Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? (3710 Views)

OMG! This Is Sign That There Will Be War After Election [MUST READ] / 2015:if Jonathan Not Re-elected There Will Be War In Nigeria–akpabio​ Threatens. / Nigeria Vs America - Actually Who Is More Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by BashBB: 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
In your opinion who do you think will win if the two countries decide to go to war without any ally help? Who do you think will win in terms of Delivery, technology, damage etc.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Rexnegro(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
America has been flexing muscles for years now but I smell the Russia got muscles too to contain America but decided to keep quiet to allow America show their strength finish...back to ur question..hmmm @op trust me its a tough one I tink I will go for ........... Russia
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by OAUTemitayo: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
You will not witness the end of the war.
Radiation will smoke out any trace of life in your body after your torso may have been separated from the mainstream.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
USA with a gdp of 17trillion dollars compare to Russian gdp of 2btrillion.

USA with a population of 325million compare to Russian of 129million

America has more military hardware than Russia. ..it will be a straight forward victory for USA

7 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by castrogee(m): 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Childish.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
Is this a joke? America's conventional forces would destroy the whole world combined. They have the numbers, they have the training, they have the greatest practise in battle all over the globe, they have he greatest technology. Russia's conventional armed forces isn't even as good as the British, the Germans or the French. They wouldn't even withstand tiny Israel. The strength in Russia's military is in it's nuclear stockpile. No one in their right senses would attack Russia cos like America, they have enough nuclear firepower to destroy the world several times over.

Stop watching or reading all those Soviet era portrayals. Russia's military might is the most overrated in the world.

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nebraska: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
BashBB: In your opinion who do you think will win if the two countries decide to go to war without any ally help? Who do you think will win in terms of Delivery, technology, damage etc.

Both are on the same scale. They have all the necessary weapons in their arsenal but america might just edge this. However @OP this is non of your business as there are better issues to sort out.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by BlackTechnology: 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
The world will lose to nuclear Holocaust

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by foslink(m): 12:13am On Sep 28, 2014
@ op america all day but like they said the russians can also flex their muscle 2 and also we dont really want dis shit to go down cus:....laughs in swahili:..... op av u ever tried laughin in swahili b4?? Its realli funni u shud try it
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by oyewolestephen(m): 1:21am On Sep 28, 2014
Anybody can win. It is not my village that is fighting, so I wish them happy fight
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 28, 2014
abdulwastecx: USA with a gdp of 17trillion dollars compare to Russian gdp of 2btrillion.

USA with a population of 325million compare to Russian of 129million

America has more military hardware than Russia. ..it will be a straight forward victory for USA

Oga, you think nuclear war is about GDP? Let Putin deploy some couple of Topol-M ICBMs against the Yanks & see if New York, Washington, Virginia, California & Texas won't be obliterated within few hours.

Russian fast & elusive ICBMs

1.) The Russian RT-2UTTKh Topol-M is a cold-launched, three-stage, solid-propellant, silo-based or road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missile, which carries a single warhead with an 800 kt yield at the speed of 7,320 miles/second[I do hope u understand what this mean] and it has an operational range of 11,000km(6,800 miles), meanwhile Moscow is just about 5,700miles away from the U.S.

2.) The Russian RS-24 is a missile that is heavier than the current Topol-M (which can carry up to 10 independently targetable warheads). The 2007 tests were publicized as a response to the missile shield that the United States were planning to deploy in Europe. RS-24 has been deployed operationally since 2010.

3.) I need not talk about the Russian "Tsar Bomb". A look at the 3rd picture should give you an idea.

Who doesn't know America for propagandas? The Ruskies don't show off, let the west keep pushing 'em & they'll get more than they can chew.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by asadike(f): 3:03am On Sep 28, 2014
They should just leave igboland out of it o when d war starts.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by tomakint: 3:43am On Sep 28, 2014
@Zoharariel, thanks for your eye-opener to these young ones.....in fact you captured it well when you made mention of what USA is known for - PROPAGANDA! Perhaps these young ones thought those American movies they watch got something on the Russians. As for me, I will still rate the KGB above the CIA in the espionage world. Talking about war.....I'll rather say it's going to be a war of no winners going by America's way of gathering Allies before going into any war!

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by ZERKNICHTER(m): 3:47am On Sep 28, 2014
if there would be an nuclear war it doesnt matter who will win because there wont be many humans left on the planet and the few who are left will struggle to survice the Nuclear winter caused by the many atomic explosions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

640bn dollar/year (usa) vs. 87bd dollar/year (russia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 28, 2014
If Russia were this powerful how did US managed to break into their soveriegnty and fragmented them into pieces crumbling the powerful Soviet Union.

I think US will win Russia in this war by first dividing Russian and promote anti-Kremlin sentiment amongst her people, they can demoralise some Russian, they will increase the Russia resentment by her former colonies and penetrate through them.

