Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence (11336 Views)

Buhari Sacks 24 Director-Generals Of Parastatals And Agencies / Buhari Sacks Director-Generals Of NTA, NBC, NOA & 3 Others / Picture Of The Governor Generals Of the kingdom of country of western Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Come 1st October 2014, Nigeria will celebrate another Independence.

Before Nigeria became an independent state in 1960, some colonial governors ruled us. They were called Governors, but later they changed it to Governor-General.

I was able to get the pics of few of them.

Meanwhile, below was the colonial flag used by the colonial governors in Nigeria.

***Flag of the Governor-General of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
sir Frederick Lugard(1858–1945)

Took office 1 January 1914

Left office August 1919

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sir Hugh Clifford(1866–1941)

Took office 8 August 1919

Left office 13 November 1925

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sir Graeme Thomson(1877–1933)

Took office 13 November 1925

Left office 17 June 1931

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sir Bernard Bourdillon(1883–1948)

Started 1 November 1935

Left 1943

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sir John Stuart Macpherson(1898–1971)

Started 1 October 1954

Left Office 15 June 1955

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by AbachaGowon: 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lalasticlala so what did you gain from this shït ?
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lanrexdo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ask the gods.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
AbachaGowon: Lalasticlala so what did you gain from this shït ?

That's history and government.

In Government, there is a topic " Constitutional Development in Nigeria" where the colonial constitutions and post colonial constitutions are studied. So this is not a crap.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by gatiano(m): 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
nice! now that you are showing/ teaching or revealing these history to us, i pray that you reveal to us what they did in each of their been in office. supply/reveal us the good they did if there is any, but definitely reveal to us too the evil committed like flogging, lynching etc. if not there is no much good in the subject.
lalasticlala: Come 1st October 2014, Nigeria will celebrate another Independence.

Before Nigeria became an independent state in 1960, some colonial governors ruled us. They were called Governors, but later they changed it to Governor-General.

Meanwhile, below was the colonial flag used by the colonial governors in Nigeria.

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Where is that of Nnamdi Azikiwe, he was the last?
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
gatiano: nice! now that you are showing/ teaching or revealing these history to us, i pray that you reveal to us what they did in each of their been in office. supply/reveal us the good they did if there is any, but definitely reveal to us too the evil committed like flogging, lynching etc. if not there is no much good in the subject.

Benard Bourdillorn started the process of regionalism in colonial Nigeria. He divided Nigeria into 3 regions of East, West & North.

But it was finally adopted by his successor, Authur Richard's constitution of 1946.

Then the Lyttleton constitution of 1954 introduced federalism in the Nigerian political system.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by musiwa95: 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
[size=18pt]This are picture of Governors of Nigeria... Not Governor General.. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by gatiano(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice brother, bring it all on, all of it as you can find. pls (respectfully) do not say what about me, i don't know much about the colonized period of my life, i love to know all. and bro, be of a good judge, don't just bring infos that seem deceitfully nice. bring them all as you have them.
lalasticlala:

Benard Bourdillorn started the process of regionalism in colonial Nigeria. He divided Nigeria into 3 regions of East, West & North.

But it was finally adopted by his successor, Authur Richard's constitution of 1946.

Then the Lyttleton constitution of 1954 introduced federalism in the Nigerian political system.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by gatiano(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Be precise or be concrete, make every explanation easily as you can, so that a 5 year old child too should be able to understand. yes there were three governor generals in nigeria, one in each region.
musiwa95: [size=18pt]This are picture of Governors of Nigeria... Not Governor General.. [/size]
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by musiwa95: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
[size=18pt]nigeria government claim there were governor general, but they are not governor General , they are just Governors of Nigeria
Here is the true map of Nigeria.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1739169_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
musiwa95: [size=18pt]nigeria government claim there were governor general, but they are not governor General , they are just Governors of Nigeria
Here is the true map of Nigeria.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1739169_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71
prior to the Introduction of the lyttleton constitution of 1954, rulers of each of the 3 regions in nigeria were called LIEUTENANT GOVERNORS, while d overall ruler waz called GOVENOR. but d macpherson constitution changed it to GOVERNORS & GOVERNOR GENERAL, respectively
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by englishmart(m): 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
lalasticlala: sir Frederick Lugard(1858–1945)

Took office 1 January 19148

Left office August 1919
can you edit this?
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by englishmart(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
lalasticlala:

That's history and government.

In Government, there is a topic " Constitutional Development in Nigeria" where the colonial constitutions and post colonial constitutions are studied. So this is not a crap.
I never envisaged you would give response to that crappy question.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by englishmart(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
lalasticlala:

then the southern parts were neglected
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by englishmart(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
musiwa95: [size=18pt]This are picture of Governors of Nigeria... Not Governor General.. [/size]
what kind of grammar is this.?

"These are pictures" not this are picture.

Goodnight.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by daveP(m): 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hmm, see beardedism!! The symbol on that flag though
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by montestic(m): 2:04am On Oct 01, 2014
lalasticlala: sir Frederick Lugard(1858–1945)

Took office 1 January 1914

Left office August 1919

blame this man for d mistake of 1914

the amalgamation of Nigeria by him has kept us in this ethnic antagonism amongst d 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Mtcheww
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by egopersonified(f): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2014
lalasticlala: Come 1st October 2014, Nigeria will celebrate another Independence.

Lala, please when are you going to start this blog I have being begging you to start eh? See all your topics on fp running into how many pages. I take God beg you, I even ready to contribute financially, start something then copy and paste here and include the link. No let me do prayer and fasting for your head ohh.
Re: Pictures of Some Governor-Generals of Nigeria Prior To Independence by lalasticlala(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2014
egopersonified:

Lala, please when are you going to start this blog I have being begging you to start eh? See all your topics on fp running into how many pages. I take God beg you, I even ready to contribute financially, start something then copy and paste here and include the link. No let me do prayer and fasting for your head ohh.

hahahahahahaha. no b small thing o.

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong / Umahi Is Not Qualified To Polish Onu's Shoes - Ebonyi APC / Jide Sanwoolu A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.