Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life (7226 Views)

Maintaining A Consistent Bible Study And Prayer Life. Once You Are Consistent... / 5 Tips For A Better Prayer Life / My Prayer Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Oluwalala(m): 6:24am On Sep 28, 2014
The greatest problem any one can have is not admitting to having a problem.
I have a big problem, my prayer life use to be top notch, I mean I could pray and the host of heaven would listen, but of late, I notice my prayer life dwindling , sometimes I even forget to pray. How do I revive my prayer life, there's nothing more dangerous to the agents of hell, than a christain that prays
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2014
Bro, I can relate to your experience. Some weeks ago,private prayer became very difficult for me. My advice is to take it to God in prayer. Pray that He should keep the fire of prayer burning. Study the Word,accounts of Peter,Paul,Simon,Jesus who had such radical faith and miracles trailing them. Fast and pray,I needn't overemphasize the importance of this. Pray in the spirit vigorously, listen to Men of God, Apostle Arome Osayi,Bishop Benson Idahosa and who rocks your both and confess any lingering sin. Sin keeps you from prayer and prayer keeps you from sin. So confess and forsake any sins. I pray that God will revive the fire of prayer in Jesus name. Happy sunday
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by pendusky(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2014
Sell all ur internet enabled gadgets and buy Nokia touch light... Just that....

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Liveair: 6:57am On Sep 28, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: Bro, I can relate to your experience. Some weeks ago,private prayer became very difficult for me. My advice is to take it to God in prayer. Pray that He should keep the fire of prayer burning. Study the Word,accounts of Peter,Paul,Simon,Jesus who had such radical faith and miracles trailing them. Fast and pray,I needn't overemphasize the importance of this. Pray in the spirit vigorously, listen to Men of God, Apostle Arome Osayi,Bishop Benson Idahosa and who rocks your both and confess any lingering sin. Sin keeps you from prayer and prayer keeps you from sin. So confess and forsake any sins. I pray that God will revive the fire of prayer in Jesus name. Happy sunday

How can he PRAY in order to start praying when his problem is praying in the first place?

OP, first, why did you stop praying? Was it 'cos you just lost interest or because you discovered it wasn't working?
Since you stopped, has your life become any worse or better?

Once these questions are answered, you have a solution.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Liveair:

How can he PRAY in order to start praying when his problem is praying in the first place?

OP, first, why did you stop praying? Was it 'cos you just lost interest or because you discovered it wasn't working?

Prayer doesn't necessarily mean shouting down the roof for God to hear. Its simply a two-way conversation. Just like a man talks to his friend. Hope you get my point
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by qstar(m): 7:11am On Sep 28, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: Prayer doesn't necessarily mean shouting down the roof for God to hear. Its simply a two-way conversation. Just like a man talks to his friend. Hope you get my point

Isn't prayer a one-way communication? god never talks back.

That's the inanity one has to undergo in order to be religious.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by WINDSOW(m): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2014
OP,ΐτ̅'s †ђξ simpliest thing †Φ overcome-prayerlessness.
1)Identify †ђξ causes of your prayerlessness n abstain frm them
2)Ask God for mercy n grace
3)Subject yourself †Φ fasting n praying
With tyme u ll be bouncing back †Φ prayerfulness.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by ByfireByfire: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2014
Oluwalala: The greatest problem any one can have is not admitting to having a problem.
I have a big problem, my prayer life use to be top notch, I mean I could pray and the host of heaven would listen, but of late, I notice my prayer life dwindling , sometimes I even forget to pray. How do I revive my prayer life, there's nothing more dangerous to the agents of hell, than a christain that prays
Look out for things that quench the spirit of prayer.Talkativeness,gossipping,lust of the eyes & mind,unwholesome TV & DVD programmes,giving good opportunities to pray to useless discussions or activties etc.Repent & confess these flaws.Use the method of praying in short but regular intervals.Add short fasts if you can.Repeat these steps & continue in it patiently.Your prayer life will CERTAINLY be fully restored but it comes gradually & needs patience.It may not always come in immediate outpouring as you expect or as you used to have it before.I've experienced this several times.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by EvilBrain1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
Learn to deal with your problems yourself and stop looking for magical solutions.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Oluwalala(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
EvilBrain1: Learn to deal with your problems yourself and stop looking for magical solutions.

