Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. (2288 Views)

The Undiluted Truth ....jonathan's Administration Was The Best Since 1960. / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana / 'People Have Deserted Aso Rock Because I'm Going' - Jonathan Speaks Emotionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
i have listen carefully when both of them speaks and of the truth Jonathan speaks English better than Buhari.

Buhari spoken English is poor compared to Jonathan. i hardly understand what Buhari is saying when he is talking. i mean the pronunciation, intonation and so on. this will definitely be a big blow to him if he emerge as the president of Nigeria.

let us not argue this. Jonathan's spoken English is better. nevertheless, i will vote for him if i know he will deliver. spoken English is not an hindrance.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by tinuolababy(f): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Op, your english is worse. Check out your tenses and punctuations. cheesy cheesy wondering how your spoken english would sound with this wink.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
tinuolababy: Op, your english is worse. Check out your tenses and punctuations. cheesy cheesy wink
pls u hv 2 listen 2 d man before u bombard me. beside, i did nt say written English but spoken English. and it will be wrong 4 u 2 conclude dat i will write formally this way.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by slimfit1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
So now Jonathan is an English man now
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: pls u hv 2 listen 2 d man before u bombard me. beside, i did nt say written English but spoken English. and it will be wrong 4 u 2 conclude dat i will write formally this way.
let's talk about brains! Intelligence! Ok?
Shey buhari na English man?
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: let's talk about brains! Intelligence! Ok?
whether English or not i dnt care. Jonathan speaks better that's all.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
slimfit1: So now Jonathan is an English man now
he speaks English fluently than Buhari. tell me it is not true.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
And is that the most important quality of a leader?.Because i don't see how this helps the common man.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
". . . people will feel one kain", "America will know", are some of the blunders made by Jonathan. Who can point out any made by Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Mogidi: 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Buhari is capable of communicating using Hausa only, be prepared to hear your C-in-C blabbing hausa if he wins.
The man should continue with his previous job of exporting magani burutashi.
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by A7(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mogidi: Buhari is capable of communicating using Hausa only, be prepared to hear your C-in-C blabbing hausa if he wins.

Tsohonka baya iya kusantar jatima sai yasha wancan maganin.
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by MeAboki(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
tinuolababy: Op, your english is worse. Check out your tenses and punctuations. cheesy cheesy wondering how your spoken spoken english would sound with this wink.

LOL, don't mind him - a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Check out his last sentence (not AN hindrance) i.e. using 'an' before the word hindrance, as if the spelling of the latter begins with one of the vowels.

I bet the omo Englishman doesn't know of that rule - a common mistake among many of our so called educated illitrates cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by size38: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
Even GEJ does not speak sound English. GEJ shivers anytime he is facing the media. If it is English, Nigeria would have grown pass the level we are as a nation. Watch programs on national TVs, public discussions, public debates etc we see Nigerians speaking high level grammar from Independence till date. Yet, we are still where we are. What we need is not who speaks better English, but that man/woman with strong character and vision, because if its for Speaking good English, GEJ won't be the president when we have Wole Soyinka, Patrick Oghbayegbon etc.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Jonathanians always looking for a reason dis credit the peoples General
English ke turanci banza

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ikengawo: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: ". . . people will feel one kain", "America will know", are some of the blunders made by Jonathan. Who can point out any made by Buhari.

"America will know" is in no way a grammatical blunder what so ever. Buhari still calls Nigerian Nihshjiria
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
MeAboki:

LOL, don't mind him - a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Check out his last sentence (not AN hindrance) i.e. using 'an' before the word hindrance, as if the spelling of the latter begins with one of the vowels.

I bet the omo Englishman doesn't know of that rule - a common mistake among many of our so called educated illitrates cheesy
can u show me omo in the dictionary? i thought u would have done better?

by the way, learn how to spell 'illiterate' correctly next time before correcting people.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ibnsultan: Jonathanians always looking for a reason dis credit the peoples General
English ke turanci banza
u mean discredit and people's?
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by tijjanioyan: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
If d present first lady were hausa,ppl should imagine what would be d headlines our national dailies.
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
tinuolababy: Op, your english is worse. Check out your tenses and punctuations. cheesy cheesy wondering how your spoken spoken english would sound with this wink.

is the OP running for President of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: let's talk about brains! Intelligence! Ok?

How will he lead if he can not communicate his ideas to the country and if the country is not proud of his communication skills?

Jonathan is not a great speaker either but the Next President after Jonathan should be better than Jonathan not worse! And thats not too much to ask!

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
INSTINCTS: And is that the most important quality of a leader?.Because i don't see how this helps the common man.

