Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

A Conversation Between Nigeria And His Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Conversation Between Nigeria And His Son (640 Views)

Osinbajo Attends Wedding Ceremony Of His "Son" In Enugu State (Photos) / Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Conversation Between Nigeria And His Son by 7thCANON: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nigeria: Son, I went to meet South Korea and my club members at World Bank to beg them money and assistance to provide you development in infrastructure

Son: But you said you have the skills and knowledge to build us.

Nigeria: That’s true, but you know you have to keep building you skills in this world. Presently, the skills we have cannot develop us. I think I am too lazy and have also made you my children to be lazy.

Son: But you said you had skills when you were young

Nigeria: Let me tell you, I was the big boy then! My money was bigger than US dollars. I helped South Korea back in the 1960s when we were still young. I use to have much skills and money, so I gave him money to help him develop himself after his parents (Korean Peninsula) divorced. I was even the one who taught Malaysia how to develop oil palm. Back in the days I was in the click of the happening countries.

Son: So what happened? The people you helped then are now very rich. They can provide their children all the basics of life and even more. Their children are well respected throughout the world but we are not. In fact, we cannot even feed ourselves; we do not have other basics infrastructure, or security.

Nigeria: I think I had too much money and did not know what to do with the money. I became so spoilt. I failed to inculcate in my children the essence of hard work and innovation. So your older siblings stole most of the money and squandered it. But my friends like South Korea, Malaysia, and Singapore who know they had nothing worked very hard. They taught their children that knowledge and innovation is the path to greatness in the world that is why they are rich.

Son: So does that mean we will never be rich.

Nigeria: My son, I have told you the truth. I have failed you! But you don’t have to fail yourself. If you behave like your older siblings and refuse to develop your knowledge and skills, and invest in innovation, even Togo, Benin, Guinea, and all these other smaller boys will pass you and you’ll become poorer. Already they no longer respect you.

1 Like

Re: A Conversation Between Nigeria And His Son by lordcabasa(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
HIM DON TRY MENTALITY!!
Its common in this part of the world to hear citizens excuse political office holders with such a clandestine Excuse of "Him try na afterall him predecessors no do reach like this". It beats my Imaginations on how we got to this abyss, Consistently reducing both in Thoughts and Reality.
If my car was faulty, and I engage d service of a mechanic to fix it, Am I obliged to pay him to fix the car or for making an attempt yet failing? Its a popular sight to behold comments like Conductor gimme back my money usually when a car breaks down short of its destination. How then can we say a politician who advertised himself to fix our society, Tried when he failed to actualise same feat for which he was hired.
Some even appreciate political Office holders for resurfacing dilapidated roads which makes me wonder the aim of government. Going by this line of thoughts, I think we ought to thank the police and Traffic Marshals for arresting us wen eva we violate the least of Traffic Laws.
To many our political office holders are never wrong and always held in high esteem as leaders but then I wish that the many knows wat Being a Leader entails. In essence, if I can not thank the police for locking me up at my lowest moment nor pay the mechanic for attempting to fix my car when his duty actually is in fixing my car then I can not sing praises to a failed politician for failing to render the duties of his office.
Every security man who occupies an office despite series of burglary activities in no way justifies his pay and as such does not deserve a pay raise rather than a summary dismissal; I see no difference between a student that scored 39 and that of 5 as long as both grades symbolises an F a huge embodiment of Failure. #tinkaboutit#
Re: A Conversation Between Nigeria And His Son by christejames(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Creative I must say its not easy, kudos!
Re: A Conversation Between Nigeria And His Son by Bash92(m): 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

/ How Boko Haram Brutally Govern Seized Territories / BREAKING:Malala Yousafzai Wins Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.