a family member serving time behind bars? Aside from demonstrating to errant teenagers what could happen to them in real life if they choose to walk on a crooked path - you know, as a sort of wake-up call - I fail to see the purpose of why you or any other parent should consider such.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? by kreamidiva(f): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Sensible post at Efe.

I remember Kanwulia saying something like : "i don't make decisions for my kids. I give them choices".

Did you consult your 5 yr old to know if that was what she wanted for her birthday or you took the decision yourself and imposed it on the poor girl?

I think there are age-appropriate things and places to go on a girl's fifth birthday. Next time, try asking her what she wants first.
Re: Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? by moscobabs(m): 9:37am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY: Yes. Very wrong.

Your intention(s) may have been noble, but you went about it the completely wrong way. She's only five and just a kid. Don't take her childhood away from her by forcing her to grow up too quickly. There is more than enough time for that.

You know, when watching programs on tv for example, you'll notice that the way certain messages with very adult themes are presented to little ones is done so with a lot of tact. Don't get me wrong, the underlying message will still be there, only that it would be "watered down" to suit the child's age, to a form they can comfortably deal with.

The way children handle and process information is very different to how adults will. You got that reaction from her because it was way too much, too graphic for her to cope with. What preparations did you put in place for her, ahead of the visit? Or did you just drop her in on it?

Re: Prision visit for your 5 year old daughter...are you serious? You want to (or have already taken her?) to see hardened criminals behind bars??

Pray do tell, what will be the purpose of that for one so young? Or have you got a family member serving time behind bars? Aside from demonstrating to errant teenagers what could happen to them in real life if they choose to walk on a crooked path - you know, as a sort of wake-up call - I fail to see the purpose of why you or any other parent should consider such.

hunnnnmmmm!!!! ..what a message. I regret the action.Thank u ma/sir for this light
Re: Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? by moscobabs(m): 9:37am On Sep 26, 2014
kreamidiva: Sensible post at Efe.

I remember Kanwulia saying something like : "i don't make decisions for my kids. I give them choices".

Did you consult your 5 yr old to know if that was what she wanted for her birthday or you took the decision yourself and imposed it on the poor girl?

I think there are age-appropriate things and places to go on a girl's fifth birthday. Next time, try asking her what she wants first.

alrite thanks ma.
Re: Visiting Prison And Orphanage Home On Your Kids Birthday..good/bad..???? by Kanwulia: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
kreamidiva: Sensible post at Efe.

Amen to that!
Give children choices. . . .aka CLUES!
The can never become BULLIES like their control-freakish parents! kiss

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Safe Is Your Child? / Missed $13.5 Million By 7 Seconds... / Photos- Nairalanders This Lady Needs Your Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.