Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. (1830 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 / Nigerian Intelligence Arrests Biafran Separatist Leader - ABC NEWS / GMB As Head Of State In 1983 Vs Buhari As President In 2015 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2014
Steve Shephards, an ABC News reporter had this to say of Buhari in a news report in 1983.

"Nigeria today owes foreign creditors more than $14billion. Unemployment is rampant. Civil servants have been going without pay. Last year in an effort to deal with rising discontent, president Shagari expelled some 1.7 million Ghanains who had been brought into Nigeria as workers but began competing with locals for jobs as the economy started to decline.

And last week Shagari announced a new austerity budget which would have cut food subsidies and other government programmes. That apparently was too much for the military. Its leaders believe Nigerian civilian rulers were not just incompetent but also corrupt. It overthrew Shagari and promised to clean up the government.

Nigerian new leader GMB is known to Western observers. He is considered intelligent, conservative and free from corruption. A western oriented pragmatist. For that reason, US officials have hope that the new Nigerian government will work to maintain good relations with the US.

Because of its influence in Africa and because of its oil, those relations are considered extremely important here.

Steve Shepards. ABC News, The State Department."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Tuche!! Haters, food is ready!! cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Ediskcab(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2014
My Brother, u cn only try bt I bet u some of them will choose to bury dia heads in shit for ever.

For some of us, we nw know d TRUTH.

We say no to religious and ethnic bigotry/sentiments.

Buhari / Fashola com 2015 we pray.

3 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by mistudreh(m): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2014
On your mandate, we shall stand!
On your mandate, we shall stand!!
On your mandate, General
On your mandate, we shall stand!!!

#IsupportBuhari
APC..... CHANGE!!!

7 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by mistudreh(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2014
Ediskcab: My Brother, u cn only try bt I bet u some of them will choose to bury dia heads in shit for ever.

Bro, I no tink dat ticket go work.... Both are muslims, don't let those mumu take that against us.
Buhari/Oyinlola... Consultations are going on underneath seriously.
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2014
GMB was a gallant patriotic military officer in his day's in the Military
Today he is among the few Charismatic leader's of our Nation with clean record
Sai BaBa mai Gaskiya

7 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2014
Ediskcab: My Brother, u cn only try bt I bet u some of them will choose to bury dia heads in shit for ever.

They suffer from JonaTANoid syndrome. We can only pray for their recovery.

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 11:31am On Sep 26, 2014
The difference between the fans and supporters of Buhari and those of other politicians is that they support the General not because they have been financially induced to do so or look forward to some form of material gratification, but because they believe in his dream and vision for a better, proud and more prosperous Nigeria.

God bless Buhari!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 26, 2014
mistudreh:
Bro, I no tink dat ticket go work.... Both are muslims, don't let those mumu take that against us.
Buhari/Oyinlola... Consultations are going on underneath seriously.
If Oyinlola is on the ballot then I will sit at home and encourage people to do same....
I don't think APC will be foolish to put a man that failed TWO times as State CEO in the team. First, Oyinlola failed Woefully as Military Administrator of Lagos State. He failed woefully as Osun State Governor. Abeg o...

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Omen100(m): 11:34am On Sep 26, 2014
good one.

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Janedoe26(f): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2014
h

3 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2014
And what happened afterwards? Nigeria got worse under Buhari. Imagine our president calling us indisciplined. Which other government talk down to its people with disdain?

The fact is that Buhari is a serial loser. Lost three contests in a row. He is not getting younger. And he has ruled before. Nigeria is not made up of only Buhari. He should respect himself and retire.

2 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Janedoe26: I wish Nigerians can set aside all religious and tribal sentiments. Is has taken us nowhere. Buhari/Fashola hmmm nt bad at all. But would Nigerians let it?
My sister just play your part by casting your ballot in favour of APC and leave the rest to God. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by grafikii: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: And what happened afterwards? Nigeria got worse under Buhari. Imagine our president calling us indisciplined. Which other government talk down to its people with disdain?

The fact is that Buhari is a serial loser. Lost three contests in a row. He is not getting younger. And he has ruled before. Nigeria is not made up of only Buhari. He should respect himself and retire.
How do losing elections make him bad? Talk about indiscipline

4 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by gratieao: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2014

Buhari/Fashola ticket is impossible. Infact it's possible for discrimination and hatred to vanish and world peace become a reality than Buhari/fashola ticket. Buhari ticket is dead on arrival whil Muslim/Muslim ticket is suicidal
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: And what happened afterwards? Nigeria got worse under Buhari. Imagine our president calling us indisciplined. Which other government talk down to its people with disdain?

