Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Living With Your Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With Your Mother (868 Views)

How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With Your Mother by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
After my Father died 12 years ago I decided that my Mama stays with me and my daughter.
She was so Sad and lonely and suffering with several sickness (diabetics,high blood pressure) to name a view...

My Coworker told me yesterday that now i'm her 2nd husband
I asked him to explain it to me but he was just laughing undecided
Maybe someone can explain it to me pls and ty smiley

I'm happy to see that she is feeling much better.

1 Like

Re: Living With Your Mother by ogoplus: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
I think you did the right thing by allowing your mum to stay with you.

If she's getting better and you are happy with the improvements you see in her condition; that is much you can do for her.

And I know posterity will reward you pleasantly for your care.

Concerning your colleague’s comment.......?

I can read some meanings to your colleague’s comment…. but I am not so sure and I think it is not safe to assume information your have not disclosed in your post.

There are three (3) possible reasons why he said you are your “mum’s second husband”.
Re: Living With Your Mother by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
so you need more info
Re: Living With Your Mother by cintia(f): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Being your mum's second husband means you have stepped into the shoes of your father in filling the vacuum the way you can.

4 Likes

Re: Living With Your Mother by gidjah(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR HER NOW,is what her husband will sure do if he were to be alive,thus;you are husband now
Re: Living With Your Mother by gidjah(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
WHAT you are currently doing is what her husband would hav bin doing if he were to be alive,thus;you are her husband o.the position u are occupyin in her life now is what her husband should be taking up

1 Like

Re: Living With Your Mother by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
smiley ty all
now I know how it feels to be a husband cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living With Your Mother by Youngpo413: 7:01am On Dec 22, 2014
Good
Re: Living With Your Mother by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2014
It means you have stepped to the shoes your father left,by doing things your dad ought to be doing..

No string attached to what your colleague said,except otherwise stated..

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Deceived Me In Vain / Promo!! Promo!!! Promo!!! Samsung, Scanfrost And Cway Dispensers With 10% Off / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.