Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials (102998 Views)

DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along / Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / In Need Of Crown,bead Works,clothes,and Much More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Having seen some threads here about how to do Ankara shoes, bags
and ear rings in the past, I came up with an idea in order to empower
interested people on some projects such as, wire works, bead works,
wrapping of bangles and any other project as time goes on.Interested
candidates should indicate before I start anything.Answers to questions
and upload of pictures and tutorials might be delayed as I have to
attend to customers and apprentices needs.

Materials needed for our first project (Curve spiral pendant):-

1).Cutter

2).Round nose plier

3).Wire

4).Measuring tape or Ruler

5).Beads

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
THINGS NEEDED ARE
Wire.
Cutter.
Round nose plier.
Measuring tape/Ruler.
One or two stone beads.

STEP 1:Cut 5inches of 0.90mm wire

STEP 2:Make a spiral at one end of the wire .

STEP 3:Bend at half inch feom the spiral.

STEP 4:Place wire down and bend a little toform a "C" shape.

STEP 5:Make a spiral at the other end of the wire.

STEP 6:Attach head pin or 2inches long 0.90mm wire with loop underneath to bead (s) of choice.

STEP 7:Cut out excess head pin or wire.

STEP 8:Attach bead (s) to the bottom of the first spiral that was made.

STEP 9:mmake a jump ring and attach pendant to your project.

2 Likes

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
By tomorrow I will stop teaching since there are no interested persons.I would have loved to teach how to make hand fans, wire works, wrapping of bangles e.t.c.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by Handmaiden: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Please i am interested. i just discovered the thread.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by spotmataz: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Am interested too. Just a little while more and ppl will be all over here.

1 Like

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
@Handmaiden and Spotmataz:I just saw your messages, I have been busy.Will do another tutorial tomorrow on wire pendant.Get your wire(0.90mm),cutter, round nose plier ready.Thanks for participating.

1 Like

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by lanre4: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
Am interested too
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
So sorry about the delay.I just finished with my apprentices. Will upload the pictures and steps shortly.Bear with me please.

So today I made a key with wire. Here are the steps.

1.Cut 5 inchessize 90 wire.

2.Make a loop(circle), using the biggest part of your round nose plier.

3.Make another loop at the opposite side, making it two loops at the top.

4.Make a third loop under the two loops at the top and you have completed stage one.

5.Measure a little wire from under (the side of the wire you have not touched).

6.Bend from the point you measured.

7.Bend your long wire leaving a small part from the bent wire in STEP 6.

8.Bend he wire you bent in STEP 7 to the main body of you pendant. Make a jump ring and attach to your pendant.That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by createmag(f): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
im present
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by TheFabTrunk: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
anthoniaz:

Good Job! It will be better if you can request for the thread to be moved to the Fashion section, that is where your intended participants will be found.
God bless
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
TheFabTrunk:

Good Job! It will be better if you can request for the thread to be moved to the Fashion section, that is where your intended participants will be found.
God bless

Thank you...will do just that.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by ogaronye(f): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2014
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by JENMAUCY(f): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2014
Here is my own,let me see if I can do d first one

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2014
You are all welcome.I need to know if you understand the ones I have explained and if I can carry on.

Will love to see your pics as that would motivate me to carry on.Thanks smiley
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2014
JENMAUCY: Here is my own,let me see if I can do d first one

Well done.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by trevolady(f): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Hello anthoniaz,pls post ur phone no or any oda means I can contact u,I'll like 2 make enquiries abt one on one trainin frm u.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2014
trevolady: Hello anthoniaz,pls post ur phone no or any oda means I can contact u,I'll like 2 make enquiries abt one on one trainin frm u.

I had to remove my contact details as some perverts have started sending me disturbing messages on BBM sad
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by JENMAUCY(f): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Here is the first one,hope I tried?

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
kiss
JENMAUCY: Here is the first one,hope I tried?

This one is different from mine oo.Don't worry, gradually, you'll be perfect.Continue trying them in order to be perfect.Well done.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 2:48am On Oct 03, 2014
To make this tear drop necklace, you will need:-

*Tear drop beads

*0.90mm wire

*Cutter

*Round nose plier

STEPS

1.Roll out your wire (don't cut).

2.Using your round nose plier, make a loop.

3.continue making loops in the same direction(9 times) and cut ur wire leaving a small straight wire for joining.

4.Form a circle, attaching the little straight wire to the first loop you made.

5.Arrange your work with your hands to make it balanced.

6.Attach your tear drop(make 16 pieces of this depending on your neck).

7.Form your jump rings.Use the jump rings to connect all 16 (or more ) pieces of what you have made.

8.You have your completed necklace starring at you.

4 Likes

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by Smartbaby(f): 9:32am On Oct 03, 2014
Im in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 10:16am On Oct 03, 2014
Smartbaby: Im in

You are welcome.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
For today's tutorial, you will need:-

1.Size 0.50mm or 0.60mm wire.

2.Coiling gizmo.

3.Fishing line (0.30mm).

4.size 6 beads(12)

Caged beaded pendant.

1.Holding your wire,tie a little amount of wire to your gizmo rod.

2.Place the rod on the appropriate hole on the gizmo and roll.

3Continue rolling till you get your desired length.

4.Remove coiled wirw feom the gizmo.

5.Using both hands, stretch the coiled wire (don't over stretch).

That's for STAGE ONE.

STAGE TWO

1.Cut a short length of fishing line and insert three beads.

2.Cross with a fourth bead.

3.Insert 1 bead each on your right and left fishing lines and cross with a third bead, making it 7 beads.Repeat step 3 to get 10 beads.

4.Insert one bead each on both sides.

5.Cross wit the second bead you inserted on your fishing line when you started step one.

6.Pass fishing line through all beads to secure the beaded ball you just made.

7.Now you have your beaded ball.Over to next stage.

8.Bring out the coiled wire and wrap it around the beaded ball.

9.You have a completed caged beaded pendant.

2 Likes

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by Smartbaby(f): 7:42am On Oct 04, 2014
anthoniaz:

You are welcome.
thank u
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by inestimable(f): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2014
thank u anthoniaz I v a lot to learn. just discovered u
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2014
inestimable:
thank u anthoniaz I v a lot to learn. just discovered u

I'm glad....you are welcome.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by inestimable(f): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Here r my assignment
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by bimsusy(f): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
came across this thread now, would love to be part of the thread. humbling following.

1 Like

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
bimsusy:
came across this thread now, would love to be part of the thread. humbling following.

You are welcome.
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hello everyone! For tomorrow's project, you will need

1.Wires (0.50mm and 0.90mm)

2.Wire twister
Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by bimsusy(f): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2014
pls how does wire twister look like. thanks
anthoniaz:
Hello everyone! For tomorrow's project, you will need

1.Wires (0.50mm and 0.90mm)

2.Wire twister

Re: Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials by anthoniaz(f): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
bimsusy:
pls how does wire twister look like. thanks

WIRE TWISTER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I Easily Got Pink Lips (photos) / Dear Wives See How To Keep Your Vagina Clean And Tight / How To Cut And Sew Pencil Trouser.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.