Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? (10537 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by dearie(m): 1:36am On Jul 30, 2006
Is it wrong for churches to wed couples with pregnant brides?

Most churches condemn it, and will never wed such couples, but some churches condone it and only wields a punishment of a pink-coloured wedding gown instead of the customary white for brides.

What's your take on this.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by diddy4(m): 2:10am On Jul 30, 2006
in as much as it is bad for xtains to be pregnant b4 their wedding stuff, i dont think they should be condemmed or discriminated against cuzz of that. i mean, they aint no God to judge. at least it aint no gay marriage. they should be allowed to wed. but their aint nuffin like being pure during your wedding day. anyway this is the kindd@ age we are in no one cares about this stuff.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by Drusilla(f): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2006
No.

The bible even requires a man who rapes a virgin to marry her afterward and pay her bride price.

God definitely likes to see people repent and do the right thing.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by Badman888(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2006
No its not wrong for Churches to wed pregnant prides, i think in most cases they were cream color gown instead of white.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by babymine(f): 9:28am On Jul 31, 2006
Yeah, very wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by Obelomo: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2006
Well I don't think it is wrong, because who are we to judge. Plus it is better getting married, because their are some people who have bunch of kids and still shacking up.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by adetunrayo(f): 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2006
it is absolutely wrong.God doesnt support it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by sweetnini(f): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2006
where in the Bible did it say it's wrong for a pregnant bride to marry in the church
when u show me the verse then i'll accept that it's wrong

diddy4:

in as much as it is bad for xtains to be pregnant before their wedding stuff, i don't think they should be condemmed or discriminated against cuzz of that. i mean, they aint no God to judge. at least it aint no gay marriage. they should be allowed to wed. but their aint nuffin like being pure during your wedding day. anyway this is the kindd@ age we are in no one cares about this stuff.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by GL(f): 1:32am On Aug 03, 2006
Jesus came to call sinners to repentance, the Church must help sinners repent and not condemn them. If a member gets pregnant b4 marriage, the church should punish/suspend the couple and wed them before the child comes. The important thing is to get them to repent and still feel accepted. If God doesn't reject them, the Church has no right to do so. plus, they should be allowed to dress in whatever colours they choose.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by m4malik(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2006
As long as the couple concerned is not priding themselves in their pre-wed pregnancy, the church should seek to help them do the right thing instead of condemning or ostracising them. My fear is that, sometimes there is the abuse that crops up thereto - that if it was okay in one case, then several people will say it doesn't matter anymore so it becomes the norm.

Jesus didn't condemn the woman taken in adultery - in the very act. But He did warn her to go and sin no more (John 8:4, 10-11). While not condoning what is wrong, people should not be ostracised for having failed in some situation or the other, as long as they seek to do the right and not keep up with living in open sin.

Let the couple choose the colour of their dress sense. Afterall, who knows if some with flat stomachs have not done worse than the 'pregos'? Oooops!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by agnesoseka: 10:33am On Mar 20, 2007
well, i dont tink its wrong, besides, wearing cream or wat ever color doesnt make any difference as far as am concerned.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by fadenike(f): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2007
The bible standard is that the matrimonial bed should be undefile (hebrew 13:4) it simply means that pregnant is not expected before the wedding day. thus some churches makes it one of their sure doctrine and require for pregnant  test  before any joining. once u know it to be a rule in your church try to avoid it or you go for registry.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by Backslider(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2007
@ Topic

No Holy Church gathering will bless a meeting of fornication.

The bless of the Lord is without sorrow but some have moved into Immorality so as to seek Gods Bless later. He is not deceived and the Standard of the Lord can not be lowered.

Selah
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by lafile(m): 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2007
From what i know, no church will refuse you getting married if you are pregnant. They will only refuse to wed you in the church. They will recognise your marriage, even encourage you to get married in the registry or something. They will not condemn you. In many churches it is a policy to conduct pregnancy tests for brides a day or two before the wedding. In my church for example, you are told at least 16 weeks before your wedding all the requirements, including the pregnancy tests. if you still decide to get pregnant knowing that you will not be wed, na you sabi. They even tell you it is not compulsary to wed in the church. they will even attend your reception. why join 3 people at the altar when you are supposed to join two?
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by ishmael(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2007
It's not a problem; in catholic churches it is allowed.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by spoilt(f): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2007
the way men insist on brides getting pregnant before they can walk down the aisle is alarming. it puts the bride in a predicament which is very embarrasing. churches actually carry out pregnancy tests on the brides.
i once attended a catholic wedding where 8 couples were wedding. all the brides were pregnant. it just wierd! and they were all in white.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by trinigirl1(f): 2:52am On Apr 06, 2007
Backslider:

@ Topic

No Holy Church gathering will bless a meeting of fornication.