Its easier to fragment Russia than US.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by lonelydora: 5:55am On Sep 28, 2014
E go hard oh. But I think USA will win with a narrow margin because they will 1st of all gather allies before going to war.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by malele(m): 6:12am On Sep 28, 2014
Obi1kenobi: Is this a joke? America's conventional forces would destroy the whole world combined. They have the numbers, they have the training, they have the greatest practise in battle all over the globe, they have he greatest technology. Russia's conventional armed forces isn't even as good as the British, the Germans or the French. They wouldn't even withstand tiny Israel. The strength in Russia's military is in it's nuclear stockpile. No one in their right senses would attack Russia cos like America, they have enough nuclear firepower to destroy the world several times over.

Stop watching or reading all those Soviet era portrayals. Russia's military might is the most overrated in the world.
100000000 likes
Without nuclear weapons, russia is nobody.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by malele(m): 6:24am On Sep 28, 2014
Zoharariel:

Oga, you think nuclear war is about GDP? Let Putin deploy some couple of Topol-M ICBMs against the Yanks & see if New York, Washington, Virginia, California & Texas won't be obliterated within few hours.

1.) The Russian RT-2UTTKh Topol-M is a cold-launched, three-stage, solid-propellant, silo-based or road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missile, which carries a single warhead with an 800 kt yield at the speed of 7,320 miles/second[I do hope u understand what this mean] and it has an operational range of 11,000km(6,800 miles), meanwhile Moscow is just about 5,700miles away from the U.S.

2.) The Russian RS-24 is a missile that is heavier than the current Topol-M (which can carry up to 10 independently targetable warheads). The 2007 tests were publicized as a response to the missile shield that the United States were planning to deploy in Europe. RS-24 has been deployed operationally since 2010.

3.) I need not talk about the Russian "Tsar Bomb". A look at the 3rd picture should give you an idea.

Who doesn't know America for propagandas? The Ruskies don't show off, let the west keep pushing 'em & they'll get more than they can chew.

Stop this nonsense u are saying , without nukes russia is nothing.
America has nuclear weapons too, and a better better missile defence system than the russians.
america has base surrounding russia, this makes it easier and faster to stop missile threats from russia,also don't forget russia is different from USSR.
Any war russia starts with USA, america will win though part of america will be destroyed, and billions of people will die both sides.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by ResourceMan(m): 6:41am On Sep 28, 2014
Zoharariel:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1740163_tsar20bom20explosion_jpegca6e49611ea92ab73e8075480b320068
Wetin be this? embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The ignorant, boastful and hypocritical Americans will be stunned by Russia. Those their fine and yeye cities that they think is the best thing to happen to humanity will be reduced to rubbles. The fact is that not only will USA and Russia pay dearly for the war. The world especially Africa will be reduced to sawdust even before the actors destroy themselves.

@ Tomakint
No allies will ally with the USA, abi you no see the third picture. Nato will flee, Germany (the emerging secret power) will shift to its own side and Europe will scamper for safety. But Africa will be doomed, as lots of intercepted and misfired nuclear warheads will find their resting place in their abode.
Hint: USA is a Threat to world peace.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by tobtap: 9:41am On Sep 28, 2014
there will be no winner in a war btw russia and usa...av u guyz heard about MAD-mutually assured destruction ....and perhaps the usa av not won any war against a well train army since world war 2..they could not defeat the japanese until they dropped atomic bombs on dem and they were defeated in vietnam....please note that iraq,libya,afganistan,somalia dont have conventional military forces that well trained and armed. thanks
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by tartar9(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2014
Mutual Assured Destruction,both will be destroyed because of of nuclear weapons even if it is Nigeria as long as it has nuclear weapons and ICBM's to launch them.if not,russia is decades behind with soviet era weapons and less firepower,they are just overated.the US will beat russia though it will be hard,chiefly because of Russia's geography and not in Russia's so-called military hardware.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Sealeddeal(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2014
Zoharariel:

1.) The Russian RT-2UTTKh Topol-M is a cold-launched, three-stage, solid-propellant, silo-based or road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missile, which carries a single warhead with an 800 kt yield at the speed of 7,320 miles/second[I do hope u understand what this mean] and it has an operational range of 11,000km(6,800 miles), meanwhile Moscow is just about 5,700miles away from the U.S.

there is no missile with speed of 7320 miles/second. or do you mean 7.320miles/second?

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Malawian(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2014
there is one newly built russian missle they test fired a few weeks ago. i was reading about it on yahoo news last week and it is claimed to be capable of carrying 24 independent targeted warheads each with a yield 100 times that of FAT MAN. like asadike said, make dem leave igboland out of it o. just one is enough to send all igbos to YHWH. angry angry
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 28, 2014
The world will loose
Sir its not even possible
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by gatiano(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2014
if one is to combine all the armed forces of the whole world except the united states(russia, china,japan, mid east, africa, euro union, south america, everybody) against united state, if united states wants, it won't allow a bullet to penetrate his airspace, water or land. but they will bring all down. that is how powerful they are. and they is a single reason for that. GOD gave them all the knowledge they needed so that when GOD brings united states down in just a single day, all the rest will just bow and go and rest.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by homerac7: 11:44am On Sep 28, 2014
BashBB: In your opinion who do you think will win if the two countries decide to go to war without any ally help? Who do you think will win in terms of Delivery, technology, damage etc.

