Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

How Do You Pray...when You Can't Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Pray...when You Can't Pray? (571 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / As A Christian, What Do You Pray When Served Meals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Pray...when You Can't Pray? by Bvsteph: 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
The next couple of lines may be weird and strange to you. You may even wonder how someone can ask for help in such a simple matter as praying. I wonder too, but then, that's the situation i have find myself in. It would be safe to say i have been going through this for a while now..for years now. I'm not even sure where to begin explaining the issue..bottom line is, How do people pray and just believe like that? It may sound quite easy to you, but for me it's like a task, a big task.

Prayer is communicating with God, pouring your heart to Him, having a conversation with Him. But in my head, i have this whole idea of how prayer should really be like, and if i miss one step i feel like i have missed the whole prayer thing...i'm sure i am making sense right now, wish i could truly communicate what i feel.
Whenever i seem to pray, i spend like 30 minutes after the prayer, asking myself how i'm certain God just heard what i said few minutes ago, then in the end i just stop believing that i prayed in the first place. I know without faith it's impossible to please God,(Hebrews 11: 6) but how do you even pray to have that faith when you can't pray? For every time i want to pray, i have a whole long period of battle in my head about if God heard me, maybe i didn't request for that thing right or i didn't look at this issue in the right angle and so many other thoughts. I literally get tired of the thoughts weighing me down and i just conclude that because i didn't pray right, then God probably never heard me...maybe my issue isn't prayer..maybe it's faith...i don't know :-(

When i was much younger (i have had this issue for a very long time) i told someone, and he said when i finish praying and face battles in my head, then God has probably heard my prayers, that is why the battles are there. That helped for a while, but it was only a matter of time before i went back to square one. I know the solution may be that i have to renew my mind..but how do i do that? Pray that God helps me renew it?....But then again i can't pray

So many plenty talks, let's just get the questions out,
1. How do you pray and believe? What makes you so sure that God has heard your prayers?

2. After praying and you ask yourself if God just heard your prayers....does this mean you have doubted and if God did your prayer before then he would not answer them because you just doubted?

3. How do you believe or trust that He has heard you? How do you trust something you can't see or hold or feel? How do you trust the unseen?
Re: How Do You Pray...when You Can't Pray? by esere826: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bvsteph:
The next couple of lines may be weird and strange to you.
Naa... its not strange. Many go through the same, that's why we tend to hold on to human intermediaries

1. How do you pray and believe? What makes you so sure that God has heard your prayers?
As long as God exists and is omni----''anything", then he definitely heard you.
The real question is either or both of this:
-Can or Will he do anything about your prayer?
-Will YOU receive the result of the prayer if indeed he does something about it?

2. After praying and you ask yourself if God just heard your prayers....does this mean you have doubted and if God did your prayer before then he would not answer them because you just doubted?
God loves you, and it is only human for you to doubt.
Thomas doubted, and he did not loose anything for doubting
If you understand how the kingdom (not God per se) operates,
you'd soon discover that there is enough room for doubts. So many of the initial disciples had stories of doubt
However the beauty is how the Spirit will walk with you through time to overcome doubts in life's journey

3. How do you believe or trust that He has heard you? How do you trust something you can't see or hold or feel? How do you trust the unseen?
That is why Jesus gave you the gift of the holy spirit
especially your speaking in tongue
If I didn't speak in tongue, with the way I think, by now,
I would have dismissed God as being none existent.

Speaking in tongue is very tangible, because you the talker know for sure that you are not making things up
and are only expressing strange words from some other being

...cheers

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pray...when You Can't Pray? by Bvsteph: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
:-) Thanks a lot
esere826:
Naa... its not strange. Many go through the same, that's why we tend to hold on to human intermediaries

As long as God exists and is omni----''anything", then he definitely heard you.
The real question is either or both of this:
-Can or Will he do anything about your prayer?
-Will YOU receive the result of the prayer if indeed he does something about it?

God loves you, and it is only human for you to doubt.
Thomas doubted, and he did not loose anything for doubting
If you understand how the kingdom (not God per se) operates,
you'd soon discover that there is enough room for doubts. So many of the initial disciples had stories of doubt
However the beauty is how the Spirit will walk with you through time to overcome doubts in life's journey

That is why Jesus gave you the gift of the holy spirit
especially your speaking in tongue
If I didn't speak in tongue, with the way I think, by now,
I would have dismissed God as being none existent.

Speaking in tongue is very tangible, because you the talker know for sure that you are not making things up
and are only expressing strange words from some other being

...cheers

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Relationship. / How God Works / Seun Some Points To Consider.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.