Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,542 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge (7228 Views)

Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / The Story Of Moses: Bible And Quran' Be The Judge / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
compiled by Abuzola

As-Salamu Alaykum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم) is an Arabic spoken greeting used by Muslims as well as Arab Christians and Jews. The term Salam in Arabic means "Peace". The greeting may also be transliterated as aSalaam 'Alaykum which means "Peace from Allah transcend Upon You". The traditional response is wa `Alaykum As-Salaam, meaning "and Upon You Be Peace". This type of greeting is common in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. Its Hebrew counterpart greeting is Shalom aleichem and in Maltese is Sliem ghalikom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As-Salamu_Alaykum

Note; Peace be upon or with you means Salamu alaikum in Arabic

New American standard Bible
1 Peter 5:14 Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace be to you all who are in Christ.

Psalm 128:6 Indeed, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!

2Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

John 20:19 -
So when it was evening on that day, the first {day} of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, "Peace {be} with you."

John 20:21 - So Jesus said to them again, "Peace {be} with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you."

John 20:26 -
After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace {be} with you."

Why are the christian not following this tradition but only muslim, this is why muslim claim jesus to be a muslim

JESUS AND ISLAM ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam (Arabic: الإسلام‎ al-’islām, pronounced [ʔislæːm] ( listen)[note 1]) is a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion based on the teachings of the Qur’an, a religious book considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh), and the Islamic prophet Muhammad's personally demonstrated examples (collected through narration of his companions in the volumes of Hadith) for implementing them. The word Islam is a homograph, having multiple meanings, and a triliteral of the word salam, which directly translates as peace. Other meanings include submission, or the total surrender of oneself to God (see Islam (term)).[1] An adherent of Islam is a Muslim, meaning "one who submits (to God)".[2][3] The word Muslim is the participle of the same verb of which Islām is the infinitive. Muslims regard Islam as the completed and universal version of an original monotheistic faith revealed to peoples before, including to Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets. Islamic tradition holds that previous messages have changed and the revelations were distorted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

Lets see jesus and Islam meaning peace

American standard version Bible

Romans 5:1 -
Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ;

John 14:27 -
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.

1Corinthians 1:3 -
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 16:20 -
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Romans 1:7
To all that are in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:33 -
Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen

Ephesians 6:15
and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

1 Thessalonians 5:23 -
And the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Thessalonians 1:2 -
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Peter 3:14 -
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for these things, give diligence that ye may be found in peace, without spot and blameless in his sight.

"That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him, He nut says to it, 'Be, and it is. (Maryam 19:34-35)

"And when God said, 'O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God"? He said, 'To you be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, you would have known it, knowing what is within my heart, though I do not know your knowledge; you know the things unseen. I only said to them what you did commands me: "Serve God, my God and your God." (Al-Maida 5-116)
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2009
"And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, Allwise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)

"And when Jesus son of Mary said, 'Children of Israel, I am indeed the Messenger to you, confirming the Torah that is before me, and giving good tiding of a Messenger who shall be the praised one."(As-Saff 61:6)

As for the believers, who do deeds of righteousness, we will pay them their rewards in full, and He will give them more, of His bounty; as for them who disdain and walks proud, then He will punish with a severe punishment, and they shall not find for them, apart from God, a friend or helper." (An-Nissa 4:171-173
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2009
"And when Jesus perceived their unbelief, he said 'Who will be my helpers in the cause of God? The apostles said, 'we are Gods helpers. We believe in God; so bear witness of our submission God, we believe in that you have sent down, and we follow the Messenger. Inscribe us therefore with those who bear witness. 'And they devised, and God devised, and God devised, and God is the best of divisors. When God said, 'Jesus, I will take you to Me and will raise you to Me, and I will purify you (of the falsehoods) of those who do not believe. I will make your followers above the unbelievers till the Resurrection Day."(Al-Imran 3:52-55)

"And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, Allwise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)

When he decrees a thing He but say to it, "Be", and it is. (Al-Imran 3:45-47)

"That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him, He nut says to it, 'Be, and it is. (Maryam 19:34-35)
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
stop lying!

