Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,532 members, 7,826,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Fourth Dimension - Part 3 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Fourth Dimension - Part 3 (468 Views)

The Fourth Dimension -Part 6 / The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 / The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fourth Dimension - Part 3 by Sheikwonder(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
Let's use the famous "Flatland" analogy.
Imagine a world where everything is 2D.A world inhabited by 2D shapes.A world we'll call "Flatland".
Here,we'd have squares,circles,triangles,etc. Remember,2D has no depth,so our world would have no depth.We would only be able to see 'around us' and not 'above' or 'below' because for 2D beings,the concept of depth is non-existent.

Are you still with me?

Suppose one day an apple fell from no where and landed on Flatland,how would the inhabitants of Flatland view this apple?[Remember,apples are 3D]

To illustrate how they'd see it,take an apple and place it on an inkpad.Then take the stained apple and place it on white paper.The impression it makes would be the way 2D people would see it,more or less,a shadow.

Which brings me to a point I made earlier.Even though the apple exists,the 2D objects can't see it though they can feel its presence.By extension Man can't see into 4D,though it exists.

Don't be baffled,the best part is yet to come.Keep following to find out...

(1) (Reply)

Allen Henning Execution / Army To Fight Boko Haram With Civilian JTF Recruits / Who Did You Resemble In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.