Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Left Handed People And Driving! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Left Handed People And Driving! (13425 Views)

Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Valfrankie(m): 6:09am On Sep 29, 2014
I'm occupying this space, yet I don't know what to say. please don't crucify me! embarassedembarassedembarassed
But, I think left-handed ladies are extremely sexy n sophisticated. Would love to see more of them on the wheels :*!
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Les: 6:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Well, i'm ambidextrous, the both hands seem to be the same, no difference.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by dynatress: 6:50am On Sep 29, 2014
peterjero: I'm the craziest leftie alive use right to write, left to hit, right to eat, left to play ball, to cut with knife.. I drive well, the only snag I've noticed over the years is that I can't relax my right hand while driving.
thats exactly my story, used to think i was alone in this!
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by jaydee87(m): 6:54am On Sep 29, 2014
kabba7: Just noticed this left handed lady in churh yesterday was planning to do some googling on why some use the left hand and the probable side effect one thing i observe recently is that the governor of lagos state Babatunde Raji Fashola is a leftie . those people seem one kind to me .
not only him even Obama na leftie....
proud to be a leftie the only problem I have is why do our parents detest left hands,
I remember while growing up mum flogged shit out off my hand but lo and behold
Am Still A LEFTY......
morning all......

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Vicjay1(m): 7:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Funny enough I was a leftie @ a young age. Was scolded for been one. I had to change (my hands) through gradual process and I change that of my legs when I dislocated my metaltarsals. Before the leg healed, I had started using the right to play football. Now I can use both perfectly.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by eedris07(m): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2014
It depend on hw u r tot to drive.. It jst like u learnt hw to drive wit out shoe, So no mata hw expert u r in drivin u can drive wit ur shoe on..
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=blueheart][/quote]

You no well, well well

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by xwolverine: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2014
What about righties driving in the UK, since the steering is on the other side?

It's a thing of the mind and how you learned driving

2 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 29, 2014
i am one nothing quite different.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2014
sunnyshayne: Hello guys, most times one gets curious about the day to day life of a left handed individual especially when it comes to driving.

Hence one is tempted to ask, has it been convenient driving a car especially a manual transmission? Has anyone been in a car driven by a left handed driver? Did you notice anything different ?

It doesnt work that way otherwise right handed drivers would be having hard times in the UK, South Africa,Australia and most former british colonies.

I was born leftie but my right hand can become my strong hand depending on the task...Proudly ambidextrous. cool
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by djeezy(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2014
I'm ambidextrous. I used both hands perfectly and yes driving is way easy.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by generalissimo(m): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2014
peterjero: I'm the craziest leftie alive use right to write, left to hit, right to eat, left to play ball, to cut with knife.. I drive well, the only snag I've noticed over the years is that I can't relax my right hand while driving.
Bro, I wont say that's crazy enough cos my wife is a leftie also but eats and writes with her right hand. Believe me, she has the best hand-writing in the whole wide world. She drives well also except that she moves the car like a snail but I dont think that has to do with being a leftie
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 29, 2014
jaydee87:
not only him even Obama na leftie....
proud to be a leftie the only problem I have is why do our parents detest left hands,
I remember while growing up mum flogged shit out off my hand but lo and behold
Am Still A LEFTY......
morning all......

Society see left-handedness as taboo...I experienced that too,your mum probably flogged poo out of your hands because they say left hand and B.uttocks are like 5 and 6...they are good friends.. grin grin
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by 30secs(m): 7:46am On Sep 29, 2014
OP I'd tell you my observations when I learn to drive. But wait o, why I neva sabi drive sef!?! I dey Bleep up sha
I'm left handed but I can handle a computer mouse so well, I draw cute pictures on my computer when am bored.... With my right hand. So I'm sure driving won't be an issue
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Ibotex(m): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2014
you are not left handed but an ambidextrous.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by jaydee87(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2014
gbosaa:

Society see left-handedness as taboo...I experienced that too,your mum probably flogged poo out of your hands because they say left hand and B.uttocks are like 5 and 6...they are good friends.. grin grin
I swear I was flogged no big small. but is it really a taboo?
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Cedari: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Am leftie and if u sit in my car while i drive, i doubt if u will ever want to go down. Driving is fun to me.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by tete7000(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2014
If right-handed people drive effectively well in countries that adopt right hand driving, the left-handed people will do the same here. Driving with whatever hand is something you get used to over time.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by cozy7(m): 8:21am On Sep 29, 2014
sunnyshayne: Hello guys, most times one gets curious about the day to day life of a left handed individual especially when it comes to driving.