The bless of the Lord is without sorrow but some have moved into Immorality so as to seek Gods Bless later. He is not deceived and the Standard of the Lord can not be lowered.

Selah

Here we go again.  This fanatic Backslider with the religous spirit.  Sincere but sincerely wrong as usual!
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by trinigirl1(f): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2007
spoilt:

the way men insist on brides getting pregnant before they can walk down the aisle is alarming. it puts the bride in a predicament which is very embarrasing. churches actually carry out pregnancy tests on the brides.
i once attended a catholic wedding where 8 couples were wedding. all the brides were pregnant. it just wierd! and they were all in white.

oh my god! they were all in white what an abomination?  shocked
pray tell, what happened? did the earth shake as did they spontaneously burst into flames at the alter for such an atrocity?  were they stoned to death by faithful "christians" for being such harlots? Surely it's what they deserve.  I cannot believe they had the audacity to wear WHITE WEDDING GOWNS! how dare they try to do the right thing?

Religion and tradition  is surely the death of true christianity.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by spoilt(f): 3:43am On Apr 07, 2007
@trini-girl
quit playing. grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by dj4wealth: 4:06pm On May 13, 2007
I think it would be better if the wedding comes up outside the church. In a hall maybe. 'Cos its not encouraging to the up coming ones
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by Aproko(f): 8:59am On May 15, 2007
@ topic,

whether we like it or not, marrying couples with the brides pregnant is simply exhibiting double standards.

the same christains will preach no sex before marriage, yet their fornication is celebrated in the open church with blessings from the pastors and congregation!!!! a pregnant bride should marry according to her tradition and registry and wait till she has put to bed to receive a marriage blessing and not a church wedding with all the attendant flamboyance.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by lafile(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2007
Aproko, God bless you.
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by thesilent1(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2007
where the heck did we get cream or pink dresses from!?!?!?! LOL

pregnancy tests before the wedding?!?!?! what the heck is all this rubbish about?!?!?!?! churches have become something else!

let me throw a huge spanner in the works here; WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE MARRIED BY SOMEONE? why can't you and your partner come together and make a commitment to each other in front of God and witnesses and consider your self married? why do i have to have somone's "blessing" or approval to make my commitment to my wife/partner legit and legal?

i think because there is a wrong understanding of church, we put so much emphasis on the building and its laws.

oh gosh, not enough time for this. in MY little opinion, there are serious flaws in this system. its like we say, we forgive but we are still ashamed of you!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by boyeoscar: 10:08am On May 15, 2007
Well you do have a fact,but i think you need to understand yourself wella,you did mentioned it should be between 2 partners obviously they both must have comprise these issue before going to the alter.Anyway come to think of it's kinda romantic,the shubby tommy after the wedding honey,slow romance and the rest storyline.Wish your FRIEND well and plan your own better
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by MP007(m): 6:46am On Jul 20, 2007
Its just so sad that we dont really have respect for the alter anymore.In the old testerment no body messed with the alter no church cos it was all instance judgement.The grace of God is just too much, thats why
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by hamabra(m): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2007
i think we should stop deciving ourselves, get pregnant b4 wedding is wrong but  i believe the same rule should be in place for couples that have slept with themselves b4 marriage OR is it not the sametin, both is fornication so we should not just do pregnacy test will should also do confirmatory test for virginity cos white garment represent purity
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by dominobaby(f): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2007
'confirmatory test for virginity'? For both couples abi the bride alone?
Re: Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? by GraceInUSA: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2013
The Bible is God's standard. We cant know the truth and try to justify wrong actions. It is clearly stated that the marriage bed should be UNDEFILED. Having sex/ fornication with or w/o getting pregnant before the wedding is a sin. That is why it is advisable that the church wedding comes not more than a wk after the traditional.
In my church, you wouldnt hold a regular wedding, its going to be a church blessing and no white gown. Its going to be cream. I know of a wedding that was called off 1wk to the day because the couple admitted to fornicating.

Its God's standard and if you cant cope, go to the registry or you only do traditional.

(1) (Reply)

Catholism Is False Religion!!! / Bible Scholars Lets Discuss Eternal Security / Daily Blessing Prayer. Love, Prosperity, Success And Peace.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.