Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter (23766 Views)

Home On The Rock. / The Impact Of A Broken Home On A Child / Looking To Furnish Your Family Home On A Budget ? See Items For Sale Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by stecy4real: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
Don’t get caught in a web of bad decisions. A woman in Hutchinson, Kansas, is charged with arson after police say she set her home on fire during an attempt to kill a spider, the Hutchinson News reports. Ginny M. Griffith, 34, told officers she used a cigarette lighter to set some towels on fire around 1:30 a.m., Friday. She was hoping to catch the little arachnid with the flaming towels and burn it to death, according to WTSP. It’s unclear if she ever caught the spider, but the fire that resulted did necessitate intervention from the fire department. Five units were summoned and managed to control the fire, which they said had multiple points of origin, within a matter of minutes. Griffith’s aggravated arson charge stems from the fact that the other half of the duplex was occupied when the blaze began. No one, besides potentially the spider, was injured in the fire and the building only suffered light smoke damage.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by breadplanets(f): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
Na spiderman be that o. Poor woman.
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by ahnie: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
penny wise pound foolish.

#ayam not the greedy type....thanks to those that liked my comment.
GRACIAS.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by crackhaus: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
Arachnophobia at its worst grin

3 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Dygeasy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
Well, with a good lawyer she should be pardoned on grounds of foolishness and 'mumuness'

13 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by cococandy(f): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
Cockroaches have that effect on me.
I don't blame her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
Was she under the influence of alcohol or drugs? Cos it takes a certain level of stuupid to set several towels on fire inside your house shocked shocked shocked just to catch a spider. Unbelievable.

20 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
What she should have used a slipper or shoe to kill,she used a lighter? She for kukuma use bomb na?

Smh

41 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Ishilove: 3:44am On Jul 02, 2014
stecy4real: Don’t get caught in a web of bad decisions. A woman in Hutchinson, Kansas, is charged with arson after police say she set her home on fire during an attempt to kill a spider, the Hutchinson News reports. Ginny M. Griffith, 34, told officers she used a cigarette lighter to set some towels on fire around 1:30 a.m., Friday. She was hoping to catch the little arachnid with the flaming towels and burn it to death, according to WTSP. It’s unclear if she ever caught the spider, but the fire that resulted did necessitate intervention from the fire department. Five units were summoned and managed to control the fire, which they said had multiple points of origin, within a matter of minutes. Griffith’s aggravated arson charge stems from the fact that the other half of the duplex was occupied when the blaze began. No one, besides potentially the spider, was injured in the fire and the building only suffered light smoke damage.
ROTFL!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by jnrbayano(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2014
The womans brains went on leave. Not her fault.

"Onye oku na-agba be ya adiro achu oke" an igbo person would say translating to "if your house is on fire, you wouldn't even concive in your mind to start chasing rat within the house"

But this woman's profound foolishness made her employ fire to catch spider for her.

Incredible!

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 02, 2014
berem: What she should have used a slipper or shoe to kill,she used a lighter? She for kukuma use bomb na?

Smh
you tink say na kpako lyk u?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by bitterpenis(m): 7:15am On Jul 02, 2014
Smh....she for kuku set trap for the spider......ode woman

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 02, 2014
American madness.btw...#Welcome Back Home! After their return from
Brazil world kup,super
eagles players were
ashamed of their failure
that they decided to
disguise themselves so as not to be recognised...
Mikel disguised himself as a
monk. While walking on
the streets of
Lagos,suddenly, an old lady walked up to him &
said,
''Hi, Mikel!'' Amazed &
annoyed that an old Lady
had seen through his
disguise,he went back & dressed like a Mallam.
Again he bumped into the
same old lady & she
said:''where re u going to,
Mikel?''
Konfused & puzzled,he asked, ''but how did you
recognise me Mama?''
The old lady laughed out
loud & said,''are u stupid or
what? Oloshi. Its me,
Yobo.''

25 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by dew1: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2014
Difference is clear.. Some of our naija girls for even use their hand sef..

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by youngice(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2014
nairaland needs serious rebuilding,look at how many people online
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by sEGXY2(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
Mumu woman
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by hydeka: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
this is like killing a mosquito with a gun

4 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Guykhena(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
I don't know what's with women and their phobia of creeping things...

But na wa for this woman o,lighter? She's definitely a smoke addict,,,,Just saying....
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
Women with their fear fear nature nw see where it has landed this one
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by younggerrard(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
spider no die house burn after una go claim say una get sense....fools
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Talon05: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Very typical of a woman kmft.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by XVIER(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by goddyjay(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
She's soooo dump trying to kill a spider with a lighter, whatever happened to insecticides......

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by scribble: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2014
dumb broad
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Cecediva(f): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2014
Why lighter when you can use a gun to do the job. mumu cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by nifemi25(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
Since its not my father's house . it doesn't consign Me. I beg next page pls

1 Like

Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by DesChyko: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
Play play woman angry
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by ednut1(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
fish Brain
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by roxell120(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
is dis news from joke forum?
Re: Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2014
oya clap for urself.....well done!!! thank u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.