Hence one is tempted to ask, has it been convenient driving a car especially a manual transmission? Has anyone been in a car driven by a left handed driver? Did you notice anything different ?
ON SOME CASES, WHAT A LEFT HANDER FINDS EASY, A EIGHT SRUGGLES TO COPE. I'M A LEFT HANDER N I'VE BIN DRIVING SINCE 16 YRS. IN FACT, DRIVING IS MY HOBBY WHICH I STATED IN MY CV. NOTHING STRANGE BRO.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by lekezino(m): 8:31am On Sep 29, 2014
so do I
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by bdek(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2014
sunnyshayne: its interesting to know. in my my entire lineage we dont have a leftie but my son is beginning to show signs that he is going to be one! grin

Thats a sign to do DNA test(paternity test) . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2014
berem: I am a leftie but I no sabi drive. I haven't learned how to drive anyway.

Proud to be a leftie! cheesy
Why naaaa. I thought it's very necessary for one to know how to drive before she clocks 30.
My mum refused to learn how to drive with the excuse that she doesn't like disturbance until the day she was travelling with my dad, my dad got sick and couldn't drive anymore. The place was lonely and dangerous, there was nothing like phone then to call anybody, my mum turned and saw two armed rugged guys running towards them, she quickly jump inside and started the car and zoomed..............that was how she drove a car for the first time in her life.

She started her driving lesson the next day. grin

3 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Why naaaa. I thought it's very necessary for one to know how to drive before she clocks 30.
My mum refused to learn how to drive with the excuse that she doesn't like disturbance until the day she was travelling with my dad, my dad got sick and couldn't drive anymore. The place was lonely and dangerous, there was nothing like phone then to call anybody, my mum turned and saw two armed rugged guys running towards them, she quickly jump inside and started the car and zoomed..............that was how she drove a car for the first time in her life.

She started her driving lesson the next day. grin
very touching story!

Well,when I wanna buy my own car, I will need to go to a driving school. For now,I don't see the necessity for it. cool
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2014
gbosaa:

I really like lefties .... its no taboo . all the lefties are know are very intelligent and smart.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2014
berem: very touching story!

Well,when I wanna buy my own car, I will need to go to a driving school. For now,I don't see the necessity for it. cool
You wanna scratch your new car?
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2014
jaydee87:
I swear I was flogged no big small. but is it really a taboo?

I cant really answer that but you can find out for yourself by trying to give something to an elder with your left hand and see what his/her reaction would be.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Tbamo(m): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2014
It actually makes us better drivers because our dominant hands are on the wheel and the lesser on the gears! And usually most left handed guys have developed a level of ambidexterity so have a better developed right hand. This in the long run makes us far better drivers!
We also have the best driving reflexes!

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
You wanna scratch your new car?
now you got! Don't want that to happen.

Meanwhile,my younger sister's two years old daughter is learning to hold and eat with her left hand. Her mum is doing everything possible to stop her but I told her not to. She should be allowed to use her left hand. Hope I didn't do anything wrong sha. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by jaydee87(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2014
gbosaa:

I cant really answer that but you can find out for yourself by trying to give something to an elder with your left hand and see what his/her reaction would be.. cheesy
bro u bad gan oh..
I tell u wen I go IMO state I went to a canteen to all of a sudden I saw everybody stirring at me like I carry shit, wen I chop finish na em 1 man call me come tell me say sha I no sabi say left hand no good.
omo since then i chop for outside again oh till I comet for there... lol

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by mrofficial(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2014

Lol. Just like me. But I don't have any problem with my right hand when driving a manual car.
Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2014
jaydee87:
bro u bad gan oh..
I tell u wen I go IMO state I went to a canteen to all of a sudden I saw everybody stirring at me like I carry shit, wen I chop finish na em 1 man call me come tell me say sha I no sabi say left hand no good.
omo since then i chop for outside again oh till I comet for there... lol

Best way to handle it would be to ignore them,as long as you are not offering or accepting something from a grey haired man with your left hand then all is good..

If you have few thousand naira notes in your left hand and a couple of hundreds on your right,the most hard core conservative out there would gladly go left. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Fees Charged By Driving Schools / Transmission Related Problems / My Camry 2008 A/c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.