Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

So Which Is The True Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Which Is The True Religion? (7246 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Which Is The True Religion? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2010
I have observed how arguments and counter arguments rain down in this forum.
Muslims say it is theirs, Christains say it is theirs, Jehovah's Witnesses say their way is the true way. Even Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims do not agree on certain standards. The grail movement beckon on you to read the message. You have the Catholics and their doctrines giving honour to Mary. 'Cele' people go to rivers an streams, they do not put on shoes and they wear white garments, Adventists do not each periwinkles and other animals because they are unclean,Hindus revere the Cow, Muslims detest pork, and the din, chaos, comatose, jingle and angle goes on and on. It has lead to insults and abuse (even on this forum) and death through suicide bombings and Christan crusades of old. Even the Olumba believers take him (Olumba) to be God.

Now my thought is this. Each of these religions,even denominations and sub denominations believe that their way is best and leads to the supreme being and creator of the heavens and the earth. As a Nigerian poet once put it;

Religion's Legion, each proud of its own way, (Each) CLAIMING RIGHT OF WAY TO JUST ONE BEING''.

Now my take is this. Are you saying that as I am born a Christain and I have been indoctrinated and taught from childhood to believe Christianity as truth, when the Muslim God comes I (and all other christains) will go to hell and burn forever? Lets look at it the other way round. I have a friend Yusuf. He was born in the North, he has been to Arabic school from childhood. He believes the prophet Mohamed (PBUH) as the messenger of Allah as he has been taught from childhood and indoctrinated. Are you saying that Yusuf will go to hell when the christian rapture comes.?
WHAT ABOUT THE MILLIONS OF (OUR) ANCESTORS THAT WERE NEITHER CHRISTAINS NOR MUSLIMS?ON WHAT RELIGION WILL THEY BE JUDGED?

Muslims, is it my fault that I was born into a christian family? Christians, was it the fault of a baby that she/he is born into a Muslim family?

My questions are many I havent even started.
So God allowed me to be born into a Muslim Family, I am taught how to be a Muslim and good one, then suddenly rapture comes and then God says ''Go away!You are a Muslim! don't you think that is a set up? Why would he want me to be born into a christian family and expect that suddenly all Christians should become Muslims or other wise?OK if he doesn't expect all of us to change from the fake religion to the true religion. How does he choose? Does he take delight in setting people up and punishing them?

I NEED ANSWER PLEASE ANDTHE QUESTIONS ARE STILL MANY OH.

2 Likes

Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by vescucci(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2010
Eya. I don't really think any religion is the way. It smacks of exclusiveness and I don't think God is exclusive to any religion if any at all. I have not had any personal encounter with God though I believe in Him. What I did was dissociate from the religion I was born with and started studying. Thus far, all religions are full of 60% sentimental bullshit, 30% truth that you don't need religion to tell you and about 10% valuable stuff. Attune your mind not to simply hear what you wanna hear and sift truth from falsehood objectively. In my opinion, you can only be convinced something is untrue in religion. The truth is tricky. So keep an open mind. Do not waste your time on things that don't matter if it were true or not, such as things that happen after you die. You'll find out soon enough. Good luck.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by omobadan(m): 1:56am On Oct 06, 2010
vescucci, well said.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2010
We all agree that there is a supreme being out there who made the heavens and the earth. It is just too beautiful, complex and well planned to have come by chance.

So what is the way to this supreme being? Love the earth and your fellow man?

I want to know. I want to know. I want those that can think to please reply. Only thoughtful mind please.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by beautyline(f): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2010
There is no true religion, only a true God.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by InesQor(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2010
@dabriggs:

Although these traits are commonly used with men, I will use them of God: God is Just, Honest, Faithful and True.

It's an individual thing. Deep down within your heart, you know the truth, besides whatever anybody here says. This truth is static, ONE, but YOUR own appraisal of the truth is not static, it changes with more information you receive, especially in this information age. It's like turning an antenna to tune in and receive radio signals. Keep turning and fine-tuning!

If you are ravishingly hungry, you will find satisfying food. Whatever the means you have to employ to get it!

