Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING (629 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by osile2012: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
I wonder where the idea of church wedding came from. Alot of people believe that if you have not wedded in church by a priest that GOD does not see u as married.

But i tell people that GOD Recognizes the traditional marriage more. In the bible i never read of church wedding where a priest pronounced people husband and wife. The commandment was for the man to pay the bride price to the brides family, and once this is done they are husband and wife.

My question now is, Why did this idea of church or white wedding come from? is it Biblical ?
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by tpia1: 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Alot of people believe that if you have not wedded in church by a priest that GOD does not see u as married.

ok then.

you are living in sin.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by tpia6: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
here we go again with the banning.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by XuteSleeks(m): 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
What verse did you see that 'commandment'?
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by osile2012: 12:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Genesis 34:12
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by osile2012: 12:13am On Sep 28, 2014
Exodus 22:16
If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by osile2012: 12:14am On Sep 28, 2014
tpia1:

ok then.

you are living in sin.

Says who? Show me one church wedding in the bible.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by tpia6: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2014
i was simply agreeing with your point, or isnt that what you typed, or what you say people said?
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by osile2012: 1:07am On Sep 28, 2014
tpia6: i was simply agreeing with your point, or isnt that what you typed, or what you say people said?
Sorry misunderstood u.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by chibwike(m): 4:05am On Sep 28, 2014
gerrout
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by mekaboy(m): 8:55am On Sep 28, 2014
chibwike: gerrout

u need to be delivered.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by chibwike(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2014
mekaboy:

u need to be delivered.
ok, wud see to that
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2014
No there is no where in the bible that says we must be married in a church but it is a good thing to be married in church because it is supposed to add weight to the vows of exclusivity you are saying. The idea being that you are affirming before God and men that your spouse will be your exclusive partner.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by osile2012: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed: No there is no where in the bible that says we must be married in a church but it is a good thing to be married in church because it is supposed to add weight to the vows of exclusivity you are saying. The idea being that you are affirming before God and men that your spouse will be your exclusive partner.
In other words we can do without it.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by LordReed(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
osile2012: In other words we can do without it.

Same way you can do without a car, certainly makes life easier.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by tpia6: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed: No there is no where in the bible that says we must be married in a church but it is a good thing to be married in church because it is supposed to add weight to the vows of exclusivity you are saying. The idea being that you are affirming before God and men that your spouse will be your exclusive partner.

given the fact that a very small number of marriage partners actually practice that in reality, its quite clear exclusivity in relationships is not the rationale for church weddings.

I'd say there are other reasons, depending on the people doing the wedding.
Re: The Idea Of CHURCH WEDDING by LordReed(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2014
tpia6:

given the fact that a very small number of marriage partners actually practice that in reality, its quite clear exclusivity in relationships is not the rationale for church weddings.

I'd say there are other reasons, depending on the people doing the wedding.

I never wrote that exclusivity was the purpose of church wedding. I wrote that the exclusivity of marriage was supposed to be given more gravitas by a church wedding being that you are saying your vows before God and man. Of course there are other reasons just as numerous as human hearts.

(1) (Reply)

Scoan's Miracles Aren't Fake - TB Joshua Fights Back / What Next After You Are Saved In Jesus Christ? / Dr Myles Moroue, Wife, And 7 Others Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.