1. Islam means SUBMISSION not peace. Is Islam the same as salam?

2. Have you forgotten this portion of the bible too? - John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

The peace of Christ is NOT the empty "salam" type.
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by gen2genius(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola, your mentality disgusts amazes me!  shocked

All you ever do with your life is roam drunkenly around the net looking for ways to attack Christians and Christianity (online "jihad" perhaps).

Don't you ever think of anything positive? Why is your mind so dark and inclined to EVIL?

And the way you present your "facts" are even more appalling!

Seriously, what class are you in your secondary quranic school? grin
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
davidylan:

stop lying!

1. Islam means SUBMISSION not peace. Is Islam the same as salam?

2. Have you forgotten this portion of the bible too? - John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

The peace of Christ is NOT the empty "salam" type.

David, if i say Islam means peace i know you will doubt it thats why i posted the wikipaedia meaning of Islam.

Incase you skip it, here it is again

The word Islam is a homograph, having multiple meanings, and a triliteral of the word salam, which directly translates as peace. Other meanings include submission, or the total surrender of oneself to God (see Islam (term)).[1] An adherent of Islam is a Muslim, meaning "one who submits (to God)"

Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

The word Islam is a homograph, having multiple meanings, and a triliteral of the word salam, which directly translates as peace. [size=15pt]Other meanings include submission, or the total surrender of oneself to God (see Islam (term))[/size].[1] An adherent of Islam is a Muslim, meaning "one who submits (to God)"

did you forget that portion also?

Again stop lying . . . wikipedia is NOT the most credible source as it can be written or edited by anyone with a bias. Islam DIRECTLY means submission . . . that you must forcefully stretch it to mean salam is dishonest.
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by gen2genius(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2009
grin grin grin

See why I say you think through your anus, Abuzola? The wikipedia quote says Islam has MULTIPLE meanings. And it's "salam" which means "peace", not Islam. Besides, no one needs your definition of Islam - we all know it stands for violence and terrorism! wink tongue tongue
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
yeah other meaning could be that, but thank Dod you have seen it,

for your information by God who created me i already know islam as Peace since i was a boy, even 6 years old boy can answer the question, too bad you are a christian thats why. thats what we call hypocrite cool
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

yeah other meaning could be that, but thank Dod you have seen it,

for your information by God who created me i already know islam as Peace since i was a boy, even 6 years old boy can answer the question, too bad you are a christian thats why. thats what we call hypocrite cool

you only know islam as "peace" because you have been indoctrinated to believe it. Take a good look at muslim nations, point to one that has "peace".
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2009
Qatar, oman, kuwait, tunisia, saudi etc,
The question you should ask yourself is Who use to inflict wars so as to steal oil in the middle east ? certainly you have the answer yourself
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2009
gen2genius:

grin grin grin

See why I say you think through your anus, Abuzola? The wikipedia quote says Islam has MULTIPLE meanings. And it's "salam" which means "peace", not Islam. Besides, no one needs your definition of Islam - we all know it stands for violence and terrorism! wink tongue tongue

It seems you are confused with the word triliteral, why not check your dico before jumping into conclusion embarassed
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Qatar, oman, kuwait, tunisia, saudi etc,
The question you should ask yourself is Who use to inflict wars so as to steal oil in the middle east ? certainly you have the answer yourself

qatar, oman, kuwait (gulf war), tunisia, saudi arabia are NOT PEACEFUL STATES! That you dont hear of them often makes no difference. They are all intolerant havens of terrorists and sources of slush funds for terror activities.

I wonder why you didnt mention Pakistan and co.

Enough of that ridiculous islamic dishonest attempt of pushing the US as inciting "wars" in arab nations to get oil. The US prospects for oil in Europe and Africa . . . why are there no wars or terrorists there? What is special about the arab oil that incites wars?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

It seems you are confused with the word triliteral, why not check your dico before jumping into conclusion embarassed

you are the confused one . . .