Getting this right is like seeking treasure. Nobody will hand it to you on a platter of gold. Look for truth! Search deep!! Don't sell it when you find it! Weigh in on all you have known and heard of.

God will judge you based on what you did and thought and said. These three things are in turn based on what you believed, what you knew, what you had the chance to know but shirked, and what you rejected outright.

Cheers!

P.S. I am a Christian.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by mazaje(m): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2010
There is NO true religion, NOTHING like that exist anywhere. . . .ALL religions are nothing but man made cultures created for various reasons. . . . .All the Gods of man made religions are man made. . . . . . .If there is a God out there that created the universe believe me NOBODY knows what it is, what it wants and how it operates. . .All man made religions and the Gods the religions created are pure sentimental bullshit as someone here stated. . . . .
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by kolaoloye(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2010
beautyline:

You just earned my respect.
I said it before:God did not create or institute any religion.
Religion is bondage,that is why I'm not a fanatic.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by manmustwac(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2010
Well since God cannot make himself present how are you guys so sure that there is a god?
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
manmustwac:

Well since God cannot make himself present how are you guys so sure that there is a god?
Ok what do u think? Is there a God or not?
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Bastage: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
There can be no such thing as a "true" religion.
Religions are beliefs. Beliefs are not truths.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 1:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
none >>> only fallible men >>> practicing biased religions/irreligions
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by manmustwac(m): 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
toba:

Ok what do u think? Is there a God or not?
YOU already know the answer to that question
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Kay17: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ bastage,
i think that is the root of all the trouble, beliefs and assumptions are mistaken for the truth.

if one presumes there is a god, he must be aware, he diving into speculation.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by MissyB2: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
Hoping to learn from this topic as I find it interesting.
beautyline:

Every religion presents to you, different gods - Christianity [GOD of the Bible] Islam [allah] Hinduism [brahma(n)].
I believe there's only one True God and that's the GOD of the Bible; the Christian GOD. Yusuf also believes there's only one true God, and to him, that's allah.
In the light of this observation, it's safe to say that, one's conception of a true god depends on the religion one practices. That brings us back to the OP's question - which religion presents the True God?

Bastage:

There can be no such thing as a "true" religion.
Religions are beliefs. Beliefs are not truths.
Not all beliefs are false.
**I've always had a strong conviction/belief that elephants fly in the US, though without any concrete proof to fortify this notion. I actually visited the US last week and I saw flying elephants**. Was I wrong all along? No.
It's called true belief.

dabriggs:

My questions are many I havent even started.
So God allowed me to be born into a Muslim Family, I am taught how to be a Muslim and good one, then suddenly rapture comes and then God says ''Go away!You are a Muslim! don't you think that is a set up? Why would he want me to be born into a christian family and expect that suddenly all Christians should become Muslims or other wise?OK if he doesn't expect all of us to change from the fake religion to the true religion. How does he choose? Does he take delight in setting people up and punishing them?
One wouldn't be condemned for being born into a muslim home or accepted for being born into a christian home. So, there's no issue of 'set up' here.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by MyJoe: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^ Who's the cheeky moderator banning my most excellent Missy? Just give me their name(s).  angry
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Bastage: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
Missy ♥ B:

Not all beliefs are false.
**I've always had a strong conviction/belief that elephants fly in the US, though without any concrete proof to fortify this notion. I actually visited the US last week and I saw flying elephants**. Was I wrong all along? No.
It's called true belief.

No. You you are getting mixed up between knowledge and belief.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
Missy ♥ B:

Islam [allah]
Thats just the Arabic term dear do not get confuse by the Arabic language.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by vescucci(m): 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
I think being good to others and yourself and to God if that's possible is all that matters. Religion (not brainwashing) cannot make a truly good person bad, only stupid. But religion can turn a bad person into a thorough psychopath.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2010
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
manmustwac:

YOU already know the answer to that question
i dont think i know thats y i ve asked u. So is there a God or not
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Niyi53(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2010
I wuld advice an honest seeker after truth to study every religion without a biased mind, study every scripture as if you ve never heard anything abt it b4, nd thats ur first time of coming to know abt it, AND ALSO PRAY TO GOD THE ALMIGHTY TO SHOW YOU THE TRUE PATH.
Good luck!!!
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by MissyB2: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
Bastage:

No. You you are getting mixed up between knowledge and belief.
Trust me darling, I'm not. . . . .Plus, that's beside the point.
The aim of my comment was to explain that not all beliefs are false, as you say.

