Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? (6385 Views)

How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Is Church Attendance Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax:
D part of d Bible people see as lies is the part they can't comprehend or read meaning into....D [b]Holy bible was written with inspiration from the holyspirirt and so requires the HolySpirirt for interpretation a[/b]s well...so can u tell me some parts of dat Bible u dim to be lies...
NB:Ds is no argument ....its sharing of thoughts..so we can actually speak out for wat our belief is

Wrong.

I do not agree. Hmmmm ooooooo gosh I wish am on A desktop or with a laptop. Will love to debate with you more believe me.

However marieolae sorry for turning your thread into ...... grin
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Dbestmax(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus:

Wrong.

I do not agree. Hmmmm ooooooo gosh I wish am on A desktop or with a laptop. Will love to debate with you more believe me.

However marieolae sorry for turning your thread into ...... grin
I look 4ward 2 dat cos it dosent end here...

Hmm... Marieolae my lov understands...even though she gave me bak my ring...we're working on getting bak 2geda...lol...help me tel her I still love her...#winks
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax:
I look 4ward 2 dat cos it dosent end here...

Hmm... Marieolae my lov understands...even though she gave me bak my ring...we're working on getting bak 2geda...lol...help me tel her I still love her...#winks

Lol. Marieolae he still loves u.
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2014

Symbol of Uniqueness and identity. Symbol of Atheism

Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by ElFenomeno1: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
NO!
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by marieolae(f): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus:

Lol. Marieolae he still loves u.
lol see what u ppl have turned my thread into
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
marieolae: lol see what u ppl have turned my thread into

Lol. We want you to be strong in what you believe in.

U ignored the part where I did he loves wink you.

Lastly evening dear and how was your day?
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by marieolae(f): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus:

Lol. We want you to be strong in what you believe in.

U ignored the part where I did he loves wink you.

Lastly evening dear and how was your day?
lol I dnt know what to say about that. It was stressful and yours
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
marieolae: lol I dnt know what to say about that. It was stressful and yours

Lol.

Sorry. Mine was ok
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by marieolae(f): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus:

Lol.

Sorry. Mine was ok
cool
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by rattlesnake(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
ITbomb: It is explicitly written, 'do not neglect the gathering of the saints'.

You would agree with me that if you go to a spirit fill church, you feel recharged after each meetings.
We have the spirit of truth in us that tell us when things are not the way it suppose to be, and that is the spirit talking to you now.

My advice is that instead of you to be brought down from grace by the ones that supposed to lead you to grace, you change association. Staying away from church will bring a gradual sublime decay to your soul till it reach a point nothing else matters to you.

Don't just walk into a new church, listen to messages on TV and understand whether the pastor is talking about only your physical prosperity or he preaches love and soul upliftment, look at the life of those who attend the church, do they translate love in all their dealings or they are living a 'Pastor says' life.

Get a living church and worship, constant teaching of the word of God opens up your life to a new meaning
where two or three GATHER....so gathering is from.two people upward

1 Like

Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by destante(f): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
churches will always have issues to confront, internal wrangling and all, as a human gathering. I don't think it should be a basis for consideration in deciding to go to church. The essence is to learn from others and the church authorities what you may miss on your own. I also remember one part of the bible that says thou shall not forsake the gatherings of the saint. smiley
I miss church too sha once in a while sad
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by ayukdaboss(m): 2:16am On Oct 03, 2014
XketchDesigns: I noticed you have tried to improve on your spelling mistakes but your punctuation is still horrible. Keep working on it sweety.
cheesy cheesy cheesy *Shakes head*
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by ayukdaboss(m): 2:21am On Oct 03, 2014
Ymodulus:

You need to ask yourself is there a God at the first place.

I will neglect the fact am Atheist and answer you from a neutral perspective but outside the four walls of the religion thought or dogma.

there is no command in scripture which says that a believer in Christ must attend a church building in order to worship God? This is true. Also, there are no examples of any follower of Christ going to a church building to worship God. They worshipped God by their obedience to Him in every area of life, every day of their lives. They did not worship Him by giving only one hour of their time every week to some temple made with hands.