It won't happen; and if it ever does, there will be nobody alive after to claim winner. If there are any survivors, the would wish they never survived. That would be end of modern man age. Cockroaches might rule the next age.
Zoharariel:

Which movie you see that bolded info? Even with my advanced degree in mechanical engineering, I am not aware of such possibility yet in real life.

tobtap: there will be no winner in a war btw russia and usa...av u guyz heard about MAD-mutually assured destruction ....and perhaps the usa av not won any war against a well train army since world war 2..they could not defeat the japanese until they dropped atomic bombs on dem and they were defeated in vietnam....please note that iraq,libya,afganistan,somalia dont have conventional military forces that well trained and armed. thanks

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Ibnsultan: The world will loose
Sir its not even possible

Quite sensible.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by focus7: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2014
I still don't believe that Russia has mustered enough technologies to match or defeat US.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by CaptBarbosa: 11:53am On Sep 28, 2014
gatiano: if one is to combine all the armed forces of the whole world except the united states(russia, china,japan, mid east, africa, euro union, south america, everybody) against united state, if united states wants, it won't allow a bullet to penetrate his airspace, water or land. but they will bring all down. that is how powerful they are. and they is a single reason for that. GOD gave them all the knowledge they needed so that when GOD brings united states down in just a single day, all the rest will just bow and go and rest.

They have all this and some terrorists hijacked and flew planes into world trade centre?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by CaptBarbosa: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2014
Obi1kenobi: Is this a joke? America's conventional forces would destroy the whole world combined. They have the numbers, they have the training, they have the greatest practise in battle all over the globe, they have he greatest technology. Russia's conventional armed forces isn't even as good as the British, the Germans or the French. They wouldn't even withstand tiny Israel. The strength in Russia's military is in it's nuclear stockpile. No one in their right senses would attack Russia cos like America, they have enough nuclear firepower to destroy the world several times over.

What are you saying? Stop watching CNN.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by gatiano(m): 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
oh yes brother, when we talk about calculated corruption, the nigerian leading looters are rats compare to the caucasian counter-part (when nigerian looters or african loots or steal, they keep it in european banks), this is beside the question. to answer your question, it will require a lot of money to destroy and ten times more to rebuild and million times more to wage war and more profits to acquire another man's land almost for free. the caucasian does not know how to make money except through wars, that is where penicillin, antibiotics, most innovations and developments are gotten, from war.
CaptBarbosa:

They have all this and some terrorists hijacked and flew planes into world trade centre?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by CaptBarbosa: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
focus7: I still don't believe that Russia has mustered enough technology to match or defeat US.

Let me help you. Russian made made military helicopter is the best. Ka 52 is by far better than Apache A10. Russian made PAK FA T - 50 is better than F 22 or F 35. Russian made S 300, S 400 and now S 500 is far better and more reliable than any missile defence in US. Russia has the biggest nuclear bomb ever known to humanity. Russian made nuclear subs are one of the best. NASA/America can only go to space when Russia said so.

When you stop watching or listening to western propaganda and start reading independently you will understand.

By the way, here is your mighty US.

Russia is to deny the US future use of the International Space
Station beyond 2020 and will also bar its rocket engines from
launching US military satellites as it hits back at American sanctions
imposed over Ukraine crisis.

Russia’s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin announced a series
of punitive measures on Tuesday against the US in response to
sanctions imposed after Russia annexed Crimea.

The two countries have long cooperated closely on space
exploration despite their clashes in foreign policy.

The Space Station is manned by both American and Russian crew,
but the only way to reach it is by using Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft.
The US is keen to keep the $100 billion (£600) ISS flying until at
least 2024, four years beyond its original target.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10828964/Russia-to-ban-US-from-using-Space-Station-over-Ukraine-sanctions.html

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by agabusta: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2014

US cannot go to war without Allies.

US is overrated jor. Their military gadgets are usually built with so much money, as such they usually justify the expenses with so much media propaganda as to its capabilities.

Russian military gadgets are usually cheaper but very effective.

Winning a war is not all about dominating the skies. US dominated the skies during Vietnam, bombed d he'll out of the Vietcong, but still lost the war.

During the Korean war, despite the acclaimed military superiority of the US, China and North Korea was still able to effectively curtail them.

If the US is tht powerful, how come they battled for years with the Taliban, and cannot still categorically declare the war a win for them.

Russia is a big and powerful country. US will deal a big blow, but cannot conquer the Russians.

The war will be a war of attrition and will end in a stalemate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic: Yorubas Meet In Sweden To Deliberate The Break Away Of Odua States From Nig / Excess Sleep Causes Buhari To Miss Meeting Pope - breaking times / Heavy Gunshots Riots In Kogi...road Block....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.