MyJoe:

^^^ Who's the cheeky moderator banning my most excellent Missy? Just give me their name(s).  angry
Lol!
Let's just say she's not worth your time and energy. . . .We'll forgive her. tongue grin

Niyi53:

I wuld advice an honest  seeker after truth to study every religion without a biased mind, study every scripture as if you ve never heard anything abt it b4, nd thats your first time of coming to know abt it, AND ALSO PRAY TO GOD THE ALMIGHTY TO SHOW YOU THE TRUE PATH.
Good luck!!!
Which GOD would that person be praying to? grin

rokiatu:

Thats just the Arabic term dear do not get confuse by the Arabic language.
Probably. It's still not same as the GOD of the Bible. cool
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Niyi53(m): 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
The person should pray to his Creator, the Maker of the heavens and earth and all thats in between
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Niyi53(m): 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2010
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by joshelen(m): 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
The first thing is to be wise enough to accept there is God, the architect of everything, evolution and other theorem make no sense. If there was a big bang, who is behind, what start it. The next thing is to sincere enough to seek God whatever your religious background, you are the one that matter to God not your religion and finaly be ready to follow God order without fear or favor, you get more reality of Gods accepted way. Those who died without hearing something will be judged according to their conscience but those who carelessly reject God shall not escape His wrath
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by MissyB2: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
Niyi53:

@ missy, i advice u read this book
http://alislam.org/library/books/message-of-peace.pdf
Page can't be found.
Plus, it has to do with Islam? What concerns . . .? smiley
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by excanny: 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
But why would a True God not allow people to know the true way to him?
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Niyi53(m): 7:36am On Oct 07, 2010
excanny:

But why would a True God not allow people to know the true way to him?
The true God has revealed Himself, and will continue to do so till the end of time. In every religion whatsoever, you will always find the sign of the True God in it. Its only that after some time the became corrupted. Its an established fact that polytheism do manifest after monotheism has been established. And its in order to establish that monotheism that prophets are been sent.
If you wuld not mind, i advice u to read just the book titled "the introduction to the study of the Holy Quran" you will find it at http://alislam.org/library/books/
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Niyi53(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2010
Missy ♥ B:

Page can't be found.
Plus, it has to do with Islam? What concerns . . .? smiley
im sorry, try this instead http://alislam.org/library/books/
then under selected books of the promised messiah, select "message of peace"

different subjects was discussed in it, bt im refering u 2 it for u to know abt: God been the God of the bible, quran,vedas, ?
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by excanny: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2010
Niyi53:

The true God has revealed Himself, and will continue to do so till the end of time. In every religion whatsoever, you will always find the sign of the True God in it. Its only that after some time the became corrupted. Its an established fact that polytheism do manifest after monotheism has been established. And its in order to establish that monotheism that prophets are been sent.
If you wuld not mind, i advice u to read just the book titled "the introduction to the study of the Holy Quran" you will find it at http://alislam.org/library/books/

I dont quite agree with you.

The religions teach contradictory things as to what God requires of people. Which means that all these contradictions is not= The Truth. I believe that God would not want to muddle himself in this kind of confusion. So there has to be one way that is the right way. It's left for people to investigate, and hopefully find.
Re: So Which Is The True Religion? by Niyi53(m): 10:24am On Oct 07, 2010
excanny:

I dont quite agree with you.

The religions teach contradictory things as to what God requires of people. Which means that all these contradictions is not= The Truth. I believe that God would not want to muddle himself in this kind of confusion. So there has to be one way that is the right way. It's left for people to investigate, and hopefully find.
i completely agree with this view of yours, only if u would read the book i told u abt 'the introduction to the study of the holy Quran', study it with sincerity, all this are explained in it!!!
I told u that all the religion are from God but latter becomes corrupt, if you study all religious scriptures, you will realise that they all agree on the fundamental which is that God is one!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 / 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge / Happy Easter To Every Nairaland Member!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.