Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. (1055 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by chibwike(m): 4:19am On Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, most of us do commit sin, ask for forgiveness, God forgives us. But then we might still fall into sin again, coz we are humans. If we asks God for forgiveness again, wud he tend to punish us before forgiving us.
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 28, 2014
I believe mercy is the most important thing. Nobody merits Gods mercy. Consider David,he committed so many atrocities but he was still part of Jesus' fore-fathers. Or Paul, going from a staunch prosecutor to an apostle of Jesus who wrote more than half of the N.T. So,I think mercy cuts it. But I would strongly say that we should never take Grace and Mercy for granted. We may suffer dire consequences. Heb 10:26-'If we willfully sin after we received knowledge of the truth,there no longer remains a sacrifice for our sin'. So,grace is sufficient but its very unwise to test God or to take His Grace for granted. Hope God sheds more light on this issue. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by ByfireByfire: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2014
chibwike: Yeah, most of us do commit sin, ask for forgiveness, God forgives us. But then we might still fall into sin again, coz we are humans. If we asks God for forgiveness again, wud he tend to punish us before forgiving us.
God does not always punish people for sins in the way you present it.There are laws set in nature at creation that triggers consequences when sin is committed and you are also forgeting that sin also opens doors to the devil & his demons to come in & torment people & nations.

Also bear in mind that forgiveness does not always prevent the punishment of a sinful act.David was forgiven but also he was severely punished for sins.Read his lamentations in the psalms.

1 Like

Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by genny2kuk(m): 7:46am On Sep 28, 2014
chibwike: Yeah, most of us do commit sin, ask for forgiveness, God forgives us. But then we might still fall into sin again, coz we are humans. If we asks God for forgiveness again, wud he tend to punish us before forgiving us.

The concept of sowing and reaping applies also to actions done by us. God, in the bible in Gen 8:22 stated that "while the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Some refer to this is karma. When a person does something wrong, he is merely planting a seed, and the result is inevitable. The same goes for someone who does something good.

If after the wrong action, the person realizes his mistake and asks for forgiveness, the bible in 1 John 1:9 states "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." God doesn't just desire to forgive you, He also wants to cleanse you from unrighteousness. This means He wants to take away that thing (could be urge, disposition etc) that causes you to sin.

So even though you have being forgiven by God for repenting and confessing your sins, the fact that those "sinful" acts have being set in motion by the law of sowing and reaping means that there would be results. And these "results" are not brought about by God wanting to punish you, but by the inherent law of what you sow is what you reap.

There's also a remedy, the law of faith. With the law of faith, you can successfully alter the negative results that would have come your way. Mark 11:23 "For verily I (Jesus Christ) say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith"
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by COvo(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2014
When you sin on purpose just because you know that God forgive sins,He would punish you before forgiving you.
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by chibwike(m): 8:11am On Sep 28, 2014
COvo:
When you sin on purpose just because you know that God forgive sins,He would punish you before forgiving you.
wat type of punishment could that be
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 28, 2014
Nope, God don't punish before he forgives us.
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by MizMyColi(f): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2014
Hi Chibwike,
Check this out.

Okay...

First off what exactly will Abba use to punish us?
Is it not His goodness that leads to repentance... Sin is its own punishment

Let's think up a scenario...how exactly will God punish you for sin?

Will He withdraw Himself especially when He said He will never leave or forsake us?

Will he remove someone or something from our lives? Especially when He said His gifts are without repentance?

I don't think so

Abba doesn't punish for sin, He rescues us from it

He made us in His image and likeness and He trusts His nature utterly. When He made man He said, "Be blessed, be fruitful, multiply" "Have dominion over all the earth"

Abba was in essence entrusting the earth to His image and likeness and He trusts that utterly

So has He stopped trusting that...nope

He trusts His image and likeness so much that He always points us back to that... When Jesus came, He showed us not just who Abba truly is but who we truly are

He put a face to God and Man as well.

We are His image and likeness and that is the kingdom...

The Holy Ghost does no different...reminding us, convicting us not if sin but of our true nature righteousness and love.

Knowing fully well that sin is NOT a root but a fruit of something... A fruit of a lie, a fruit of some kind of separation thinking, a fruit of a lie that we are separate from Abba and we have to make our own way

So of what use will "punishment" for sin be exactly? Is it not the root that needs dealing with?

And if so? Shouldn't it be the truth that's ministered to us? "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free"

What is the truth? That we are all His own. One with Abba. We are not sinners. We are not evil. We are not slaves. We are not unloved. We are not bound. We are not weak. We are not synonymous with evil, weakness or failure. We are synonymous with everything that is good. We are divine.

Those are my thoughts

This is the correction of our Abba. The ministration of life and it comes to us NEVER in harshness, impatience or disappointment... But in Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self Control...

These are my thoughts exactly, my best friend wrote this though.
Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have wink
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by chibwike(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2014
MizMyColi: Hi Chibwike,
Check this out.

Okay...

First off what exactly will Abba use to punish us?
Is it not His goodness that leads to repentance... Sin is its own punishment

Let's think up a scenario...how exactly will God punish you for sin?

Will He withdraw Himself especially when He said He will never leave or forsake us?

Will he remove someone or something from our lives? Especially when He said His gifts are without repentance?

I don't think so

Abba doesn't punish for sin, He rescues us from it

He made us in His image and likeness and He trusts His nature utterly. When He made man He said, "Be blessed, be fruitful, multiply" "Have dominion over all the earth"

Abba was in essence entrusting the earth to His image and likeness and He trusts that utterly

So has He stopped trusting that...nope

He trusts His image and likeness so much that He always points us back to that... When Jesus came, He showed us not just who Abba truly is but who we truly are

He put a face to God and Man as well.