How can a leader champion a vision and take a country in a fundamentally new direction if he cant communicate with his people?

Yes communication is key to leadership

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Ikengawo:

"America will know" is in no way a grammatical blunder what so ever. Buhari still calls Nigerian Nihshjiria
Yes, it's grammatically wrong, it's a wrong statement.
Your problem of obsession with Buhari's "poor English" is your lack of language. Buhari speaks English (L2) with Fulani (L1) accent just as Jonathan does with Ijaw (L2).
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by lanrefront1(m): 9:40am On Sep 27, 2014
Mogidi: Buhari is capable of communicating using Hausa only, be prepared to hear your C-in-C blabbing hausa if he wins.

Your hatred and intense criticism of Buhari has no logic other than you are a paid agent working for your pay to malign and assassinate the character of the General.

There is not a single shred of evidence against this man of being a terrorist, yet you keep repeating the same thing day in and day out.

If you doing good or bad, God knows will definitely give you the appropriate reward for the work of your hand.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by donphilopus: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2014
Ukutsgp: I have listen listened carefully when both of them speaks speak and of the truth Jonathan speaks English better than Buhari.

Buhari spoken English is poor compared to Jonathan. i hardly understand what Buhari is saying when he is talking. i mean the pronunciation, intonation and so on. this will definitely be a big blow to him if he emerge emerges as the president of Nigeria.

let us not argue this. Jonathan's spoken English is better. nevertheless, i will vote for him if i know he will deliver. spoken English is not an a hindrance.

Your major concern now should be how to work on your written English. Forget about Buhari and Jonathan. No sane fellow would say Goodluck, the so-called PhD Holder speaks better than Buhari. Like I've earlier said, you shouldn't expect an Igbo boy to say “Up Chelsea”, instead of their usual “Hope Chail---see”. Accent is different from inability to comprehend or speak a language fluently!
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2014
donphilopus:

Your major concern now should be how to work on your written English. Forget about Buhari and Jonathan. No sane fellow would say Goodluck, the so-called PhD Holder speaks better than Buhari. Like I've earlier said, you shouldn't expect an Igbo boy to say “Up Chelsea”, instead of their usual “Hope Chail---see”.Accent is different from inability to comprehend a speak a language fluently!
how does this stops Buhari from pronouncing Nigeria as Nijirha?

u can also correct urself.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Ukutsgp: u mean discredit and people's?
Puck u

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2014
Ibnsultan: Puck u
u want to shoot urself on the foot again?
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by hercules07: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2014
mikeansy:

How can a leader champion a vision and take a country in a fundamentally new direction if he cant communicate with his people?

Yes communication is key to leadership

He led before and his economic policies were sound for the time, carriage is more important than your accent, nobody understands GEJ's english at the UN.
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
hercules07:

He led before and his economic policies were sound for the time, carriage is more important than your accent, nobody understands GEJ's english at the UN.

Don't even make a joke

Buhari has no clue on economics!
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by egokudiowomoney: 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ukutsgp: i have listen carefully when both of them speaks and of the truth Jonathan speaks English better than Buhari.

Buhari spoken English is poor compared to Jonathan. i hardly understand what Buhari is saying when he is talking. i mean the pronunciation, intonation and so on. this will definitely be a big blow to him if he emerge as the president of Nigeria.

let us not argue this. Jonathan's spoken English is better. nevertheless, i will vote for him if i know he will deliver. spoken English is not an hindrance.

Is it spoken English that determine how competence a president is?there are lot of presidents in this world that don't even speak English at all and they are not clueless like your incumbent president.If GEJ like let him speak English like Queen of England or Barak Obama,what I know is that he shall be voted out come 2015.
Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
I am not a Buhari man, but when it comes to spoken english I give it to the General!
During the early Chibok-girls problem, GEJ did a Radio/TV national program(or was it an address?), BBC broadcasted a clip of the program and TRANSCRIBE GEJ words on the screen, in english while GEJ was speaking in english! That showed some people, at least in BBC, could not understand GEJ spoken english! But I have never seen Buhari's words transcribed like that on TV!

1 Like

Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
I am not a Buhari man, but when it comes to spoken english I give it to the General!
During the early Chibok-girls problem, GEJ did a Radio/TV national program(or was it an address?), BBC broadcasted a clip of the program and TRANSCRIBED GEJ words on the screen, in english while GEJ was speaking in english! That showed some people, at least in BBC, could not understand GEJ spoken english! But I have never seen Buhari's words transcribed like that on TV!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Young Jonathan,buhari And Others..! / Buhari Tasks Jonathan On Railway: Show Us The Proof / Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.