[size=13pt]Triliteral - A word root in a Semitic languages which consist of three letters; Used to describe word roots in Semitic languages which consist of three letters[/size]

Does islam or salam consist of three letters? See why you shldnt always take wikipedia as gospel?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2009
where is abuzola the resident liar for allah?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2009
You are bias in the definition and concerning the middle east oil, am sure you are pretending
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2009
Triliteral - A word root in a Semitic languages which consist of three letters; Used to describe word roots in Semitic languages which consist of three letters

1) peace.
2) Other meanings include submission,
3) or the total surrender of oneself to God

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

You are bias in the definition and concerning the middle east oil, am sure you are pretending

this is silly and sadly a reflection of the disgusting deciet and dishonesty that is a virtue in islam.

How am i biased in defining triliteral? I thought you knew it the way you were accusing someone else of ignorance? Let me help you with the definition from another source -

Consisting of three letters, especially of three consonants. Used chiefly of roots in Semitic languages.

n.
A three-letter word or word element.
A triliteral root or word.

Another source - tri·lit·eral (trī lit′ər əl)
adjective
consisting of three letters; specif., consisting of three consonants most roots of Semitic languages are triliteral

Lets assume we go with the side-def as "consisting of 3 consonants" . . . islam CANNOT be a triliteral of salam (like the wikipedia author tried to deceive us with) as both salam and islam contain 3 consonants! If salam contained more than 3 then we could buy his warped argument!

As regards the oil . . . dont be silly. The US gets a lot of its oil from Nigeria . . . where are there no wars and why are we not exporting terrorists like your islamic friends?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Triliteral - A word root in a Semitic languages which consist of three letters; Used to describe word roots in Semitic languages which consist of three letters

1) peace.
2) Other meanings include submission,
3) or the total surrender of oneself to God

Keep deceiving yourself

lol look at the definition YOU gave . . . then ask yourself if islam consists of 3 letters. grin What an ignorant oaf.
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2009
davidylan:

lol look at the definition YOU gave . . . then ask yourself if islam consists of 3 letters. grin What an ignorant oaf.

Futile. is what you are reading quoted in transliterion or its original arabic ?

Since you do not understand Arabic you will not get the Triliteral, what you are reading 'Islam' is written in transliteration. so am sorry there is nothing i can do
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by javalove(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2009
@david

most times, you talk as if u didnt see the four walls of a school

Salam = Pease
Al-Islam which is culled from the word Salam (Peace) means "Religion of Peace"

Sometimes all in the effort to discredit Islam u lie. If your english teacher gives you the passage posted by Abuzola as a test and she asks you yo give 2 meanings of Islam, you will exclude peace?

And how much of Arabic or any other language do u know sef for u to say Islam does not mean peace. . .

ori e fo ka sibe grin
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2009
Quran 4:49-50
Have you not seen those (christians) who claim sanctity for themselves ? Nay, but Allah sanctifies whom He wills, and they will not be dealt with injustice even equal to the extent of a scalish thread in the long slit of a date stone. Look how they invent a lie against God and enough is that as a manifest sin.

Have you not seen those (christians) who claim sanctity for themselves ? Nay, but Allah sanctifies whom He wills, and they will not be dealt with injustice even equal to the extent of a scalish thread in the long slit of a date stone. Look how they invent a lie against God and enough is that as a manifest sin.

cheesy
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2009
The light of truth has come to you

Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by gen2genius(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
BEHOLD THE SHAMEFUL DEATH OF A RANDY PROPHET!!! cry cry

Allah gave muhammed the best death a Hot man can dream of, he died while making love to the one he loved to make love most! grin

PROOF THAT HE DIED DURING AN EXPLOSIVE MOMENT

Ibn Hisham page 682:

….that he heard Aisha say: “The apostle died on my bosom during my turn: [of having sex with]. It was due to my ignorance and extreme youth that the apostle died in my arms

Sahih Bukhari,
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 144:

Narrated ‘Aisha:
He died on the day of my usual turn ( of having sex) at my house. Allah took him unto him while his head was between my chest and my neck and his saliva was mixed with my SALIVA.

