Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? (22424 Views)

Windows 10 Release Date Finally Announced, Will Be Available Globally On July 29 / What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? / 100 Solar Panels Available Now In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by godsonarablord: 11:44am On Sep 27, 2014
PapaNnamdi: a wife material detector

women to dey well behaved.. grin
PapaNnamdi: a wife material detector

women to dey well behaved..
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2014
A flying carpet, a drying machine with the fold button and fone whose battery doesn't run out
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Bwaal(m): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2014
tinuolababy: A device that I will tell what I want to eat and will cook it perfectly. That's all cheesy cheesy
u must b d lazy house wife chinua achebe was talking abt

1 Like

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Lilaex: 11:51am On Sep 27, 2014
godsonarablord:

Imagine if your network slow.. or no signal..

O boi dat one na die!
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by DAvIt0(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2014
Apatheist: Light Sabers as seen in Star Wars
Hover boards
Jet packs.

You don too play "Subway Surfers"
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Rexnegro(m): 11:53am On Sep 27, 2014
A machine that I can control from here to disappear from me and appear in all our so called leaders and all corrupt politician to be giving them factory reset slaps ...a machine that will give 2 hot slap to our politicians per one lie from them....
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by austinebode: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2014
A counting machine that can detect a fake currency.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Reference(m): 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
There are so many. My passion has been towards minaturizing of devices particularly mechanical ones. Electronics has done quiet well, mechanics not so. It appears Europeans who excel in the field of mechanics are not interested. Nano technology is also quite slow evolving.

Ironically what one can do in his spare time (if I will ever have that) is the exact opposite and it hits home. Power. I want to take the humble lead/acid battery and supersize it so that one unit, one charge can provide the needs of an entire building for considerably longer than the present inverter systems. The status quo: 12, 24, 48 volts only, why? 300AH max, why? The need for several units in series or parallel to meet requirements, why? Why not one single massive 300,000AH chasis in my basement churning out 120 volts so I can go 6 months without grid power on a single charge. Why not. Don't tell me its impossible.

How about plutonium to gas fueled cars that run for their service life without refuel. You buy a car and it comes with a sealed engine and no tank.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Reference(m): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
austinebode: A counting machine that can detect a fake currency.

These are everywhere these days.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Mogenerous(f): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nobody talked about a gadget that could make one download money!
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by vikktor: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Technology dat can make it possible to download foooooooood. Therefore I'm nt okay wit so call latest technology till I can download food.....ahahahah
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Tonyosas101(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
A shade that can see through clothes,,,, Asin 'one will be able to see a nun naked body while she's fully dressed
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Addietunes(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
shachris03: Generator that runs on water.
well you are in luck, I am actually about to launch one now. It would be able to generate enough electricity to power an AC, a freezer, and a pumping machine. it is goin to run totally on water and it would provide 24hrs electricity, no charging or refueling. hopefully within 5 months from now it would be ready. The prices would come in the ranges of #350k, #500k, and #700k. if you
need more enquiries you call call or whatsapp on this number, 08080984898.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tartar9(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
martyns303:
There are loads of machines that do that.

A machine that corrects genetic defects, so if ur likely to have cancer, leukemia or some genetically related illness, it will correct it.
he talked of machines that can think or reason like humans and with the speed of computers,currently there is none.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tartar9(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
drkay: Automated Car driving itself based on instructions given.
Google has already developed one.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tinuolababy(f): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bwaal: u must b d lazy house wife chinua achebe was talking abt

wink
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by fixa(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lilaex: I thought by now i would have been able to download food with MB from the internet.

Price
-Big meat(cow) -10mb
-Full chicken -100mb
-Plate of rice -50mb
-Bottle of soft drink -30mb
-1 leather of moi-moi -20mb
E.t.c
Just imagine how do.pe dis Shiii is gone be.

1 Like

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by jydoskillz(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
HOLOGRAM TECHNOLOGY!
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tosinot1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
A smartphone that you can fold the screen
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by pacifique(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
A device that cannot be traced ...Nokia 3310. still Rocking mine. Wanna buy?
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tartar9(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
generalissimo: My reasons dont even have anything to do with religion. Time travelling idea has been put into our brain by people who even know it aint possible. It's only possible in imaginations. They are puting the wrong impressions in our heads that the same things that have happened in the past are probably yet to happen in another realm.......just as we watch them happen in sci-fi movies.
time travel happens but in one direction(future).if you or any thing with mass travel close to the speed of light,time slows down by about half(einsteins special relativity).
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tartar9(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
A machine you can download your brain(consciousness,memory,thoghts,etc).
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Enesi13: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
a device dt could detect a corrupt politician...i guess dr wl b no nid for campaigning anymore
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by drizzydrag(m): 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Extrnal Wall tiles dat can used sunlight and air as a form of energy to give electricity like solar panel dat uses only sunlight... Am still making research on it. Be expecting it from my company *wink*
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Apatheist: Light Sabers as seen in Star Wars
Hover boards
Jet packs.
Jet pack exists
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by drizzydrag(m): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tonyosas101: A shade that can see through clothes,,,, Asin 'one will be able to see a nun naked body while she's fully dressed
Na u o suffer am... except is d one dat can detect weda d person is a Virgin or not, wen person enter dere last and how many ppl has enter, and can also measure d diameter (i.e how tight or wide it is) wink
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by fridayj(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
A jet or plane like machine that can fly and when shut by a bullet, bomb, misille or atomic and nuclear weapon the machine will deflect it back at the range 100km distance . Dt wht i'm excepting.. wink
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by godunia(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Machine for immortality
A plane that won't explode or scatter on impact either on water or land.
Anti accident car
Machine that can make one disappear or appear
Machine that can interpret people's intentions
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by bomsilaga(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
donwise1: A device dat would make me overcome temptations

Try the Bible

1 Like

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by UyiIredia(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
yorex2011: Time travel machine
This one can never be built.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by LegendarySage(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lilaex: I thought by now i would have been able to download food with MB from the internet.

Price
-Big meat(cow) -10mb
-Full chicken -100mb
-Plate of rice -50mb
-Bottle of soft drink -30mb
-1 leather of moi-moi -20mb
E.t.c
Just imagine how do.pe dis Shiii is gone be.
lol. Hun that's when glo and Etisalat 3gig for 1k would have been most beneficial. grin
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Basildvalour(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
A device like an eyeglass, when worn, would be able to see what someone is thinking about you cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Physicist, Stephen Hawkins Is Dead / 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics / American Tech Companies Founded By Immigrants (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.