Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? (2643 Views)

Meet My Pet Dog And Cat / Touching Moment A Cat Drags An Injured Cat Off The Road (PHOTOS) / Boerboel Care And Training Tips. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by benega: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Few days ago I found a stray kitten near my house, she was alone so I'd guess her parents were killed. I've always toyed wif d idea of getting a cat. So it seems ma wish was granted. I took her in and named her zena. But d prob is dat am clueless concerning cats. Need some tips guys. Please. Pix below, aint she cute.

1 Like

Re: Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by Mynd44: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Cats...those arrogant creatures. Go get some milk, potty train it, don't expect it to come when you call and you are good

1 Like

Re: Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by bakandow11: 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
when you are ready togive it food ...yhats d best time to NAME D CAT....
Re: Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by Eveezy(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Cats re domesticated animals bt they can't be trained d way a dog culd be, they seem to hav a mind of their own, for example u can train a dog not to leave ur yard unsupervised or at a particular tym bt u cn neva keep a cat in ur home all tru, they re well known to stray away, u cn train a dog to sit nd stay bt nt a cat. So all u nid to train it to do rily is potty training,give a name nd u re gud to go, treat dem like humans, cats re naturally neat animals they dnt like being disorganized so u dnt ve a problem there jst the feeding nd occasionally bathing nd combing cos cats dnt rily like water
Re: Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by UjSizzle(f): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Is that the kitten? So cute.

Things you'll need:

Food and water bowl
A bed (warm, dry blankets)
A scratching post, or it'll use your furniture and wall.
Cat food (you can get them at your local grocery store).

You'll also need to take the regular trip to the vet.

Additional tips:

Potty training and lots of scratching/cuddling time grin

Cats unlike dogs own people not the other way round. So once you can provide the basics for her, you're good to enjoy your life. They don't also demand a lot of attention and will probably be absent more times or fast asleep than it's present. Also be ready to deal with sulks and all that spoilt brat behaviour tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by doeying(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
lol..okay...so i had 8 cats...
cats are really fun to watch and be with....

as stated above...you need the food,water(clean water, they know when water is dirty and would not drink)
as for the scratch post, what i did was that i bought some knitting wool and rolled it severally around a plank...a flat plank, they all used that ...all of them...

as for potty training, get a biscuit or indomie carton, cut it into two horizontally, lay about two layers of nylon and pour fine sand on it,cats are very clean animals and so they would naturally want to hide their poo with sand, google how to potty train them but place the boxes in dark areas of the house and always make sure they know where it is....ur house would be cleaner and less smellier that way...

as for food...i know we were wrong but that is what we could afford...we mixed geisha with anything and they eat it up...some times we buy liver from the abbatoir and with play with them...u see the way they jump to get the meat..lol...real fun....we also give them milk...only the old ones though...cus milk can cause diarrhea in kittens.

as for toys...heres what i did...i got some feathers...painted them...glued them together ..tied them to a string and attached the string to a stick....boy...they could pursue the fathers for a whole day..we end up getting tired...lol...

am writing too much,,,,its a new kitten so please tell people not to make noise around it...cus that would makeit a fearful cat,and trust me..u dont want a fearful cat...also..if you have young children..they would have tendencies to want to keep playing with the cats,,,believe me...thats not good....you have to monitor them....

lol..i am tired for now...for further enquiry...i would reply later...

but remember...they are not witches and people would always be amazed when u tell them u have a cat...

the names of my cats...BELLA..BROWNIE..MIMI...YINBO(from oyimbo..he is pure white)...MANNIE...CEASAR...SEBASTIAN(SEBA for short) and PRISCY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cat Training Tips, Anyone??? by benedict501(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Please where can I get nice cat to buy?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

So Sad! My Cute Adult Female GSD For Sale. who is going to be the lucky buyer? / End Time Things .. Human Hybrid Dogs Are Real / Pedigree Boerboel Puppies Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.