We are His image and likeness and that is the kingdom...

The Holy Ghost does no different...reminding us, convicting us not if sin but of our true nature righteousness and love.

Knowing fully well that sin is NOT a root but a fruit of something... A fruit of a lie, a fruit of some kind of separation thinking, a fruit of a lie that we are separate from Abba and we have to make our own way

So of what use will "punishment" for sin be exactly? Is it not the root that needs dealing with?

And if so? Shouldn't it be the truth that's ministered to us? "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free"

What is the truth? That we are all His own. One with Abba. We are not sinners. We are not evil. We are not slaves. We are not unloved. We are not bound. We are not weak. We are not synonymous with evil, weakness or failure. We are synonymous with everything that is good. We are divine.

Those are my thoughts

This is the correction of our Abba. The ministration of life and it comes to us NEVER in harshness, impatience or disappointment... But in Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self Control...

These are my thoughts exactly, my best friend wrote this though.
Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have wink
Wow,MizMyColi always helping out since time immemorial.. Thanks alot ma'am..now those people that delibrately sin everyday, do God just overlook them and hope they repent.....God is just too merciful though
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by MizMyColi(f): 9:22am On Sep 28, 2014
chibwike: Wow,MizMyColi always helping out since time immemorial.. Thanks alot ma'am..now those people that delibrately sin everyday, do God just overlook them and hope they repent.....God is just too merciful though

Lemme ask you Chibwike.

If you had the ability to know the future and the past, and you could see all that I would become, the many mistakes I would make, my failures, my pains.

Tell me, when they start playing out in reality, will you be mad at me?
Won't you be doing your best to ensure that I do not rot in that state?

When everyone offers me hatred, what you'll do is show me raw undiluted love,because, you see me, not for where I am now, but for where I can be.
So when everyone is calling me a Wh0re, Adulteress, Fornicator.
You'll just be looking at them and be like you people don't know Ijeoma as much as I know her.
See, that babe ehn, she's lovely, she's holy, she's magnificent, SHE IS WHOLE.
Ha, I have the power to work on her, to bring out this beautiful side of her that is not yet as visible to the world.
You'll see. You'll see her, in her glory and her splendor.
She is a most high daughter of zion.

Now, the average christian believes that the description I've given above is more license for the person to go on sinning, but they forget easily that Jesus said he who is forgiven more, loves more.

So, even if a person fails God one billion times, let me announce to you this beautiful sunday morning, that contrary to what we've been conditioned to believe, God is not as bothered.

Look Hun, your being is enough proof that you're divine......the more a person connects with who they truly are in God, the more the fangs of sin looses its grip on them.

So the next time you see that brother in your church answer altar call on sunday, only to go and pay area girls for sex on monday, just smile hun, smile.
Don't condemn him or think evil towards him.

Abba is at work in him.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.
It is the holy spirit's job to convict people, not mine, not yours.

For he is at work in us, causing us to do those things which he desires for us.
Only God can lead a man to repentance, true, genuine repentance.
Not the mega church pastor or me, even.

I will keep doing what I know to do best.
Loving them.
Giving them grace.
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by chibwike(m): 9:33am On Sep 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lemme ask you Chibwike.

If you had the ability to know the future and the past, and you could see all that I would become, the many mistakes I would make, my failures, my pains.

Tell me, when they start playing out in reality, will you be mad at me?
Won't you be doing your best to ensure that I do not rot in that state?

When everyone offers me hatred, what you'll do is show me raw undiluted love,because, you see me, not for where I am now, but for where I can be.
So when everyone is calling me a Wh0re, Adulteress, Fornicator.
You'll just be looking at them and be like you people don't know Ijeoma as much as I know her.
See, that babe ehn, she's lovely, she's holy, she's magnificent, SHE IS WHOLE.
Ha, I have the power to work on her, to bring out this beautiful side of her that is not yet as visible to the world.
You'll see. You'll see her, in her glory and her splendor.
She is a most high daughter of zion.

Now, the average christian believes that the description I've given above is more license for the person to go on sinning, but they forget easily that Jesus said he who is forgiven more, loves more.

So, even if a person fails God one billion times, let me announce to you this beautiful sunday morning, that contrary to what we've been conditioned to believe, God is not as bothered.

Look Hun, your being is enough proof that you're divine......the more a person connects with who they truly are in God, the more the fangs of sin looses its grip on them.

So the next time you see that brother in your church answer altar call on sunday, only to go and pay area girls for sex on monday, just smile hun, smile.
Don't condemn him or think evil towards him.

Abba is at work in him.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.
It is the holy spirit's job to convict people, not mine, not yours.

For he is at work in us, causing us to do those things which he desires for us.
Only God can lead a man to repentance, true, genuine repentance.
Not the mega church pastor or me, even.

I will keep doing what I know to do best.
Loving them.
Giving them grace.
MizMyColi, what are you?, has in, who are you?...am speechless right now..u just broke everything into bits and pieces, how did come about this your vast knowledge, i dont really know what to say anymore. May God bless you MizMyColi and increase your wisdom and knowledge ten folds.
Re: Does God Tend To Punish Us, Before He Forgives Our Sins. by MizMyColi(f): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2014
chibwike: Miz MyColi, what are you?, has in, who are you?...am speechless right now..u just broke everything into bits and pieces, how did come about this your vast knowledge, i dont really know what to say anymore. May God bless you Miz MyColi and increase your wisdom and knowledge ten folds.

LoL
Thanks Dear.
I think Holyspirit just replied you, through me, we're one (me and him and eveyone else) afterall.
wink

(1) (Reply)

Any Ethopian Here Or Anyone Who Knows About Ashama, Revert King (614 CE) / Muslims With Phds Joining Islamic Terrorist Groups. / Does God Want Us To Be Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.