Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Help me with advice please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help me with advice please (883 Views)

Master's Advice.. Please Help Me / I Need A Matured Advice Please / Moving To America. In Need Of Career Advice. Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help me with advice please by Owiii(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2014
I have been working in this company for a year now without no employment letter nor any form of I'D card. I work as a Service Engineer in this company, and it's a tricycle assembly company. To be honest, I don't seem to get much experience that will help push my career to the next level and besides the pay is poor for a graduate. I am thinking of attending this IDPE training. I want to ask if the certificate is recognized in the oil and gas industry and my chance of employability. I studied Mechanical Engineering in school.
Re: Help me with advice please by CrazyMan(m): 10:33am On Sep 27, 2014
Owiii: I have been working in this company for a year now without no employment letter nor any form of I'D card. I work as a Service Engineer in this company, and it's a tricycle assembly company. To be honest, I don't seem to get much experience that will help push my career to the next level and besides the pay is poor for a graduate.
If you weren't given any official or temporary identity card, or offered an appointment letter, and the pay is poor like you stated, worst of all it has zero skill acquisition in regards to your field, then what in heavens name are you doing in such place?

Owiii:
I am thinking of attending this IDPE training.
Good idea.

Owiii: I want to ask if the certificate is recognized in the oil and gas industry and my chance of employability. I studied Mechanical Engineering in school.
Of course its recognized...I would advise you to go ahead and register for it cos upon completion of the program, you will have the industry-specific knowledge and training you need to excel in your field.

Good luck.
Re: Help me with advice please by Owiii(m): 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
CrazyMan:
If you weren't given any official or temporary identity card, or offered an appointment letter, and the pay is poor like you stated, worst of all it has zero skill acquisition in regards to your field, then what in heavens name are you doing in such place?

Good idea.

Of course its recognized...I would advise you to go ahead and register for it cos upon completion of the program, you will have the industry-specific knowledge and training you need to excel in your field.

Good luck.
Thank you crazy man for your advice. I appreciate you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Full MBA Scholarship In USA And CANADA 2015 / He Regrets Attending A University / FREE BPO Certification Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.