A "Church" is basically a temple made with hands. Does God dwell in temples made with hands? Scripture tells us:

Acts 7:48, "Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"
Acts 17:24, "God...dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"

Keep in mind that the real question we seek to ask is not whether we are to worship, but how we are to worship. Perhaps the question is also where we are to do that. Are we able to do these things only in a building whose mortgage payments are being paid by a State-incorporated ecclesiastical institution, or may we obey them in our homes, or in a context of decentralized, informal, voluntary gatherings? The question before us is, need we "attend church?" Need we hear the "sermons" of special priests in order to obey the Biblical commands to exhort one another and discuss the Scriptures? Can we obey these commands if we only "attend church"?

Answer is no
I really wonder sometimes how atheist know more about the scriptures than 'devoted' Christians. angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2014
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by marieolae(f): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2014
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2014
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2014
One day, a little girl out of curiosity of always watching her mother cut the head of a fish away before frying it asked for d reason.
Her mother told her that's how it has always been prepared and her mother and grandmother do it like that.
So the girl not satisfied with the answer went to her mother's grandmother and repeated d question she asked her mother.
She was told that the reason for cutting the head of d fish before frying was simply because her frying pan couldn't couldnt contain all d fish so she has to have the heads cut off.
The little girl now armed with this answer realised that the cutting of d fish heads before frying has to do with necessity rather than it being the proper way of frying a fish.

So nothing stops u from frying the fish with the head intact if u have a larger frying pan or pot.

Hope u guys understand d meaning of wat i wrote?

Happy Sunday 2 u all

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 10:08am On Oct 12, 2014
micynute94:
One day, a little girl out of curiosity of always watching her mother cut the head of a fish away before frying it asked for d reason.
Her mother told her that's how it has always been prepared and her mother and grandmother do it like that.
So the girl not satisfied with the answer went to her mother's grandmother and repeated d question she asked her mother.
She was told that the reason for cutting the head of d fish before frying was simply because her frying pan couldn't couldnt contain all d fish so she has to have the heads cut off.
The little girl now armed with this answer realised that the cutting of d fish heads before frying has to do with necessity rather than it being the proper way of frying a fish.

So nothing stops u from frying the fish with the head intact if u have a larger frying pan or pot.

Hope u guys understand d meaning of wat i wrote?

Happy Sunday 2 u all

Wow i was lost seriously.
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 12, 2014
Ymodulus:

I dont believe it. Though i didnt understand all what he said but i dont believe you were lost.
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2014
Ymodulus:

grin
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2014
Hadizy:

I dont believe it. Though i didnt understand all what he said but i dont believe you were lost.

What part didn't u understand?
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 12, 2014
micynute94:

What part didn't u understand?
Well let me just say i amnot sure of my interpretation
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2014
Hadizy:

Well let me just say i amnot sure of my interpretation

Hmmmmn, K
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2014
Ymodulus:

Like seriously, u lost? Y??
Hope it ain't anywhere near doz border?
I refuse to go there looking 4 a lost nairalander. Nah i strongly refuse.
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2014
micynute94:

Like seriously, u lost? Y??
Hope it ain't anywhere near doz border?
I refuse to go there looking 4 a lost nairalander. Nah i strongly refuse.
Do you care explaining.
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2014
Hadizy:

Do you care explaining.

About d story right??
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2014
micynute94:

About d story right??

angry angry

Yes. Please!!!!
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2014
Hadizy:

angry angry

Yes. Please!!!!

The story is complex and has a lot of different meaning depending on the angle u view it from..

The story i narrated has to do with people doing things other does or said should b done in a particular way without questioning it with regards to d situation that prompted the action or the "said word" by the leaders they follow blindly and how it relates to d present situation they are in

P.S: I am using a religious angle

P.P.S S: Hope u grab that..??
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2014
@ Hadizy
out of curiosity, what interpretation did u have in mind?
Like i said, the story is a complex one with different meaning where each meaning have sub layers of different meaning .
It's y i like d story very much
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by micynute94(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2014
From that same angle..
U could say i was referring to PERCEPTION.
k
Re: Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? by Ymodulus: 11:23am On Oct 12, 2014
micynute94:

The story is complex and has a lot of different meaning depending on the angle u view it from..

The story i narrated has to do with people doing things other does or said should b done in a particular way without questioning it with regards to d situation that prompted the action or the "said word" by the leaders they follow blindly and how it relates to d present situation they are in

P.S: I am using a religious angle

P.P.S S: Hope u grab that..??

Correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? / Historically Analyzing The Crucifixtion And Resurrection Claim. / Archbishop Resigns Over S-e-x Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.