Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night (902 Views)

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health / Six Things You Shouldn't Do Before You Sleep At Night / I Lost My Baby To A System Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by stone07(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2014
Hello doctors and mothers in d house.My son of
two months plus has been having sleepless nite.
During d nite d baby always stretches,pushes and
grunts, with deep sound that comes from his
throat. He does this in every 5 minutes and this
discomfort does not allow my son to sleep in d night.
He also does this during d day.
We have seen doctors but all what they said is it
is normal that d baby is ok. He does not have
temperature but we know he is having
discomfort.
Please doctors and mother in the house assist me
on this because my wife also can not sleep.
Re: My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by psucc(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2014
If you will care, take the baby to a TBA(Traditional Birth Attendance). She will know what to do and pls don't hesitate to apply the leaves or so. It is more efficacious than our Orthodox medicine.

Sorry, am a typical village man.
Re: My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by stone07(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
psucc: If you will care, take the baby to a TBA(Traditional Birth Attendance). She will know what to do and pls don't hesitate to apply the leaves or so. It is more efficacious than our Orthodox medicine.

Sorry, am a typical village man.
We have done that already.
Re: My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
If the Doctor said there is nothing wrong then believe there is nothing wrong.Gradually ,he will stop.My older Son did that when he was a baby.My Sister Inlaw with me then said he was stretching his muscles that he was going to be fat.It did stop.Don't worry.
Re: My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hi there, it sounds like he's having problems with his airway. You can consult a respiratory therapist to see which breathing treatment/nebulizer can help open and clear up his airway so he can breathe better.

You might also need suction equipment and normal saline if there's some clogged up mucus around his trachea. Chest physiotherapy (CPT) can help as well, it clears up the airway especially the upper/lower bilateral lung lobes. Secretions can either be coughed up or suctioned out.

I don't know if there are ready respiratory therapists in the hospital you consult but I'm sure your physician will understand and know what to do if you show him my suggestion, good luck smiley
Re: My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by rosy27(f): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
God will perfect all what concerns the baby in Jesus name
Re: My Baby Doesn't Sleep At Night by hope23: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Please nothing is wrong with ur baby.He is very much ok.Had d same experience with my son but he is very much ok now. Dats some excess gas he swallowed while feeding.Alwz burp after each feed,it will help a bit.Tell ur wifey to endure dat very soon it will b over.All these medications has its side effect,as I wz told by pead.

(1) (Reply)

Lemon Juice -how To Lighten Skin With It / Honey Price Review From Tusla Honey / See Baby Girl Born With Elephant Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.