Aisha is blaming her youth and ignorance for causing Prophet’s death . Aisha’s eager cooperation excited Prophet immensely which lead to a wild session of pre-intimacy and tongue action followed by intensive sex . Due to her inexperience she could not see the danger of an old man performing sex with a young woman during his serious illness. Timely slowing down or stopping him could have saved his life. Prophet had an explosive climax which his old and sick heart could not handle and went in a cardiac arrest. She saw him die and slump on her bosom during his moment of extreme pleasure. (which is not uncommon in such cases). That is why she felt guilty of causing his death,

HE DID NOT RECITE KALIMA AT DEATH !!!
shocked shocked

The hadiths indicate that instead of having kalima on his mouth like a good muslim during his last moments , prophet’s mouth was busy in tongue action and French kissing.

HARD FACTS

His body must have stiffened as he died during his pleasure moment in an “as is” condition. The fact that they tried to cover him with triple shroud indicates an embarrassing bulge which they must have tried to even out by extra layers of clothing. They wouldn’t have wanted all to know what their prophet was up to when he died.

Dawood, Book 20, Number 3147:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was shrouded in three garments made in Najran: two garments and one shirt in which he died.

Apparently neither the three clothing layers nor the reported delay in burial helped in the situation and he was buried quietly.

grin grin grin
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
Blatant liar, why did you put bracket so as to divert the meaning

we ain't fools

The Prophet use to stay in their room turn by turn and on the day he died he died in Aisha room while she was taking care of him during his sickness, h is head was on her lap

Sahih Bukhari,
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 144:

Narrated ‘Aisha:
He died on the day of my usual turn at my house. Allah took him unto him while his head was between my chest and my neck and his saliva was mixed with my SALIVA.
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by gen2genius(m): 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2009
Hmm, saliva mixing with saliva is surely the best way to treat a "sick" prophet wink cheesy cheesy
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
javalove:

@david

most times, you talk as if u didnt see the four walls of a school

Salam = Pease
Al-Islam which is culled from the word Salam (Peace) means "Religion of Peace"

Sometimes all in the effort to discredit Islam u lie. If your english teacher gives you the passage posted by Abuzola as a test and she asks you yo give 2 meanings of Islam, you will exclude peace?

And how much of Arabic or any other language do u know sef for u to say Islam does not mean peace. . .

ori e fo ka sibe  grin

you're just being dishonest. We all know that al-islam DIDNT COME FROM THE ROOT WORD SALAM! Your wikipedia apologist didnt even attempt to make that silly and fraudulent correlation. He tried to use the triliteral excuse which again doesnt hold water as salam itlself contains only 3 consonants!

Repeating a lie doesnt make it true. I saw the 4 walls of a school that is why ignorant islamobots like you cant deceive me no more.

All scholars agree on one thing . . . islam means submission. But Salam does not mean submission at all! Infact its arabic and hebrew meanings are THE SAME - peace/tranquility! Nothing like submission there.

How then can islam be derived from salam and mean 2 opposing things at the same time? Does peace translate to submission?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Blatant liar, why did you put bracket so as to divert the meaning

so you know that is what your fraudulent muslim scholars do when they put words in bracket in the quran?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
gen2genius:

Hmm, saliva mixing with saliva is surely the best way to treat a "sick" prophet wink cheesy cheesy
\

Thats what we call console, a sick patient is expected to be shown care and love than never before, by passionate kissing is one of it

You guys are avoiding the thread subject, no be ur fault
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Thats what we call console, a sick patient is expected to be shown care and love than never before, by passionate kissing is one of it

sex between a child and a chronically ill old degenerate soul is console (sic)? grin

Abuzola:

You guys are avoiding the thread subject, no be ur fault

What is in the thread? A silly attempt to spin words in the bible to have islamic meaning by force?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
javalove:

ori e fo ka sibe grin

this is what this islamobot learnt from allah?
Re: 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2009
@david, this is something i know and is vivid in the book of hadith, something like people of the book is generally known as jews and christians because they were the one given the book, like We which is referred to Allah and many more. Check out the hadith below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / So Which Is The True Religion? / Migrant Crisis: Slovakia 'Will Only Accept Christians'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.