Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

T-bills In Other Countries. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / T-bills In Other Countries. (760 Views)

Is CBN Hoarding The Lesser Bills In The Economy? / *how To Transfer Money 4rm Other Countries To Nigeria* / Unexpected money in my account - What do I do? I have bills to pay! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T-bills In Other Countries. by Odionastron: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Please, does anyone know much on this subject?

I intend investing in t-bills in countries whose interest rates are higher than that of Nigeria.

Please I need professional advice. What should I be wary of? What is the way to go about it?
Or which countries are best recommended?

Just to mention. I see that Argentina offers interests of about 18%. Is it safe to jump in? What's the process of investing there?

Thanks a lot as I await your responses.
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by Odionastron: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Odionastron: Please, does anyone know much on this subject?
I intend investing in t-bills in countries whose interest rates are higher than that of Nigeria.
Please I need professional advice. What should I be wary of? What is the way to go about it?
Or which countries are best recommended?
Just to mention. I see that Argentina offers interests of about 18%. Is it safe to jump in? What's the process of investing there?
Thanks a lot as I await your responses.
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by bigtt76(f): 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Try Ghana
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by Odionastron: 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
@bigtt76 thnx. But please do you know the process of investing there taking note of the fact that I'm a Nigerian living in Nigeria, who is just interested in taking advantage of the higher treasury bill rate in Ghana.
Thnx for your anticipated response...or anyone else.
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by bigtt76(f): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
You would need a bank account though. To get a bank account you must have resident permit which is not too difficult to get after the initial 90 days allowed. You can even use that to apply for an account.

Odionastron: @bigtt76 thnx. But please do you know the process of investing there taking note of the fact that I'm a Nigerian living in Nigeria, who is just interested in taking advantage of the higher treasury bill rate in Ghana.
Thnx for your anticipated response...or anyone else.
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by Odionastron: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2014
bigtt76: You would need a bank account though. To get a bank account you must have resident permit which is not too difficult to get after the initial 90 days allowed. You can even use that to apply for an account.

Resident Permit. Do I have to go to Ghana to apply for the residence permit? Or can I do it from Lagos?
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by bigtt76(f): 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
You need to be physically present in Ghana for this.

Odionastron:
Resident Permit. Do I have to go to Ghana to apply for the residence permit? Or can I do it from Lagos?
Re: T-bills In Other Countries. by Odionastron: 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
bigtt76: You need to be physically present in Ghana for this.

Wow..thanks a lot for your assistance. I'm very grateful. You've been helpful.

(1) (Reply)

You Made Yourself Poor,Blame Not The Government! / If You Are Sending Money To anybody in China through AMU Co.be careful / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.