Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

What Do You Do For A Living? Show Your Handiwork - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do You Do For A Living? Show Your Handiwork (569 Views)

. / When Interviewer Asks What Your Parents Do For A Living? / NGO Vacancies In Lagos - Save A Life; Make A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do For A Living? Show Your Handiwork by argon500: 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
This question tends to evoke either fear and stomach knots or an eagerness that borders on fanaticism in those of us who work for ourselves in creative fields.

It can be hard to describe what you do quickly and clearly both in person or on your website/blog. You need to find a balance between clarity and curiosity. Most importantly, you need to make your answer about other people.

Your answer should be an opening volley to a conversation that the other person actually wants to have. If you describe what you do well, there’ll be more questions asked and more importantly, the other person will remember, share or even end up (further down the road) giving you money.

But honestly, some professions are not easy to describe.. What do you think of an arm robber, kidnapper, prostitute, Yahoo yahoo e.t.c

As for me, I am an e-marketer. I make my money online. I spent nothing less than 10 hours online on a daily basis. Even reading news on NL fetch me some money... Don't ask me why..

I just love my job.. Being boss of myself, no need of waking up early, or thinking of any boss. No pressure.. Just that sometimes, being your own boss might be difficult to balance with life. May be cos I am an introvert.

How about you, what do you do for a living? are you a Tailor, Mechanic, Carpenter, Doctor, Teacher, Engineer or you are a politician? Show your handwork
Re: What Do You Do For A Living? Show Your Handiwork by Joy83(m): 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Surfing internet every time especially visiting Nairaland, facebook and others is my major handiwork.
Being officially unemployed as a graduate is a serious work itself...
Re: What Do You Do For A Living? Show Your Handiwork by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bros ur grammar be like block for my head. Anyway, i do fry akara and puffpuff at ikotun market and i think im doing fine. Not easy at first but as soon as i have my permanent customers, it became easy.

(1) (Reply)

Accountant/office Manager Vacancy / . / Vacancies GE Global Growth Organization (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.