Am not looking for magical solutions, am only asking for guidance from those who have been in my shoes.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Oluwalala(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Liveair:

I stopped praying cos I gave priority to petty things and got to busy for God, since I stopped praying my life I won't say has gotten worse , but I can say the worry of not being able to talk to my father (God) is weighing me down
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by EvilBrain1(m): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Oluwalala:

Am not looking for magical solutions, am only asking for guidance from those who have been in my shoes.

What is prayer if not looking for a magical solution? Doesn't the bible say "Jesus is magic" (paraphrased)?
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by MightySparrow: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
Start praying
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
ByfireByfire:
Look out for things that quench the spirit of prayer.Talkativeness,gossipping,lust of the eyes & mind,unwholesome TV & DVD programmes,giving good opportunities to pray to useless discussions or activties etc.Repent & confess these flaws.Use the method of praying in short but regular intervals.Add short fasts if you can.Repeat these steps & continue in it patiently.Your prayer life will CERTAINLY be fully restored but it comes gradually & needs patience.It may not always come in immediate outpouring as you expect or as you used to have it before.I've experienced this several times.
Spot on bro. More grace
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by royalregal(f): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
qstar:
Isn't prayer a one-way communication? god never talks back.
That's the inanity one has to undergo in order to be religious.

Helo,
Prayer is not a one way thing. It's a 2 way thing,as God speaks all the time,u just can't hear him.

JESUS himself said,my sheep know me and they hear and obey my voice. It may even interest u to Know that God in fact speaks a lot and wants us to obey.

It's easier for those with the gift of discernment to hear his voice,so u can channel ur next prayer towards that,for the gift of discernment.

Also the next time u pray,after speaking, be quiet for a few minutes while remaining in the spirit,and then listen for GOD'S voice.God will speak.

It's also important to point out dat many people jump up and get bak to their daily routine after prayers,they never give a minute to listen to God.

Remain blessed. Shalom.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by qstar(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
royalregal:

Helo,
Prayer is not a one way thing. It's a 2 way thing,as God speaks all the time,u just can't hear him.

JESUS himself said,my sheep know me and they hear and obey my voice. It may even interest u to Know that God in fact speaks a lot and wants us to obey.

It's easier for those with the gift of discernment to hear his voice,so u can channel ur next prayer towards that,for the gift of discernment.

Also the next time u pray,after speaking, be quiet for a few minutes while remaining in the spirit,and then listen for GOD'S voice.God will speak.

It's also important to point out dat many people jump up and get bak to their daily routine after prayers,they never give a minute to listen to God.

Remain blessed. Shalom.

How does the voice of god sound like?

Shalom.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by Mrheart: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
royalregal:

Helo,

Remain blessed. Shalom.

Hello royalregal, This is where my interest comes in... pls if you would not mind, please tutor me more on this... because i have a very positive feeling that this is something you start and don't always get it right for the first few times until you get skilled in it.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by dein77(m): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
The best way to revive one's dwindling prayer is to SPEND MORE TIME EATING THE WORD. It has really worked for me.

Before you stopped praying, you had almost already stopped studying the Word.

Spend quality time with the Word.

If problem persists, you may add some levels of fasting.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by spencerwilliams(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
I want all 2 undastand dat der ar some things we see,hear,nd do that drownes our prayer life these things works in ur subconcious.and before u know it u are down in the river of prayalesnes.And dat was why the bible said we should examine ourselves if we are still in the faith.In conclusion i wnt to say before u noticed that you could not pray anylonger,u already lost the zeal before that time.let me drive my point home with dis example.Someone normaly prays every night nd in a particular nit he says to himself let me just rest 2day tomorow i will pray,at that point one ought 2 watch because it normaly starts like that.Remember he is actually tired but that is when the enemy normally strikes.nd bofore u know it 2 to 3 days he has not prayed nd then he realises that something has gone wrong.But he will not understand how it started becos on that day he was actually tired.So try to examine urself everyday and evaluate ur level of comitement to his works.thank u
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by asalimpo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Stop trying to pray long. Just go as lil as you can but try to not giv gaps.
Mayb u use to pray long and intensely and burned out.
Just try to go even 5 minutes.
Re: How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life by asalimpo(m): 1:32am On Dec 05, 2014
make a list of things to pray for. Pray on eact item on your list thoroughly. Bf u know it much time wudve gone by.

(1) (Reply)

Yep! TB Joshua Is Very Dead! / So Which Is The True Religion? / 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.