I thank satan for your "wisdom". Cheers.
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Descartes: 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2014

Dead on Arrival in this present dispensation.
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
God bless GMB!

5 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by glory2glory: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
omenka: The difference between the fans and supporters of Buhari and those of other politicians is that they support the General not because they have been financially induced to do so or look forward to some form of material gratification, but because they believe in his dream and vision for a better, proud and more prosperous Nigeria God bless Buhari!!

You are very correct!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
berem: God bless GMB!

That's it. He's doomed then.
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by donphilopus: 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
omenka: The difference between the fans and supporters of Buhari and those of other politicians is that they support the General not because they have been financially induced to do so or look forward to some form of material gratification, but because they believe in his dream and vision for a better, proud and more prosperous Nigeria.

God bless Buhari!!

Bros, how did you know all these sef?! You've said it all joor. Not like those TANoids!

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Sibabasibaba1: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
It's a shame that some people are campaigning for someone who subverted the will of the people 31 years ago to ruin Nigeria again. Buhari the coupist and dictator does not like Nigerian youths. If he did, he would give them a chance. What will he be discussing with his grand children?

What ideas does he even have? What is his vision for Nigeria? Do you expect a near octagenarian to have sny vision?

He truncated democracy and never had any plan to return power to civilians in the 18 months he held sway as a maximum ruiner. Contrast it with Abdulsalam Abubarkar who midwifed a transition program in just 9 months.

Anyhow, he will lose again. His candidature makes the job easy for PDP. He is their custormer. I only pray that he doesn't send his boys in the north to kill southern corps members in tbe north and loot southerners shops there when he loses again.
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by omenka(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, how did you know all these sef?! You've said it all joor. Not like those TANoids!
Only those inured to lies wouldn't know that is the case. Buhari is not a money bag and can't afford the expenses of a typical Nigerian politician. All he has to offer is his service, and his integrity does all the marketing for him!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by donphilopus: 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
omenka: Only those inured to lies wouldn't know that is the case. Buhari is not a money bag and can't afford the expenses of a typical Nigerian politician. All he has to offer if his service, and his integrity does all the marketing for him!!

That's it.

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by mistudreh(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
barcanista: If Oyinlola is on the ballot then I will sit at home and encourage people to do same....
I don't think APC will be foolish to put a man that failed TWO times as State CEO in the team. First, Oyinlola failed Woefully as Military Administrator of Lagos State. He failed woefully as Osun State Governor. Abeg o...
C'mon bro... Oyinlola did his best during his first term, he was just too desperate to make his second term then. In politics, you have no permanent friend or enemy!
Buhari is a Muslim, SW should provide Christian or better still Ameachi for VP or do you think the SW will vote APC without any tangible position?
Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
Janedoe26: I wish Nigerians can set aside all religious and tribal sentiments. Is has taken us nowhere. Buhari/Fashola hmmm nt bad at all. But would Nigerians let it?

Why not Fashola / Buhari? Must the Northerners come first in this country? Must they exhibit their 'born to rule' mentality? I dont have a problem with the candidates, i'll like to see Buhari perform his magic in a democracy, i just dont want a Northerner as my President until they learn to co-exist peacefully with other tribes and understand that Nigeria is for all of us.

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by worthytalk: 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Buhari can never never rule Nigeria again. I am not a prophet but on this I can bet my family.

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by olapluto(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
October 8...Eagles square Abuja.

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by agabusta: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2014

I prefer a Buhari/Oshiomole. This I believe will be a no-nonsense pair that will cleanse the poo left behind by PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Awwal1st(m): 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Because he has already WIN the election go for it Buhari, President Of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ABC News Reporter On Buhari In 1983. by Awwal1st(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
worthytalk: Buhari can never never rule Nigeria again. I am not a prophet but on this I can bet my family.
So your family are so useless that you can bet failure on them? Am sorry for you dude. .. We aren't supporting PDP, If you're talking about religious view the last Campaign was with Tunde Bakare and WTF are you saying, You better go and sleep may be you've been drunk..
#Buhari 2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker / Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola & Clinton Hail GEJ (Pic ) / Undergraduate Nurses Cryout For Implementation Of Their Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.