Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between (810 Views)

Happy 21st Birthday Zahra Buhari - The Girl With The Big Heart / Lagos Politics: The Return Of The Igbo. A Must Read / Osun State: The Politics, The Mud And The Rust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by GEJOfficial: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Reading through a couple of Nigerian blogs last night, I discovered an increment in the number of our local artistes venturing into politics or rather 2015 elections.

A good number of them have brought out posters but they fail to realize one fact about Nigerian politics which is the fact that popularity actually gets you no where, you need to be in the know of the modus operandi of politics in Nigeria.

The numerous and quite cumbersome processes attached with elections are one thing I am sure that the artistes cannot handle given the 'porsche' lives they live.

I would not write much but all that there is to hear from me as regards the 2015 elections is that no one banking on popularity, inter alia, would make it through pass the primaries and this is a promise. This nation is far more complicated that most Nigerians would ever realize

P.S: I had Suraji, the owner of Jarus Hub is also interested in contesting for chairmanship in Offa. Well, we shall see about that.
Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
What all these guys don't understand is not by pulling crowd in a show or carnivals. how can you match a politician " a Nigeria politician for that matter " who has been there and knows the whole delegates in terms of primary election. The celebrities forgets that primary election are done by party faithful and most of them won't accept and trust you because you can't just jump from no where and say you want to hold a position in a party. Just think which primary delegate or even electorate will take Maliki, Julius Agwu and 9ice serious. my advise for them is they should venture into business with there small money rather than giving it out to politicians to eat without you becoming anything and you will loose your money.
Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Jarus(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Yeah, I'm contesting for Offa LG Chairmanship by God's grace.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by ademony(m): 2:38am On Sep 28, 2014
Jarus: Yeah, I'm contesting for Offa LG Chairmanship.

wow, this will be interesting. Great move by Jarus. We believe in you and are solely endorsing you... But how many kwarans use Nairaland, let alone Offa residents #nooffense... You have a lotta work to do going back home... Your ancestors' reputation will play a big role.
Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by lonelydora: 6:15am On Sep 28, 2014
In other words, "If you no clap hand follow person, others no go clap hand follow you". There are people on queue waiting for their turn. So popularity will not make them jump queue.
Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Jarus(m): 6:38am On Sep 28, 2014
ademony:

wow, this will be interesting. Great move by Jarus. We believe in you and are solely endorsing you... But how many kwarans use Nairaland, let alone Offa residents #nooffense... You have a lotta work to do going back home... Your ancestors' reputation will play a big role.

I never even mentioned it on NL until that post. To show NL didn't have anything to do with it. I have been working at the right places, talking to the right people. Thanks for the advice anyway.

1 Like

Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Jarus: Yeah, I'm contesting for Offa LG Chairmanship by God's grace.

I told you that you are a politician on Nairaland a few years ago. You were saying you were not sure and I was laughing thinking to myself: "see this politician".

May Allah guide you with this and other decisions. My brother, you will need all the prayers you can get.

Organising human beings is the most difficult thing ever.

2 Likes

Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2014

I also wish u Allah's Guidance

2 Likes

Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Jarus(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
maclatunji:

I told you that you are a politician on Nairaland a few years ago. You were saying you were not sure and I was laughing thinking to myself: "see this politician".

May Allah guide you with this and other decisions. My brother, you will need all the prayers you can get.

Organising human beings is the most difficult thing ever.

cheesy
I also surprised myself. grin

Thanks bro.
Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Collynzo22: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
I wish you goodluck (no Jona).
I did my NYSC in Kwara and I love the state.
Peaceful people.
Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
They have to start from somewhere. At least,if they didn't win this election,they stand a better chance next election.

If Arnold could win the governorship of California as an actor,nothing is impossible in here too.

After Rotimi Makinde,a yoruba actor also won an election (have forgotten the post).

Never say never in politics.

At Jarus,we are solidly behind you..

1 Like

Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by Obinoscopy(m): 12:22am On Sep 29, 2014
It gladdens my heart when I hear statements such as this. I wish you victory in your contest. Nigeria shall be great.

1 Like

Re: Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between by hayoakins(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2014
Wow...we are solidly behind you brov grin

NOW is the time for the YOUTH not the future wink

(1) (Reply)

Taxi Driver, 304 Nigerians Get National Honours / A Prove That Hiv And Ebola Is Made In USA / At 30 Am I Qualify ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.